• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
Ok, thank you for the explanation ! You teach me something new ^^
The number on the receipt is 411049455278 (and yes, it is the same reference number on the french site ! #411049455278)

Thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot!

The item number on the receipt helps people who missed out in store get it online. For example Tiana number on the receipt was 460708035375. The number is a direct link to the doll when they appear online. It is just a quick way of purchasing the doll without having to search multiple ways on the disney store website.

I never knew that either! Is that how some people are able to find them online so early?

I love the pictures!!

I was the last one called at my store today - so nerve wracking! Thankfully even though I got the last set they look very nice, but there's an eyelash out of place on Mulan that I might remove once I've opened my set.

So Briar Rose is out next week Really don't no if to get her! After the sleeping beauty dolls I should be saving + space is a issue. But seeing as I have the 17inch sleeping beauty dolls and the 2 previous sleeping beauty designer dolls, kinda figured I should try for Briar Rose too. As anyone got any pictures other than the promos of the set?

I never knew that either! Is that how some people are able to find them online so early?

Yes, that is how I was able to help out with the Sleeping Beauty LE Blue Aurora Doll. I purchased her in store and then shared her link when it became available online.

I impulsively bought Cinderella and Prince Charming when getting the 17" Sleeping Beauty set. I didn't plan on getting her at all, but there's just something about her dress and facial expression that I fell absolutely in love with. As much as I'd love to get Mulan and Shang too - her dress and the details are gorgeous, I'm having to save my money for my originally intended Briar Rose and Phillip! Who knows? If Mulan and Shang doesn't sell out by my birthday, maybe I can cheekily persuade someone like my boyfriend to buy them for me as a gift.

So for those of you who go in store I need help/tips/advice.... Should I go before my store opens for aurora and phillip?... Tiana and Pocahontas were still available 6-7 of each behind the counter when I went for blue aurora... But aurora and phillip was the most wanted couple besides cinderella... So I don't want to second guess crowds...

how does it work? I know they do a raffle but should I go early? Or if the raffle starts at 1pm should I go then?...

So for those of you who go in store I need help/tips/advice.... Should I go before my store opens for aurora and phillip?... Tiana and Pocahontas were still available 6-7 of each behind the counter when I went for blue aurora... But aurora and phillip was the most wanted couple besides cinderella... So I don't want to second guess crowds...

how does it work? I know they do a raffle but should I go early? Or if the raffle starts at 1pm should I go then?...

The store I go stops entries at 1:00pm so you definitely want to be there before then... They start to call names at about 1:10 not sure if all stores are like this.

You have between 12:00 and 1:00 pm to put your name in. There is so sense in showing up early or before the store opens. As long as your name is in before 1 your good to go. My suggestion is to not go early because the anticipation is too much. And you start to see how many people really are putting their name in and it makes it so much worse. That's just my opinion because I get severe anxiety when it comes to these things haha!

After seeing The Mulan.. She's definitely my least favorite of this set.
1. Shang looks so bland. It's like they just gave the classic doll a leathery armor instead of a metal one.
2. Mulan's hair.. Yeesh! It's pretty bad! She also looks weird.... >__<

I guess Cinderella sold out so fast because many people were frustrated because of the 17'' LE Doll release and they couldn't grab their beloved ones so they decided to buy Cinderella instead. I have no other explanation because Pocahontas and Mulan are SO beautiful in my opinion...

I already said it, but your photos are gorgeous. At first, i thought Mulan is a beautiful doll. Now she is perfect. Thank you.

I agree! I've seen so many people's posts on instagram about how they couldn't get the 17" LE doll so they just decided to get Cinderella instead. As beautiful as the pictures of Mulan are, I'm a little underwhelmed by how she looks which is a shame because Mulan is one of my favourite characters. She doesn't seem to capture "Mulan" in my opinion. She might look better in person but I think they should have gone with the short hair and the outfit she has on towards the end of the film instead of the matchmaker dress. I think they did a better job capturing Li Shang but again, that's just my opinion :)

In my opinion Mulan is actually one of my favorites from this set. It was refreshing to see a Mulan done well. I LOVE that they actually gave the dress layers and made it a mermaid style dress. And I love the long chiffon sleeves. It really does the original dress some justice. Same thing with Pocahontas, it is also one of my favorites because we have yet to see a Pocahontas with amazing detail. To me they are the most movie accurate from all the dolls.

In my opinion Mulan is actually one of my favorites from this set. It was refreshing to see a Mulan done well. I LOVE that they actually gave the dress layers and mermaid style dress. And I love the long chiffon sleeves. It really does the original dress some justice. Same thing with Pocahontas, it is also one of my favorites because we have yet to see a Pocahontas with amazing detail. To me they are the most movie accurate from all the dolls.

Don't get me wrong, she's the best Mulan doll I've seen by far. Just in my opinion, it would have been nice to see her in the dress she wore towards the end of the film with short hair. Although I don't plan on buying her and haven't brought any others from the collection, I'm just glad to see Mulan in the set. I agree with you about Pocahontas. I think they've done a wonderful job with her :)

Getting even more concerned about the pre-orders now, especially after the disaster of the Pink Auroras getting lost while being shipped overseas and Disney giving out replacements that they didn't have to make up for the orders. I'm literally checking my order status twice a day, just to make sure something doesn't go wrong again (as Disney all ready has a track record of shipping these sets out wrong).

Getting even more concerned about the pre-orders now, especially after the disaster of the Pink Auroras getting lost while being shipped overseas and Disney giving out replacements that they didn't have to make up for the orders. I'm literally checking my order status twice a day, just to make sure something doesn't go wrong again (as Disney all ready has a track record of shipping these sets out wrong).

I am the same. After everything that has happened lately -- especially how they messed up and sent out some preorders early, I am very concerned about my pre-order as well. I keep wondering if I should order the couples that are still online or at least maybe try to get Aurora next week in case something happens, but I can't really afford to pay for these dolls twice because Disney can't get its act together. I am just going to be devastated if something happens to my dolls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back