• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release
The "un-offical" line already has a list of everyone in line with their names to prevent "cutting", right?
DSF should ask for that paper- keep it, check everyone's ID's when they buy pins.. if your name is on that list you don't get your pins.
That way people who came when DSF requested...who followed the rules will get their pins.

:angel:

While it would be nice to see those that violate the rules have sort of negative action, in all honesty, the should have have any better chance or any worse chance at the pins than anyone else there at the time when the line forms. Everyone should be on equal grounds once the line starts.

lol I just realized that I have to say I'm shocked this release is getting so much attention o_O Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it costs to have your car parked in the lot for 3 days? The reason I ask is because those in line might actually be LOSING money by waiting in the line. If there isn't a surprise pin, this whole set by itself is going around $400 MAX (I've seen few cases of the whole set going for $400, most seem to be lower around $350) and the over-saturation of Ebay after these first come out will only make the prices go down. So if you factor that in and let's say the people in line want a set for themselves, do you think waiting outside for 3 days and having to pay for parking all 3 days is worth $350?

i would totally make out with anyone for these pins. xx
Now that's HOT. Would the pin supplier get to pick who you made out with or are you only open to making out with the giver of the pins? Need clarification we may need to start a pin fund, I can think of some pretty entertaining make-outs that could make it well worth the $$

Are there other conditions? Male/female? Human/Llama? Homed/un-homed? French/white guy style making out? Teeth in mouth mandatory/optional, what if they wear them as a necklace does it count? Is there a maximum time limit for said make out to last or can it be the three days that one may have waited in line and if so I will start a co-op right this second? Can we/they/I video tape the encounter? Youtube viral hit in the making "what a hot sexy Prince will do for pins" you heard it here first!

Virtual hetro-style (girl on boy) smooch for your scorching sexiness!

lol I just realized that I have to say I'm shocked this release is getting so much attention o_O Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it costs to have your car parked in the lot for 3 days? The reason I ask is because those in line might actually be LOSING money by waiting in the line. If there isn't a surprise pin, this whole set by itself is going around $400 MAX (I've seen few cases of the whole set going for $400, most seem to be lower around $350) and the over-saturation of Ebay after these first come out will only make the prices go down. So if you factor that in and let's say the people in line want a set for themselves, do you think waiting outside for 3 days and having to pay for parking all 3 days is worth $350?

It's only $10-$13 a day max. No one's losing money considering the presale prices. Even if they have to stay out there for a week.

The "un-offical" line already has a list of everyone in line with their names to prevent "cutting", right?
DSF should ask for that paper- keep it, check everyone's ID's when they buy pins.. if your name is on that list you don't get your pins.
That way people who came when DSF requested...who followed the rules will get their pins.

:angel:

ironic huh, those that ignore the lineup rules set up by dsf expect other people to follow all the other rules

Sorry that happened JohnJay but I have a feeling you will NOT be alone :( Considering I bet most of the presales already have to back out AFTER the buyer already paid, I can see Ebay having A LOT of hassle with this release not to mention many people like you who had a backup planned but in their cases, the person won't even be able to get the pins in the first place O_O

If you want to make it fair still, you could always just sell the WiR pins you were going to trade and if it was truly quite a fair deal, it should roughly equal close to $300 (give or take I'd say about $50 for the BT set on Ebay ^_^ After it releases you can nab one up from someone who has photos to prove that they have it :) Just an idea...

This is what will happen at DSF on Friday 4/12

Thought I'd lighten the mood before all hell breaks loose tomorrow :) Good luck to everyone and I hope this will all be over soon...

To any BATB fans in line. I have some signed BATB items I bought from a local shop that I am interested in trading for a BT set. I have an animation doll signed by Paige O'Hara with cert. 2 BATB wonderground prints signed by Paige with cert. and a Thomas Kinkade BATB print signed by Paige. Pm me if you are interested in trading.

I just want someone reporting live from dsf around 7 pm tomorrow on dpf chat. I'll make the popcorn! This should be better than WWE Smackdown!

And y'all need to check out the comments on dsf's facebook, waaaaaaay more entertaining! :anxious: :shock:

I stood in the "unofficial" line for Paramore signing. Line count: 15 or so. Hollywood security was there, so it's my best guess they were honoring the line. However, I learned later there was ANOTHER "unofficial" line somewhere else.. and Paramore went THERE instead. I hate when bands don't even post rules and you stand in the wrong line and get NOTHING. There were people lined up in MY line for like 8 hours.. Nothing. Something needs to be done about this. I may write on the Paramore facebook. FYI, I'm throwing away my Twilight Blu-ray now.. cannot stand this hobby anymore.

Sigh.. I bet a signed Paramore CD goes for like.. $25 bucks on ebay. I'm a collector people! Now I have to go buy this on ebay or those "Hollywood" stores..

i stood in the "unofficial" line for paramore signing. Line count: 15 or so. Hollywood security was there, so it's my best guess they were honoring the line. However, i learned later there was another "unofficial" line somewhere else.. And paramore went there instead. I hate when bands don't even post rules and you stand in the wrong line and get nothing. There were people lined up in my line for like 8 hours.. Nothing. Something needs to be done about this. I may write on the paramore facebook. Fyi, i'm throwing away my twilight blu-ray now.. Cannot stand this hobby anymore.

Sigh.. I bet a signed paramore cd goes for like.. $25 bucks on ebay. I'm a collector people! Now i have to go buy this on ebay or those "hollywood" stores..

lmao!!!

Deleted post, stated before. We will just have to wait and see.

I stood in the "unofficial" line for Paramore signing. Line count: 15 or so. Hollywood security was there, so it's my best guess they were honoring the line. However, I learned later there was ANOTHER "unofficial" line somewhere else.. and Paramore went THERE instead. I hate when bands don't even post rules and you stand in the wrong line and get NOTHING. There were people lined up in MY line for like 8 hours.. Nothing. Something needs to be done about this. I may write on the Paramore facebook. FYI, I'm throwing away my Twilight Blu-ray now.. cannot stand this hobby anymore.

Sigh.. I bet a signed Paramore CD goes for like.. $25 bucks on ebay. I'm a collector people! Now I have to go buy this on ebay or those "Hollywood" stores..

Where did you wait? I arrived at 7pm. When I walked into hot topic they told me where the line was. When I saw the line I thought there is no way they will get to all these people. I was 4th from the end and got to meet them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back