• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What to collect next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to collect next?

pauly88

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi all usually I can think of my next action but I've been thinking now that i have almost all of the frog pins and have been getting almost all of the Stitch and Big thunder mountain pins i could want was thinking on collecting someone else but what though? kinda lost here... who i should go after next? i know it's up to me but have any ideas?

*Note no alice mansion or NBC

Also has this ever happened to you too at some point?

I don't know if I can answer that for you, but perhaps asking yourself these questions may give you the inspiration you seek...

Do you want your next collection theme to be challenging or fairly easy?
Large collection or small?
How much time/money/traders are you willing to invest?
Is there a ride/attraction/land/movie/etc. you have a passion for (that is not yet included in your current collection)?

Well pauly I can see why you want to head on with someone new how about one of the other Princesses?
I don't know maybe Belle Cinderella etc would say star wars but notice there hard right now just my 2 cents,

Here are some themes I've always thought about collecting, but have my hands full already:

~Tiki Birds: They are so bright and cheery!

~Tea Cups (any character): This could be for just the tea cups attraction, or for any pins containing tea cups.

~Mickey Head Balloons: Colorful and fun; and each pin containing one is so different, so you don't get bored with all the same characters! (Here's a link to the PinPics group I made: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=5709)

~Pins containing pictures of pins, or referencing pin trading or pin collecting (like this one for example: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=77109 ) The catch with this theme is finding them on PinPics, to add to your wants.

I'm excited for you! Let us know what you choose!

PS: No, this hasn't happened to me yet.

Scrappers. We really need someone to get them off the pin market, you can be the guy to fix it! Be that guy!

:p

Maybe try something like Sorcerer Hats, Bottle Caps, or Trash Can / Recycle Bin pins. Some of these pins are easier to get, so you could get a quick start on the collection. :cool:

Well I was at that point. Had DA's, LE 10's and 25's, ect.

I'm selling most of my pins but finally got around to collect something that's different.

DSF LE <150
DSF Surprise Pins
Lotso
WDI Sorcerer Hats LE <150

Pick a theme but make sure it's obtainable and doesn't cost $$$?

Or if you haven't, there is always UP?

I just chose my first theme ever. I have been collecting for years but I just sort of collect things that I like. I decided on a Small World theme, not necessarily the dolls in the ride but the ride itself. One of my holy grails is Small Wold related so I though that would be a great place to start for me. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

Well, I wanted to suggest Haunted Mansion, but you said not to. How about Pirates? I have a POTC themed kitchen and have all my Pirate pins attached to one of those fishing nets you find in tiki stores. It makes a GREAT display! Sorry I don't have a working camera or I'd post a photo. My neighbor upstairs has one. I'll get him to help me.

How about a holiday you really like? Valentines Day, Christmas, Halloween? That way you can get several different characters..same theme.

Maybe pick an item or a hobby that you like. For a while, I collected pins with books or that were shaped like books (because I love to read), pins with bicycles (because I rode bikes for exercise), and pins with rockets (because my husbands builds model rockets). Other examples: trains, characters who are drawing or making art, cooking ....

Pauly-I'm in the EXACT same boat. Here's what we have collected:

Princess and the Frog for my two youngest: we have all but 2 pins and one of the two is next to impossible to find (the D23 frog)
Enchanted: my favorite movie...have all but 2-3
Retro pins: I just love retro anything, but I have small subsections of this collection I have focused on
My boys collect the jumbo vinylmation pins, one collects POC and the other collects NBC. They are not completists except on the jumbo ones which we are still working on
My oldest daughter collects Tink but her board is full and she is 12 so she is starting to get out of it :(

Because I am so close to completing current collections, here's some things I have been toying with: trying to get all the Princess and the Frog AP or PP pins? Thinking about possibly starting another movie collection although I don't know which one. I also collect one pin from every place we stay, eat or ride at WDW so I've thought finding better pins of those than what I currently have.

I would love suggestions too!

I've never been at a loss for what to collect because I like to collect pins based on my favorite movies, places, characters, rides, and hobbies. That's a pretty big list there so I know I will never be done collecting.

Perhaps you can turn to one of those categories for your next collection. Do you have a favorite hobby or sport? For example, if you like surfing, you can collect pins with surfing and surf boards in them.

I was just thinking of new, unique collections. How about Disney Dads, specifically the princesses fathers. There are some really cool Triton, King Stefan, and Maurice pins. Wish we got one of Tiana and her father or Rapunzel and her father too :(

hehe you should try for cup cakes / ice cream / mugs / fun food stuffs. Disney seems to do so many cute food related pins (like the new paris ice creams and the cup cakes of characters last year and the new ds.com breakfasts) It's something I have seriously considered adding to my wants because they are just so cute! Good luck choosing your new collection!

I'm going back into collecting......

The Girls A.K.A Princesses

Yes I once was collecting them but now my hunt starts again But just like stitch I will not collect all of the pins just most or it be too much. ha ha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back