• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would you trade a LE for rack/booster pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't trade LEs for rack pins, unless they're something really really hot (like that Frozen snowflake pin!) or really really old (insert old rack pin here) because if I really wanted a rack pin I would just buy it, as opposed to LEs where they are *usually* sold out more frequently and are more of a challenge to find. If I was to accept rack pins for an LE for some reason, it depends on the LE and rack pins but would probably be the equivalent second market value of the LE matched with however many rack pins fit into that value, also at secondary market value... and if I was too lazy to look up a bunch of rack pin secondary market costs, it would just be however much they cost in the stores to match the LE's value. Hopefully that didn't sound too sharkish or confusing :)

I think it really depends on the popularity of a pin.
PD70591-front.jpg
this one is worth a LE to my opinion
I do have some OE pins:
ie.
PD18542-front.jpg
and
PD24109-front.jpg
I think those are decent traders as there are more wants then traders.

Depends on the pin and how much I want/like it. Lately, I've been trading on gut feeling.

I traded for the Stitch pin Allie.Pin gave as an example above, and I traded my LE Pooh set for it. My Pooh set was probably worth a bit more than that but I just said "what the heck, I will do it" because I really wanted the Stitch pin. It wasn't an unfair trade though, I felt comfortable enough with it.

I would, however, only consider trading LE for rack/booster if they're not available in the parks anymore. If I can get a pin easily for much less money than my trader is worth, I will just buy it, because I'm more of a collector than a trader at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I just received a trade offer on Instagram but I don't think it was very fair. This thread helped me to make up my mind.

Depends how bad I want the rack pin, and how desirable the LE is. I have sent out TAs for rack pins, offering LEs, and had no luck... so an LE being an LE does not always equate value.

I've traded some LE pins for the Frozen rack pins from Disneyland Paris. I figure it's not like I can go pick them up myself and I won't have to purchase them that way.

Yes, depending on the pins... and I HAVE traded an LE for an OE. Being in Montana, if it's a pin I really want and I already have the LE? I love trading where everyone is happy. I have traded many times where the other person may have received the "better deal" monetarily, but I'm just as happy with the pin that I've been hunting for!

It seems that too many people are just plain 'ole greedy. Obviously, I'm not going to trade a pin I spent $50 on for an OE that I can have a friend pick up at the park for me, but for an old rack pin where few are trading and lots of people want it? If I want it enough??? You betcha! It's all about completing my collection, not making money....for me, at least!

I liked the "Go with your gut" idea of pin trading. If it makes you happy, then do it!

If the pin is the right Of course...i can remember i gave half of my body for a OE (rack) pin it was the footstool from Beauty and the Beast. Some OE´s are very very RAR.

There are many LE pins that are not worth anything. Conversely, there are many OE's that are worth a lot! Of course I would do the trade depending on the pin value to me. Some "booster" type pins are pretty good traders, frozen, tangled, etc. To me there is a lot to consider with LE only being part of the equation.

Depends. Some people think that having an LE means that they can only trade for an LE, no matter what. I had someone once refuse to trade me a LE 5000 for a pin I had that had 22 t/198 w, where as theirs had more trades than wants. They said theirs was more valuable because it was a LE, period. It gets frustrating sometimes lol. I think that is why we have the t/w system in place, to check this sort of thing out for fairness! :)

I guess I can be the first to say hellllz yes I'll take me some rack pins!

alot of my collecting is for my grandma, and to her,a pin is a pin. Like it doesn't really matter what the le size is. Now if my pin is a 40 - 50$ le, id still like a hand full of nice oes in exchange because for her its more if a quantity thing versus a le thing. I've done a few auctions for things where the all or / hm bids won over the one cash value matched le pin.

It depends is almost always the correct answer to any trade question.

The typical score card can involve comparing purchase price / pin rarity - difficulty to obtain / similar editions / wants/trades (difficulty to obtain). But my personal favorite is the I WANT IT factor. My Maleficent goons LE250 pin is a true treasure.... to someone. But given the difficulty in moving it, a reasonable open edition pin in terms of price would get a very favorable look. On the other extreme, my common Disney Store Maleficent dragon is a very much in demand pin - although was an open edition if I recall correctly. I've still not quite gotten the right offer to trade her, but I can pretty much have my pick of several trades featuring LE pins once I make up my mind.

Assuming it's not a rack pin that is still available on the racks, then probably yeah. If I have an LE I don't want and the opportunity of getting an OE I do want, then what I do want is more valuable to me than what I don't. But then I am one of those traders who value things by their worth to me and not really any economic criteria. It could be an LE 5 and if it all it does is sit in a drawer, then I would consider it worthless.

Yes and here is why. Unlike most post here that say it has to be a hard to get rack pin or if its not at the parks now and rare..... That is cool and all but has nothing to do with what I think of when I trade. For me its about if I like the pin or not. I don't care what a pin is worth. I know what I paid for my pins and if I like the rack pin and the LE pin Im trading has not cost me a bunch of money. I would trade. Some us are in this hobby to collect and or to make friends that share the love of Disney. We trade for fun and to add to our collection.

Its much more fun that way. I would hate to always be worried about what pin is worth more on evil bay and what pin is most rare. It could be a Gomez sprite pin and I still wouldn't know or care. Trading or collecting is for fun and Disney magic moments. Not a business transaction. IMO anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back