• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)
Oh noooo, Dawny! If you lived in So Cal, I'd ask you to come over and use my scale. :-(

Oh well... You'll be with us in spirit at least, right? :hug:

I have bronchitis right now and I'm pretty sure I cracked a rib coughing last night. Had to do a breathing treatment as I had an asthama attack. I'm hurting right now, so until I am better, I will be watching & cheering everyone on.

Day 1 has been good!

Started with Cereal, then had a banana and an apple before work. Egg on toast when I got in and Jacket Potato for dinner. I'm just hoping I dont get dragged down by my chocolate box before I go to bed!

-Charlie

Way to go, Charlie! :bigthumb:

I'm not doing quite as good. So far today, I've eaten a big piece of banana nut bread and two cups of coffee with milk and sugar. Not sure yet what dinner will be. As long as I can resist the Girl Scout cookies, I think I'm doing okay. ;)

Meh .. I won't give up my wine & BBQ brisket we'll get for the Oscar party tonite. All diets start on Monday, everybody knows this :lol:

I went to weight watchers today. Have a birthday party to go to. Will make smart choices. And I made the cake and the cake pops so I am not tempted. I already know what they taste like, so I will go for the authentic Mexican food - carne asana and nopales salad.

I joined this too, I'm not positive how the groups work, but could we set up a dpf one?

We are getting a private group, so we are just waiting on the mods to set it up. Cicada confirmed this morning that it was definitely approved :) You will all hear from me as soon as I they contact me with details.

I have to deside my pin still and still face the scale.. :( this sucks because I lost 26LBS already since Jan 10th so I have a head start already oh well no bad eating for me before weigh in.

Anyone else having to fight back the munches tonight? I know this will get easier and I know I did well today, so I'm going to try to go to sleep really early so I don't eat anymore today. It's the snacks that get me, humph....

I went to weight watchers today. Have a birthday party to go to. Will make smart choices. And I made the cake and the cake pops so I am not tempted. I already know what they taste like, so I will go for the authentic Mexican food - carne asana and nopales salad.

I went today too! Every little step helps! It really is a sensible way to get the weight off. My problem is exercise (when I am not snacking too much). I am just going to need to move more.....

I went today too! Every little step helps! It really is a sensible way to get the weight off. My problem is exercise (when I am not snacking too much). I am just going to need to move more.....

I work out just fine. Boot camp, running, Bikram. I even run a fit club for 5/6 grade girls and do a yoga/craft class with little kids. For me, it is totally the food and not sleeping enough. Aargh

I'm juicing until Easter (that timetable is for another pool I'm in for $500). After that, I hope I don't take whatever freedom I get from being able to eat too far! I probably won't win this; but, hey, I've already lost 20 lbs-- so I'm not complaining! :)

Anyone else having to fight back the munches tonight? I know this will get easier and I know I did well today, so I'm going to try to go to sleep really early so I don't eat anymore today. It's the snacks that get me, humph....

Definitely! :/ What helps is healthy snacking in between meals. Most cravings come from your blood sugar dipping. When you eat regularly and get your body accustomed to a schedule, cravings become very easy to ignore :)

Last edited:
Just bought my "motivational goal tee" LOL! I found this beauty hiding in the stock room of the Disney outlet store I just started. My immediate reaction was "OMG! I NEED this shirt!!" It is a size L, I am currently a 3X/4X, and have never been a L in my adulthood. I look forward to wearing this gem around!! I decided to hang it above my bed in my room, so I could see it everyday and know that I will fit into it soon!!

33ACB1CC-EC42-434B-B03F-3B5E5259A7C5-3575-000004F3B28D9B6B.jpg

Day one went pretty well. Lots of fruit and veggies and not a lot of processed foods. I did take my kid to Chuckie Cheesie's and I ate a piece of pizza (just one piece and a huge salad with no dressing or cheese lol).

My biggest problem is drinking enough water. I know I need more. It's just finding the time to drink it and the going to the bathroom 20 times a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back