• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UPDATED! My Mulan Pin Collection Shadowbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED! My Mulan Pin Collection Shadowbox

AgentR

Secret Agent, OWCA
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
UPDATE 8/4/14:

Hey DPF Family!

I wanted to make an update post on this! Since last year, my Mulan collection has grown to not one, but two shadowboxes! Both boxes have Mulan's dresses in the background (fabric chosen by me, hand-sewn with the help of my awesome Mom).

Here is Mulan with the pink dress:

mulanshadowboxpic2_zps6c39aa8d.jpg

Mulan in the Framed set (with a part of my World of Color Collection):

mulanshadowboxpic4_zpse201d393.jpg

Mulan in Green Dress:

mulanshadowboxpic3_zps483d1bb6.jpg

My Mulan Collections together, with a glimpse of my Agent P Collection, Cinderella Pin Board (Fabric chosen by me, and made by me), and Belle Pin Board (Fabric chosen by me, and made by me):

mulanshadowboxpic_zpsba70b744.jpg

I am very proud of my collection, and I am extremely grateful to everyone who has helped me with my collection. Pin trading has introduced me to so many wonderful people who I can call my friends. I hope my collection inspires you all to keep on collecting, trading, and making new friends. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

After collecting all of the Agent P pins thus far, I decided to collect someone else. Another secret agent in a sense... Mulan!!! Haha. I found her pins to look so beautiful and amazing. I don't collect other characters from her movie, but specifically pins with Mulan in it. One day, I decided to buy a shadowbox and to make the background look like her kimono. After having many of the fabric at JoAnn's fall on my head, I was able to find fabric that looks like her dress.

Here is the Mulan's Dress Board:
mulanshadowbox2_zps1e69d788.jpg

Here it is with my collection so far! 5/25/13:

mulanshadow_zpsfac38b26.jpg

A close-up of the top half:

mulanshadow3_zps23c66eb2.jpg

And a close-up of the bottom half:

mulanshadowbox4_zps674d6555.jpg

I am extremely proud of my Mulan Collection, and I am definitely wanting to collect the rest! So if there is anyone who will trade with me or sell me Mulan pins that I don't have, let me know! :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited:
So jealous of your collection! It looks amazing in the shadowbox, and the background is perfect!

That's a really nice display. Good luck with your collection! I was thinking of trying one of my daughters dresses into a frame but put it off as usual. Now I know how it would have looked.
I think it's great how you hunted down all the fabric and laid it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back