• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK coming soon pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK coming soon pins
Danny makes a good point. This was a TANGLED pin. I'm sure people wanted Tink too, but no one's really mentioning that one. If it had been a pin of a really crap character, one that wouldn't make for a good trader and wouldn't be that popular as a keeper, this most likely wouldn't have happened, even with the free P&P offer.

In the survey, I asked for lower edition sizes and free P&P. Disney has given us this. I am pleased. Once upon a time, when they first announced that there would be an announcement, we were worried that they were going to stop pins completely. They haven't. I am pleased. They've given us a lot of what I assume most of us asked for.

Yes, some people are now no longer going to be able to buy pins at their local store, but that's what the website is for. Some people have ALWAYS had to rely on the website. Whatever went wrong during the Tangled release I'm sure they'll have fixed for the Jasmine and Pocahontas release. In terms of pins that can be bought in stores, we'll never truely know how they are distributed. So we'll have no idea how many Pocahontas pins will be available online. For all we know, the website may only have had 50 Tangled pins. I know that's highly unlikely, but you get my drift. The Jasmine pin though, we know that there's 150. So for me, the Jasmine pin will be the true test of how quickly a pin can and will sell out if it's coupled with free P&P.

I think everyone should hold off on their complaints until then.

I know Im complaining but thats just because no trading in the store (I think) thats all Im fussed about as I can easily get the pins from friends who can pick them up. Thats the only part of the announcement that annoyed me.

I agree with Lindsay saying the the Jasmine pin will show how well/quick a pin will sell out when all their stock of the pin is for online so I guess we will have to wait and see.

But on the topic of the Tink pin..thats got 29 trading to 35 wanting..that might as well have been a core pin if Im being completely honest and can everyone see how we have killed that as a trader pin since EVERYONE went and saw it might be popular and got 1 for trading and killed it.

We should actually take a leaf of the the French Traders book and NOT offer to pick up pins on every release so that way there would be more people wanting the pins in the long run as if ALL UK traders get 1 for keeps and 1/2 for trade then we are not putting any value into our pins when we pick them up for COST PRICE! the LE600 Tangled DLRP pin was on ebay for around 30 euro. we need to market our pins better to put some value into our pins for a change.

That makes more sense.

Now here is another thought. Would driving up the cost of UK pins by not helping American pin traders acquire them cause a backlash? Couldn't it cause American pin traders to turn around and raise the value of new pins? Maybe I am the only American that helps pin traders in the UK acquire US pins at cost, but I doubt it.

I think one of the biggest problems that UK traders have is that outsiders do not know the quality of the UK pins. I was trading some a week ago and the person (who is a long time trader) was amazed at how nice they were.

Now here is another thought. Would driving up the cost of UK pins by not helping American pin traders acquire them cause a backlash? Couldn't it cause American pin traders to turn around and raise the value of new pins? Maybe I am the only American that helps pin traders in the UK acquire US pins at cost, but I doubt it.

+1. What goes around comes around.
I help some UK traders at cost as well, usually even ignoring LE differences- You buy me a pin from the UK and I buy you one from the US. But for the Tangled pin that just changed after it had come out... it became "It's selling for this on ebay, so that's how much I want for it." I found that pretty disappointing...

I have been badly ripped off for Tangled pins in the past. I've probably paid over $450 trying to establish my collection. And I still need 3 more! Including the one that not a single person is trading. With tangled pins I have had to trade 2 or more or pay treble the price because nobody would help me out for cost price. I try and trade cost price with one person on here, and he has been great. But I probably didn't handle the Tangled pin situation very well and turned in to a shark like others did to me. I can only appologise to that person.

Martin

Apparently I have jinxed it. Seriously jinxed it. This is the worst DS UK screw up for me, ever.

Not only am I short the stunning amount of FOUR PINS - they shortened me two Plutos, and one each of Rapunzel and Tink. Of course I have been charged for my whole order, everything is on the packing slip, and someone even marked all amounts off!

But this is the cherry on top: I ordered the set of Tink drawing pencils. I tried to sharpen one because I wanted to start a sketch to distract me and cool off before I go online. Pencil broke off. I tried sharpening it again and it was really weird, only the outer part of the pencil would come off. I peaked in with a flashlight and turned out that the pencils are duds. The first three (I haven't tested more yet) contain 1/3 inch to the maximum of maybe an inch mine, then it's empty, and a little bit of mine at the end to seal it again! I am not sure how the *censored* that can happen, but it did!

Someone is going to get a very unhappy earful tomorrow! I am absolutely furious.

Apparently I have jinxed it. Seriously jinxed it. This is the worst DS UK screw up for me, ever.

Not only am I short the stunning amount of FOUR PINS - they shortened me two Plutos, and one each of Rapunzel and Tink. Of course I have been charged for my whole order, everything is on the packing slip, and someone even marked all amounts off!

But this is the cherry on top: I ordered the set of Tink drawing pencils. I tried to sharpen one because I wanted to start a sketch to distract me and cool off before I go online. Pencil broke off. I tried sharpening it again and it was really weird, only the outer part of the pencil would come off. I peaked in with a flashlight and turned out that the pencils are duds. The first three (I haven't tested more yet) contain 1/3 inch to the maximum of maybe an inch mine, then it's empty, and a little bit of mine at the end to seal it again! I am not sure how the *censored* that can happen, but it did!

Someone is going to get a very unhappy earful tomorrow! I am absolutely furious.

Hi Vala,
Don't seem to be able to send you a PM but if you need a UK Tink let me know

I am so EXCITED ! My friend sent me a PM on the other disney forum I help moderate .
3 stores later

attachment.php

Mine ! Mine !!!! Mine !

Last edited:
Update to my story:

The "least helpful response ever" award goes to DS UK.

After 15 minutes finally had someone on the phone. Explained. "We were short on stock, you should have got an e-mail." Umm... no, I did not, and if you were short on stock (which I couldn't help but notice): why on earth does my shipping confirmation says I got 2? Why does the packing slip say I got 2? Why are the numbers on the packing slip even marked off? Why am I missing Pluto pins too if the "short stock" was the issue?

No dice. I got the "I don't care, hey, why are you complaining, you have at least one!" attitude.

Supposedly she initiated a refund now - if I got missed because of the shortage why hasn't this been done? - and that's it. She's supposedly also sent out new pencils. Hopefully at least these won't have the same problem.

Sorry you went through all that vala . I could not believe the generousity of my friend , her husband & daughter ventured out and found them . Callie even bought one for herself . She's 10 and so, so cute ! I want to say they went to Stock Trafford ? Why can you not call the store and place an order ? Or will the store itself, not ship ?
I am very lucky as we've been promised a Jasmine & Poch . I'm done then for awhile except maybe to buy pins on the forum for traders . I'm happy , hopefully I'll be able to get some of my wants .

Update to my story:

The "least helpful response ever" award goes to DS UK.

After 15 minutes finally had someone on the phone. Explained. "We were short on stock, you should have got an e-mail." Umm... no, I did not, and if you were short on stock (which I couldn't help but notice): why on earth does my shipping confirmation says I got 2? Why does the packing slip say I got 2? Why are the numbers on the packing slip even marked off? Why am I missing Pluto pins too if the "short stock" was the issue?

No dice. I got the "I don't care, hey, why are you complaining, you have at least one!" attitude.

Supposedly she initiated a refund now - if I got missed because of the shortage why hasn't this been done? - and that's it. She's supposedly also sent out new pencils. Hopefully at least these won't have the same problem.

Don't want to sound negative but that sounds about right.....It does not matter what anyone says..they don't care, the people at the UK Disney store don't get pin trading and never will. Until a proper Disney person is in charge of the pin trading element it will never improve.

Still so sad that I missed out on a Tangled pin. But pleased I did get refunded for it.

Got my Tink pins delivered on Friday (well, they went back to the HDNL depot because they needed a signature....um, no they didn't need a signature - this annoyed me). My pins were packed in a bubble wrap pouch inside the bubble envelope - much better than with previous purchases where the pins were left loose to chink around against each other much more.

Don't want to sound negative but that sounds about right.....It does not matter what anyone says..they don't care, the people at the UK Disney store don't get pin trading and never will. Until a proper Disney person is in charge of the pin trading element it will never improve.

I know they don't care. But I worked customer service before, and it does make a customer feel a freaking lot better if you at least pretend. The woman I spoke to made no such effort whatsoever.
For example when I told her that no, I have not got an e-mail the proper response would have been: "I am sorry you got missed, everyone should have got one." and not a snappy: "Well you should have got one!"

I was caught in the Alice train drama back then with US DS.com as well and they at least offered gift cards to people affected, they didn't do refunds without any comments!

I know they don't care. But I worked customer service before, and it does make a customer feel a freaking lot better if you at least pretend. The woman I spoke to made no such effort whatsoever.
For example when I told her that no, I have not got an e-mail the proper response would have been: "I am sorry you got missed, everyone should have got one." and not a snappy: "Well you should have got one!"

I was caught in the Alice train drama back then with US DS.com as well and they at least offered gift cards to people affected, they didn't do refunds without any comments!

I'm not sure about the UK Disney store, but when I went through some trouble with DS.com here in the states I too ended up with zero help over the phone. Finally when I decided to send an email, within a day or two the problem was resolved, plus a full refund for all the problems I had gone through. I remember a few other members here say that apparently emails will travel higher up in the chain then phone calls and usually get resolved much quicker with a much more positive outcome.

seems alot of hassle for these pins recently hope its all ok for next release.

I saw on facebook they said I would get free shipping to ireland (my complaining actually paid off for once lol) so I could be tempted to order something lol

I am actually disappointed that it takes over 1 week for Disney UK to send pins to us who are in the UK. What exactly are they doing?!

I ordered 4 pins from Disney USA and they arrived in 2 days. It puts our postal system/Disney Uk to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back