• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow did I screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow did I screw up

HiddenMickeys

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm so upset, I could just cry. I've just spent the last hour tearing the house apart looking for my Brave Celtic Knot pin. It's gone. I'm pretty sure it might have gotten thrown out when I went on a rare cleaning spree over the weekend. It came only recently and I hadn't put the pins in my pin book yet so it was probably still in the envelope. Can you believe it? I am so proud of my Brave collection, it's the only real collection I have and I had every pin. I was able to buy two at the time of the release and traded one, but my keeper is gone. This is what happens when you clean, you lose pins. Now until I get that pin again I can't call myself a Brave completist. So not happy about that.

Has this happened to anyone else? Have you ever lost pins?

OMGosh I'm so sorry this happen to you. This happened to me once but not with pins I was so angry at myself. Things like this happen..
Hopefully someone can help you obtain your pin.

P.S I like your avatar! :)

oh NOOOOOO. so you def threw out the envelope? oh man. some ideas i do to avoid that problem. I usually have pins and packing material all over my bedroom floor, but i use a cork square as i unpack pins, cause sometimes i dont put them in my books right away. I also log them in right away and save all packing/envelopes to recycle ....i know this doesnt help you NOW. :(
Maybe when you least expect it you will find it in a wierd place.:x:

Nikki I'm so sorry! My oldest has high functioning autism and loves to hold my pins and carry them around with him sometimes. My twins like to look in my display cases all the time and show their friends. And yes my kids have lost some of my favorite pins before and it was very hard not to completely freak out on them :( I mean I love the little pieces of metal LOL! Maybe it will turn up where you least expect it :) Big (((HUGS)))

Awww ohhh no! I really hopeu find it!! Maybe try not looking for it for a while - i know that is not easy but sometimes if u stop looking and take a break and then start looking again it then turns up. Also can u check the trash?

Ugh, I can't believe it! Still haven't found it.

Awww ohhh no! I really hopeu find it!! Maybe try not looking for it for a while - i know that is not easy but sometimes if u stop looking and take a break and then start looking again it then turns up. Also can u check the trash?

Unfortunately, trash from the weekend is already gone :( But yeah, I need to just stop looking for it for a little bit. It's not a huge deal, I can get another one on ebay for fairly cheap. I just can't believe I threw it out!! If it was in the envelope, as I think it was, it probably would have just looked and felt like an empty envelope but sheeesh! You'd think I would have at least checked or something. Ugh! I need to get some smarts. Anyone have any to give me? lol

Day 2 of I'm an idiot and tossed my Brave pin. It still hasn't turned up. Where could it be? Ugh! I need some more stories of misplaced/tossed pins to help me feel like a little less of a moron :(

Do you have pets ?? Especially cats ?? They love shiny, small stuff that they can toss around with their paws.

I went 2 days looking for a Nurse Minnie pin that I left on my dresser. It is not as valuable as your Brave pin, but still ... an older pin that is about $30 give or take.

Finally, I found it under our TV stand. My daughter's cat hides everything he can get his paws on :lol: I really lost sleep over it and just like you, I thought that I tossed it while cleaning or after sorting my mail. It was 4am in the morning when I got up and found it.

I know how frustrating that can be! I think you should stop looking for it and say to yourself, if it's gone, it's gone - there's nothing that can be done about it. But if it is still in your house, it will find a way to reveal itself to you, and what a happy day that will be! Don't beat yourself up too badly!

Do you have pets ?? Especially cats ?? They love shiny, small stuff that they can toss around with their paws.

I went 2 days looking for a Nurse Minnie pin that I left on my dresser. It is not as valuable as your Brave pin, but still ... an older pin that is about $30 give or take.

Finally, I found it under our TV stand. My daughter's cat hides everything he can get his paws on :lol: I really lost sleep over it and just like you, I thought that I tossed it while cleaning or after sorting my mail. It was 4am in the morning when I got up and found it.

Yes!!!!! I have two, and one especially mischievous Siamese who likes to jump on top of my dresser where I keep new pins sometimes before I put them in the book!!!!!! Oh, Merryweather, you just gave me an idea of where it could be!!! Gotta go check!!!

Yes!!!!! I have two, and one especially mischievous Siamese who likes to jump on top of my dresser where I keep new pins sometimes before I put them in the book!!!!!! Oh, Merryweather, you just gave me an idea of where it could be!!! Gotta go check!!!

Siamese are mischief :lol: I have one of those too, but he is old now. When he was younger he used to hide everything he could grab. How many times did I find my contact case under the dresser, bed etc. My daughter's cat also likes to hide things under area rugs You are walking and al of a sudden you feel a little bump under your feet.

Best of luck, I hope you'll find your pin.

Last edited:
Awwww, thanks. I'm not too worried about replacing it. It seems to be fairly cheap on the bay. I just can't believe I lost one, and a Brave pin at that. Why did that have to be the one to get lost in the shuffle? Why couldn't it have been my bowling pin hidden mickey or something! Ugh!

Oh, you lost the "knot". For whatever reason, I thought you lost the "braid"

My braid came in the mail today :) Smaller than I expected and cheap looking.

I am so sorry to hear this. You must be devastated. I really hope that you have put it in a safe place and that you will find it real soon. FIngers crossed for you, if its meant to be, its meant to be. I hope it is still in your house. Sending pin wishes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back