• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Swap Box around the USA

So I started going through some of my pins and organizing them this way.
1. WDI
2. DSSH
3. LE 500 and under
4. LE 1000 and under (debated doing a LE 750 and under)
5. LE 2000 and under
6. LE over 2000
7. Limited Release
8. Paris, Hong Kon, Shanghai pins
9. Everything Else ( I have a lot of these)

Need to go through another cabinet of pins, only have a little over 100 pins from page 1-6. I didn’t think I had that many, but they kept coming. Unfortunately I only had 4 velvet pin pages. Will need to see if I can find a good alternative.

Sounds like you have plenty of pins to start a box since the Lr/oe/hm portion can be a fair number due to size difference.

For my boards I used coroplast wrapped in duck tape.

I don’t want to give too much away about my box while it is still making the rounds, but I had a few pins fewer than mcgilligan.

Last edited:
So I started going through some of my pins and organizing them this way.
1. WDI
2. DSSH
3. LE 500 and under
4. LE 1000 and under (debated doing a LE 750 and under)
5. LE 2000 and under
6. LE over 2000
7. Limited Release
8. Paris, Hong Kon, Shanghai pins
9. Everything Else ( I have a lot of these)

Need to go through another cabinet of pins, only have a little over 100 pins from page 1-6. I didn’t think I had that many, but they kept coming. Unfortunately I only had 4 velvet pin pages. Will need to see if I can find a good alternative.
So i only have 4 hidden mickeys . After doing a pin count I’m at 198 pins. I’m sure i can pull together another 2 pins to make it an even 200.
I have it broken down to this.
pages
1. WDI
2. DSSH
3. LE 2000 and up
4. LE 2000 and under
5. LE 1000 and under
6. LE 750 and under
7. LE 500 and under
8. Limited Release & Paris, Hong Kong & Shanghai
9/10. Open Edition & Hidden Mickey’s

10 pages in all

So i only have 4 hidden mickeys . After doing a pin count I’m at 198 pins. I’m sure i can pull together another 2 pins to make it an even 200.
I have it broken down to this.
pages
1. WDI
2. DSSH
3. LE 2000 and up
4. LE 2000 and under
5. LE 1000 and under
6. LE 750 and under
7. LE 500 and under
8. Limited Release & Paris, Hong Kong & Shanghai
9/10. Open Edition & Hidden Mickey’s

10 pages in all
That is more than enough.

I wish i could participate. I'm stuck indoors all the time and haven't had any trades for a long time.
Is there a way that the EU members could do one over there? I feel like there are a fair amount of UK people on the site.

It is hard to be stuck indoors all the time. I feel for you!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Is there a way that the EU members could do one over there? I feel like there are a fair amount of UK people on the site.

It is hard to be stuck indoors all the time. I feel for you!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Of course they can do one. This isn't copyrighted or anything like that, lol

Hoping theere is another around the US, as we have had a blast and are so enjoying watching the next in lines! So, we'd definitely be interested in a US one (or any if we could ship to the US . . . just couldn't swing shpiping over the border right now). This has been so fun, especially since trading in person hasn't been a thing for us since not getting down to see Gramma in over two years! Sooooo much fun!

I'm curious how much was it to ship the box along to the next person? (Trying to figure out if this is something i could afford to participate in down the road.)

I'm curious how much was it to ship the box along to the next person? (Trying to figure out if this is something i could afford to participate in down the road.)

It depends. For one of the swap boxes, everything seemed so squished together, that I ended up moving it into a larger box. So, large flat rate will be more than medium flat rate, but if you're shipping in the same zone, then it might be cheaper to ship non-flat rate.

With that @Pinfun is correct with the quote for medium flat rate. Using Pirate Ship usually saves a few dollars off the USPS retail price. I believe both boxes weighed between 9 and 11 pounds.

It depends. For one of the swap boxes, everything seemed so squished together, that I ended up moving it into a larger box. So, large flat rate will be more than medium flat rate, but if you're shipping in the same zone, then it might be cheaper to ship non-flat rate.

With that @Pinfun is correct with the quote for medium flat rate. Using Pirate Ship usually saves a few dollars off the USPS retail price. I believe both boxes weighed between 9 and 11 pounds.
Thanks for the info :)

Did we ever decide if we are going to do another round of two boxes?
Might just need someone to take the initiative...

I will assist. I will manage a list of DPFers interested and look into the random order assignment (does a mod need to run a randomizer or could I do this?)

Who is willing to start a box?

This looks so fun! I don't have enough traders to start a box, but I'd love to participate in a swap box once I qualify.
I am not sure the rules... would need to read up on who is eligible.

Edit:
Found these rules in the first post:
2. Must be a DPF member prior to December 31, 2020;
3. Must have a feedback score of 9 or more. If the member has negative feedback, said negative feedback had to have been posted prior to December 31, 2020;
4. Must be active on DPF within the past two weeks. Active means logging in and posting;

Not sure if #2 might be adjusted a bit since time has passed? @starry_solo @Ksnuggles @dancecats ?

@Sithathoriunet #3 would exclude you right now... :( Give it some time. By the time we get another one started you could meet the requirements... :)

Back