• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK coming soon pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK coming soon pins
I didn't get a tangled pin... if anyone wants to sell one that they have im open to buying!

After about 2 hours of page refreshing I was so tired I just had to go to sleep, of course the pin went on sale and sold out during that time.

xxxx

does any one remember the dream pin thread we had months ago and some ones dream pin was jasmin in an hr glass wearing red not blue? i cant remember who it was lol but i bet there happy!

Reading store had some....or least i think I left some,but on the refresh thing I know how you feel I was checking every 10 minutes from 4 O'clock and once I saw them on there I got to checkout to find I could not order them, as you can appreciate I was not happy and Im dreading it for the next releases, With them only selling the pins in certain stores its going to be a complete fight to get them, I know they are selling them in London... but most of the pin traders in the south live to far out to just pop into london not to mention the cost of traveling into the capital. Yet again not clever thinking by Disney....oh they make me mad!!!!!!

I'm pretty nervous about the Jasmine release. I've got most of the pins released in the UK since early 2008 (I think there's only a couple I'm missing), so if I don't get a Jasmine for my collection I won't be happy. Plus I have someone else relying on me for the online releases so I'll feel dreadful if I don't manage to get one for him too.

If it's not free postage I doubt there will be a problem, but if they stick with free postage the pins will be gone in a few minutes.

does any one remember the dream pin thread we had months ago and some ones dream pin was jasmin in an hr glass wearing red not blue? i cant remember who it was lol but i bet there happy!

I think someone else first mentioned this idea on Dizpins (sorry, don't remember who), but it would be awesome to have a pin with Jasmine in her red "slave" outfit on. Bonus points if they show her trapped in the hourglass. I've always thought that would make such a cool pin, especially if they could also show Aladdin fighting snake-Jafar a la [pin]72331[/pin] in the foreground (or background).

my store didnt even know about the anouncement lol and they are one of the 16 stores!! they thought i was lieing cos they said where did i get that information :(

hmmm i guess they hadnt read their info yet, it did come through like yesterday. I am hoping every now and again other cm will be on their travels to other stores and pick me a few up! We are quite good like that to each other.

only just caught up on reading this post, here goes on what i know:

Popped in to southampton (which is my local store, im from portsmouth) at about 2.00pm on saturday to see if they had any of the tink or tangled pins in stock, the CM i spoke to said they had only received a few of them in (cant remember exactly how many but less than 5 of each) and they sold out pretty quickly. in speaking to her it turns out that she's really peeved at disney for no longer selling pins at southampton considering there's a bunch of us that meet up outside the store and have trade meets there, but she reckons there will still be a trading lanyard instore as that costs them no money, and having seen the secret gift box of spares theyve got they wont run out of good'uns any time soon. so anyways she let me and my sister have a free-for-all trading session from the box in which we were allowed to tip them all out on the counter top and have a proper rummage through (and ditch any scrappers for them) we came away with 7 trades between us (she was all up for rebelling) and managed to talk to a few families who had traded/bought pin in the states but hadnt realised you could trade in store!

Lets just hope that disney store gets their act together, and keeps trading lanyards in all stores for trading on

I would be all up for a 'Pin Club' or membership thing where we can pay a subscription of say £19.99 per year and then the subscribed members can have access to buy the pin before it goes on general sale. Then, the hardcore pin traders would get the pins they wanted before people bought multiple lots and severly abused the system.

Surely, something like this must work..

Martin

I just got a refund of £14 from the Disney Store.

The exact value of my purchase for two of the new Tangled pins.

No email about whether that's what it's for, I'm just guessing that I won't be getting the two pins I ordered at 18:57 on the day of release - the pins went up for sale at approximately 18:49 that day.

I am so annoyed. If I can't have two, then at least let me have one!

No email about whether that's what it's for, I'm just guessing that I won't be getting the two pins I ordered at 18:57 on the day of release - the pins went up for sale at approximately 18:49 that day.

That's beyond wierd that they've refunded you, but not contacted you to say so, did they try calling you at all?. I checked my email from them and mine was processed only a couple of minutes beforehand :S But I just checked to see if they may have refunded me, which they haven't, which I guess is good...

Last edited:
Ello, i too ordered a couple of minutes before you, my order was processed at 1853 and so far so good, no refund in to my account so fingers crossed. However the day before, i ordered £50.78 of pins in the sale plus £4.95 postage, and on friday (the following day) i had a voice mail left on the mobile number id put on the order form stating that unfortunately the two ducktales pins id ordered couldnt be supplied so would be refunded. when i checked my account later that day they had refunded me £11.93 (i presume twice £3.49 for the pins and £4.95 for the postage) they had been very honest and apologetic in their message and said to ring customer services if i had any questions. i have had no emails from disney to explain the refund just the phone call, did you put a telephone number on the order form?

Cheryl

I am yet to receive my refund for the Tangled pin. I managed to get 3 - one of the Disney Store members phoned my mom up whilst I was at work and said that he is refunding my money. I am concerned now as I thought it was just one of the pins. I have not received a refund though. Did you get an email saying that they had refunded you?

Disney Store are so annoying. And to make it worse, these Tangled pins are not for me. I bought them for USA members on the forum. You try to do something nice and it always backfires. :S

Tangled pin

Hi Guys

I sent an email to Disney today complaining about the availability of the new releases, about how their website wouldnt allow me to purchase the pins the moment they appeared, and how their new policy to only sell pins in selected stores was a big blow to me.

I was rather shocked to receive a telephone call about half an hour later from a Disney representative, who sympathised with the difficulties I had experienced. She said that Disney was still trying to guage demand for the pins, and that from what I was telling her, she felt that perhaps the pins should be sold in all stores. I also suggested the possibility of more stock being available in the online store. She was passing my email together with a report to someone higher within the organisation, and was told that I may expect a call from them again to discuss the situation.

They are obviously trying to collect data on demand, so if any of you did experience trouble, perhaps you may like to contact Disney, let them know what area you live in and why you had difficulties.

Hopefully, Disney will go back to selling the pins in all stores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back