WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by watzshakinbacon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. firecracker

firecracker Lurking Since '14

0   0   0

Even though I didn't get a Best in Show package I still liked the queue system. I wish they could somehow tie it to your Disney account though to help with people opening it on multiple devices. One spot per account or something. I suppose someone could sign up for multiple accounts but at least it would take some effort to do so.

MerlinEmrys and blueberriess like this.
  2. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    544   0   0

If anyone is looking for a sponsor, please PM me. I have a friend who is devastated she missed the tickets. :(

chubs191 likes this.
  3. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

well 1160 is a crappy random number, I GRUMPILY SAY :eek:

watzshakinbacon and MerlinEmrys like this.
  4. blueberriess

blueberriess Member

0   0   0

I really like the queue system too! I never experienced what it was like before but I've been able to experience queues from other companies and sites and this was very smooth compared to others. And no crashes!

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  5. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

That will never happen. We're talking about Di$ney! One year when I went to the breakfast, I had asked how many tickets they sold because it was super crowded. They refused to tell me.

6. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Me either. This is insane!

7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    544   0   0

I thiiiiink the capacity for Showcase is 800?? I seem to remember that number from last year for something...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8. nateeter

nateeter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I assumed it was 1,200 tickets since the logo pin is 1,200. And the gift pin/sets were 1,250... I assumed perhaps 50 extra for cast members/voluntears. Of course that’s a LOT of unsubstantiated assumption on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcol, pilcrow and -em like this.
  9. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

The last few years it’s been 1,250 (ish) for capacity- and the breakfast used to be 500 ish (I say ish because I don’t know exact #s) so I’d assume approximately the same

10. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    544   0   0

Ah, that's a good point! The welcome pin from last year, which each person got one, was le 1250. So that's a good number to go by!

Solid sleuthing!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

bcol likes this.
  11. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Used to be 1100, so they must have increased it.

12. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    300   0   0

I remember LIAA was 1100, so a 150-person jump in a year. Hopefully they held that number for this year, too; 1100 was already overwhelming.

13. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Just got off the phone with Disney Events. Wait list for BIS is closed as it got too long. FF is still available for wait list if you didn't get in. They encourage you to get on the list as people are cancelling due to the whole family not getting in.

14. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thank you for doing this!! This gives me some hope.

blueberriess likes this.
  15. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

[​IMG]

Ajk likes this.
  16. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

This is so weird. So I guess I can't change my mind about going (which is probably a good thing). Are there that many teacher/student pin traders who never could go to the late Aug/early Sept dates that can go this year?

17. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

but 1160 is a super crappy number boo- I know I'm a sore loser :confused::mad:

18. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I think it’s fluctuated over the years-

Happiest (2005) was 1250

Where Dreams (2007) was 1400

Then PTU (2008) was 1500

Circus (2012) was 1000

Generation D (2015) was 1100

Animation (2018) was 1250

19. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

How can people cancel if it's non-refundable? I am curious as I want some spots to open.

blueberriess likes this.
  20. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

They said they will honor it for a good reason as they want to keep people happy. I asked the same question.

slbrabham likes this.
  21. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I read the FAQ and from what I understand, is only the Best in Show non-refundable? I didn’t see that explicitly stated for Furry Friends.

22. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

I thought I had read it on the doc they sent out, but can't remember. There was a check box stating that when you went to pay.

23. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I think it’s more a you can’t cancel if you don’t like your RSP or etc. I think the ‘rather unusual’ sell out rate did potentially splice family/friends so I could see them being flexible today since I don’t blame anyone.. I’d be in the same boat of having to beg/cancel if we both didn’t get in..

krand1276 and MerlinEmrys like this.
  24. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

My sister registered me for Best in Show than had to go to class. When she came back 2 hrs later all sold out. To make it worse, the third member of our party also got a ticket. So my sister is out, looking in. Hope there are some cancellations and people on waitlist get a chance at tickets

25. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

I can't believe I actually got in on BIS. My daughter is going with me but she wouldn't go for "I'll meet you inside" so I ended up with two tickets! I went to the Post Office to mail a package to Vixyish and only one other person in there but had like 60 packages to mail with no pre-printed labels. She looked at me and told me to go first. As I pulled out of the lot into heavy traffic, a woman stopped to let me in. I'm usually the guy in the grocery who always gets in the checkout line that runs out of paper for receipts and then closes the line and goes on break. This is a very weird day. I'm getting some lottery tickets tonight!
    [​IMG]

Kerri780, suzanneb, timeerkat and 9 others like this.