• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ZAPPED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Hey everyone.

Okay, let's see. I have several thank you's - a few that are long overdue.

Firstly, a few weeks ago I received a darling care package from Miss Sabrina, a.k.a. teddy_ruxpin, all the way from across the pond. We recently discovered that we share an affinity for many things, including Sanrio and teddy bears, so the package included lots of cute little Hello Kitty figurines, stickers, and a Duffy pin. Here's a picture of a few of the figurines hanging out on my nightstand:

Sadly, there's one or two missing from the set in the picture, because my evil cat Ashi keeps stealing them and rolling them under the bed! I think she's jealous of other kitties invading her territory. Anyway, Sabrina, I really loved your package. I've been in a terrible mood lately, and you really made me stop for a minute and remember whats important in life and smile. Its friends like you that really make this whole hobby worthwhile.

Next up, I have to thank Master. I guess he was in charge of sending me condolence prizes from Goofy_Moe's latest game. He could have sent me absolutely anything, but this is what he sent:

I was absolutely blown away. These are probably now my two best traders! Thank you so much for your generosity - It will not be forgotten.

And now... I saved the best for last...

A week or two ago, I was meant to meet David (docfish2u) at Disneyland. Because of bad planning, I never got his cell phone number before he left, he didn't check the forums in time to get mine, and we never set up a place to actually meet, so we were both just wandering the park like "?". Anyway, after we got back in touch with one another after his return, he asked for my address to send me a button.

Well, I got his package today. The button he made me is absolutely adorable...

D'awwww.

But the other thing in the package brought me to tears...

:shock::eek2::cry:

Really?! For me?

THANK YOU, DAVID!!!!!!

This (LE100) Tiger Lily pin was my most wanted grail.
It's even bigger in person than I thought it would be, and SO beautiful.

My best friend said it was a good thing you didn't end up giving it to me at Disneyland,
because I might have had a heart attack, and you would have had to call an ambulance. :lol:

:hug::hug::hug:

And to everyone else...

My apologies for not being on the forum or posting on threads much lately. I am not giving up on pins, or pin trading, or God forbid, Disney. I'm just taking a few steps back.

There are a couple of reasons for this. Busy with family problems, blah blah. New phone, still figuring out Tapatalk, blah blah.

The most important reason: My doctor has been changing my medications around (as some of you know, I have psych issues and I've been on a cocktail of pills ever since I was a pre-teen) and I gotta admit, I'm just a horror to deal with right now. My moods are all over the place... I'm easily upset and I've been saying a lot of things I regret two seconds later. Its just best for me to just stay away from social groups of any kind right now. The last thing I want to do is say something stupid and hurt someone unintentionally.

But I love you guys!:hug:

I really and truly do, and I promise I'll be back in full force when everything's back to normal.

XOXO
Sara (SoraPandora)​

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!!! So happy for you Sara! The Sanrios, the awesome consolation prizes, the button and the grail pin... how awesome!!! :hug:

And you totally don't need to apologize for having to take a step back! I think we all know when someone isn't able to post as much as often that it just means life is simply busy and we can only hope its busy in a good way.

Lots of hugs and happy to see your post whenever they come! And way to go to all the members that made your day(s) a little bit brighter!! The grail slayer never sleeps! :lol:

Congratulations again!!

Congrats on all the lovely zaps. That Tiger Lily pin is beautiful! As someone who does poorly with most medications and who also suffers from anxiety, I know it's hard when you have to make a med change. Good luck and I hope you will be feeling better soon!

How awesome for you! You are obviously appreciated and loved for being just who you are! Come back when you can! We will be here.

I am not usually one who cares much for clowns, but there is something special about you!!! I have seen it for a long while!!! You are one of those special people I have taken a liking to, you have a great heart!!! Like I told you before, it does get better if you give it time. Take all the time you need, we will be here when you are ready and welcome you with open arms!!! We luv you lots!!!

I am glad I could make your day better, but it is now time to fix your siggy. Another one bites the dust.

Congrats on all your wonderful zaps and gifts. I don't collect Sanrio but I think your figurines are adorable! No wonder your kitty is jelly. LOL

Take care of yourself!!
Oh.. and go change your siggy!! :hsd:

Thank you all so much!

@tyleet87 - Most of the pics I just edited with Instagram, but for the hearts and dots on the Hello Kitty and Tiger Lily pictures, I used a bokeh app called "Lumiè." I just got my first iPhone and I'm still figuring this stuff out!

Thank you! I love downloading creative photo apps.