• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU FOR THE LINK. I still don't see her on the page no matter how many times I've Shift+F5'ed it. I got her :)

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK. I still don't see her on the page no matter how many times I've Shift+F5'ed it. I got her :)
I know right?! Mine is always the last to update, and no surprise, it hasn't updated yet. If I didn't have link fairies, I dunno how many dolls I'd miss out on. Congrats on getting her!

Congrats on everyone who's able to get her! :) Looks like the attentions are all on Sleeping Beauties so maybe releasing Cinderella on this night was actually a good choice.

Blue sleeping beauty is already sold out. I think it was under 15 minutes. None of the 4 dolls launching tonight are showing up for me by just refreshing. Bless all the link fairies and good night!

Is taking off the plastic case considered deboxing? I want to remove it so I can look at the set better and wipe away a piece of lint. I have NO idea how to take the plastic case off without damaging anything! Help please? :)

While I'm a newer collector, I would say yes. That's because in many cases I can tell if the case has been removed. Sometimes I messes up the back board, it doesn't fit in the tabs, and/or the case is loose on a side. For some people that isn't an issue, but if you needed to resale you should make that known.

Thats just my opinion.

Is taking off the plastic case considered deboxing? I want to remove it so I can look at the set better and wipe away a piece of lint. I have NO idea how to take the plastic case off without damaging anything! Help please? :)
I wouldn't consider it deboxing personally, if you don't rearrange the dolls or mess with any of the set-up.
There's no proof that you took it off - where's with actual deboxing you remove the dolls from the packing, which is visible later on. Just be careful with the cardboard.
I have taken my Ariel and Eric's case off, because it's head was facing in a strange direction.

There's guides how to open the box on the internet.
Here's a video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpYhP69hpMk

Last edited:
I went to large Disney store in my area on Saturday and I was the only person who asked about the fairy tale dolls and the lady said I was the only person to do so about Pocahontas, so no interest at all...
My confirmation of order has come through now so I'm pleased :)

That's kind of sad... But that's better than being #7 or something and the store only has 6.

I am still waiting for my Pocahontas to arrive, but the order status is already "closed" since yesterday. That's making me nervous.

That's kind of sad... But that's better than being #7 or something and the store only has 6.

I am still waiting for my Pocahontas to arrive, but the order status is already "closed" since yesterday. That's making me nervous.

Even sadder at my local Disney Store as a few cast members didn't know anything about the Fairy tale dolls so I had to speak to the manger... I think the Birmingham store had about 8 Poca and 8 Tiana at a guess behind the tills, so they were positioned so everyone can see but I'm shocked that none of the cast members mentioned them when serving. They only gestured towards the Frozen shopping bags which everyone seemed to buy.
Really? I wonder what it means by "closed"?!

Cinderella has been sold out so quickly on the DS.fr, she didn't last a full morning !
Even Ariel and Belle didn't do so well.
I get her to the Champs-Elysées DisneyStore yesterday, with the two LE of Sleeping Beauty I could afford.
I just love her, she is magical. And Henry is very good-looking too !
P1090815_zpsab3e990d.jpg

Sadky, the weather is so grey I can't do the pictures I want to >_<
Here is a litlle preview of the few I made :
P1090804_zps8f2db2f4.jpg

Look at this dress ♥♥ So long, so beautiful ♥♥

P1090810_zps49638d6c.jpg

I like Henri too ♥
You can see the others photos on my flickr (mostly, Cinderella's) : https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648515183802/

Cinderella has been sold out so quickly on the DS.fr, she didn't last a full morning !
Even Ariel and Belle didn't do so well.
I get her to the Champs-Elysées DisneyStore yesterday, with the two LE of Sleeping Beauty I could afford.
I just love her, she is magical. And Henry is very good-looking too !
P1090815_zpsab3e990d.jpg

Sadky, the weather is so grey I can't do the pictures I want to >_<
Here is a litlle preview of the few I made :
P1090804_zps8f2db2f4.jpg

Look at this dress ♥♥ So long, so beautiful ♥♥

P1090810_zps49638d6c.jpg

I like Henri too ♥
You can see the others photos on my flickr (mostly, Cinderella's) : https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157648515183802/

I looked at your flickr and I must say, your photos are beautiful! Much more beautiful then the promo photos. They make me want to collect the other dolls as well!
After seeing your Pocahontas photos, I'm even more excited on seeing mine when she arrives so thank you :) and congrats on the dolls, and good luck with any others you wish to collect :)

Well, we all knew that Cinderella would be the most popular of the set.
I'll be interesting to see how Aurora fares.

These Cinderella pics are just AWESOME! Now i can't wait to see her in person! Sooo happy that i bought her. :) Thank you for sharing them, they went all just perfect!
I really really love her dress, by far the best Cinderella doll ever!

Thank you for the pictures; she is gorgeous. The front of her dress is just as amazing as the back. It is a shame that the stock photos did not show it. Congrats to everyone getting the dolls they want. I really hope my dolls make their way back to me in good condition. Fingers crossed...

LOL, your pics make her look even nicer than she does in person! I really like the way they made Charming. He looks more exotic than he does in the movie, almost Asian. It contrasts her looks nicely. Your Cinderella has such great hair.

Here's a low-quality pic of mine with her jacked curl that I plan to fix soon.

And while I'm talking about fix-ups, here's what I did to my Tiana's belt. I didn't realize when I did it that she was originally intended to have gems, but I saw the perfect holes to put them in, so I did.

And while I'm talking about fix-ups, here's what I did to my Tiana's belt. I didn't realize when I did it that she was originally intended to have gems, but I saw the perfect holes to put them in, so I did.

Oh yea that straight curl looks like she slept on it.lol

Great job filling in the rhinestones though! They look like they were there from the start! (I mean they really should have..)

Oh yea that straight curl looks like she slept on it.lol

Haha, and it actually looks so much worse in person. Before I posted the pic I was like, Um, this doesn't look so bad, so now I'm going to sound like a bellyacher. But the truth is I still love her and am glad my friend's name was called (second last!), but she'll be nicer when I fix her bedhead--you're right, that's exactly how it looks.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone did this! It looks fantastic and the gem color you chose is exactly what I had been imagining in my head of what she was supposed to look like originally. Great job!

I’m not really into dolls, but a friend here got me a little hooked. Anyway, I got the five dolls last year and wasn’t going to get more. But Husband said he wanted the “classic princesses†(and Ariel last year, cause he likes her), so we “needed†Cindy and Briar Rose this year.

Yesterday he dropped me off at the mall. There were LE dolls I hadn’t heard of--that my friend didn’t tell me about because I said I didn’t want to get into dolls--so no blame on her at all. Anyway, the cast was handing out cards for Prince Phillip, Aurora, and Maleficent (which I’m sure you all know). I was #9. There were 9 of each--but a Prince Philip was damaged, so I missed out on him but got the other two.

Then there were only 6 Cindy/Charming dolls and about 20-24 people! Missed out. I’m OCD enough that I wanted to complete that set.

But I stayed up last night til midnight and managed to get Philip AND Cindy/Charming ordered!!!

Yay!!!

Uh...I spent a lot of money. Yikes!

eta: maybe this is the wrong thread? I’ll post it in the other.

Last edited:
LOL, your pics make her look even nicer than she does in person! I really like the way they made Charming. He looks more exotic than he does in the movie, almost Asian. It contrasts her looks nicely. Your Cinderella has such great hair.

Here's a low-quality pic of mine with her jacked curl that I plan to fix soon.

No, my pictures don't sublimate my Cinderella, she is more stunning in person.
So sad, the hair of your Cinderella but I am sure it can be fixed.
I love what you did on Tiana's belt ! It is perfect !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back