• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This isn't normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't normal?

Mali

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I can't seem how to figure out how to close this thread...I was not trying to offend anyone, I was trying to figure out if this was normal with this doll, a problem that perhaps others had.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't accept that, maybe it was a mistake in production or by seller. I personally would have to send it back and have a refund as the 'freckles' are very noticeable :(

I sent a message saying that I wish they had been more honest and posted photos if it was this bad.

They responded saying that I got a good deal on it and they don't see how they could have been more honest.

Gr, frustrating!

Is it from the Disney Store? If so demand a refund on it.

Or was it from Ebay? Cause you can file a claim that what you got was not what you ordered and that it is defective.

I sent a message saying that I wish they had been more honest and posted photos if it was this bad.

They responded saying that I got a good deal on it and they don't see how they could have been more honest.

Gr, frustrating!

If they didn't show photo's in the listing then they obviously had something to hide, if they were an honest seller they would have shown photos of the so called freckles.

Are they refusing to refund?

Edit: Nevermind! Just re-read and realized it was an EBay listing. That's pretty bad. If it were me I'd want a full refund as that is clearly damaged. If they refuse, I'd take it to Ebay or PayPal under the complaint that the item was not as described.

Last edited:
I think I was watching that auction if it was on eBay. No matter where it came from, that is unacceptable behavior from a seller! If nothing else, I think you are entitled to at least a partial refund if they won't let you return it. :( I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

This Mother Gothel doll is the only Limited DS Doll left on my wishlist. Unfortunately I haven't got the funds to get one myself. Anyway, if this situation would have happened to me, I would have gotten a panic attack, as this doll is expensvie. I will ask for a refund and buy a new one with the refuned money.

I agree with everyone else, don't keep it in that condition. Do what you can to get your money back, you will find another one eventually! I wouldn't keep it looking like that!

I would send it back for sure! Those are not freckles. . .that is ink that smeared probably during production but they should have been more clear in their description and posted more photos. I would demand a refund, the doll is considered damaged and probably was not worth the price you paid for the doll. So their statement "you got a deal" is most likely not true!

Those are definitely not freckles. It looks like dye has bled into the plastic. I would ask for a refund for sure!

If you do manage to resolve the situation, I would really appreciate it if you would share this seller's info with all of us, so we know not to purchase the doll for them. :)

I hope you figure something out soon!!

Thanks! I just sent a long email and will post here what happens from that! I am glad that no one thinks I was over-reacting about this.

Stuff like this gets me so anxious, I absolutely hate complaining to sellers (must be because I've working in retail for forever!).

The seller has not mislead you as they have put it in the listing there were marks on the face, they did not try to hide anything, whereas someone else might have left this out.

It was on the buyer, given a choice to bid on the item after reading the description. Not all sellers post a loads of pics as it's probably more expensive to list (I've never sold so I'm guessing here). Personally, I would have contacted the seller beforehand to get further information and decided for myself, to enquire for further information / photos.. I base this on the fact I have had a good experience with sellers, also deciding not to bid on occasions because the item wasn't suitable.

If you are not happy, you need to return the item for a refund. That way it's fair on you and the seller.

Hope you get a refund, i know how Ebay sellers can be. I'm currently taking an Ebay break because i'm sick of sellers not being honest.

The seller has not mislead you as they have put it in the listing there were marks on the face, they did not try to hide anything, whereas someone else might have left this out.

It was on the buyer, given a choice to bid on the item after reading the description. Not all sellers post a loads of pics as it's probably more expensive to list (I've never sold so I'm guessing here). Personally, I would have contacted the seller beforehand to get further information and decided for myself, to enquire for further information / photos.. I base this on the fact I have had a good experience with sellers, also deciding not to bid on occasions because the item wasn't suitable.

If you are not happy, you need to return the item for a refund. That way it's fair on you and the seller.

While I partially see what you're saying, I do think that the seller did understate the condition of the freckles. Describing them as "small" when they are such a large issue is a bit misleading! I think Mali has learned from this though and will hopefully be more thorough when looking at conditions of dolls :D I also don't think the seller should be being so stubborn about this, but that's just my personal opinion! Hopefully it works out great for the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back