• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
I'll post a picture here for people who aren't on the 17" doll thread much.

11017873_858125167611291_5335493189481547290_n.jpg

Her outfit is absolutely gorgeous, but her skin looks TERRIBLE. She looks like she is covered in body oil. What is up with Disney's obsession with dolls having shiny skin? Granted, it tends to look a lot better in person, but it just looks so off in all of the promotional images.

I hope it's bad lighting because that color is vile. It needs to be AQUA not Teal green

Or purple. Or red. But no green. I'd expect this for say, the Jungle Book, but not Aladdin

I'm not sold on the colour of her outfit, it seems a bit dark. These always look better in person though.

I wish we had a disney store in montreal, or in albany ny (both places where i live). stuck to online shopping. I feel your pain Luna_Ray

Yeah the Ottawa stores closed quite a while ago :/ unfortunately my only options are to buy online and ship to Canada or to buy from a Canadian reseller.

Now about the doll... not crazy about the shiny skin but I really like her otherwise!

I was underwhelmed by this to be honest. The color should of been a little lighter but I can get past that. I oily skin is even more noticeable since she has darker skin. Im not sure if Im getting her yet. I think they did a better job with the DFDC version.

Has the website updated with anything? I can't seem to get mine to update. I figured we would see the plushes and dolls that have started showing up in stores go for sale online today.

Has the website updated with anything? I can't seem to get mine to update. I figured we would see the plushes and dolls that have started showing up in stores go for sale online today.
my disneystore said the update would be on the 7th. Maybe tomorrow?

Yes it Did!!!

You have to go to pages 3 or 4...
ANimator's Aladdin is up!

A bunch of Aladdin merch went up, including the plushes!

Honestly... This release was pretty lacking, even compared to 101 Dalmatians. I mean, this is a fall diamond edition during a D23 year... WHat's going on Disney? Hopefully they're releasing other merchandise.

Last edited:
I think the reason why I don't like this aladdin is because the grin didn't translate well. It may have looked good on concept, but it just comes off creepy on the doll, we just need teeth, not everything else. Also, most, if not all, of the animator's look like they're sad and here's aladdin with a big massive grin. it just doesn't match.

my disneystore said the update would be on the 7th. Maybe tomorrow?

If it hadn't been today, then it probably would have been tomorrow. I just figured that it wouldn't be too much longer till we started seeing stuff.

Yes it Did!!!

You have to go to pages 3 or 4...
ANimator's Aladdin is up!

A bunch of Aladdin merch went up, including the plushes!

Honestly... This release was pretty lacking, even compared to 101 Dalmatians. I mean, this is a fall diamond edition during a D23 year... WHat's going on Disney? Hopefully they're releasing other merchandise.

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE what we have so far, but I don't think this is all we are getting. I think they release at least two or three waves of merch for every diamond edition release. As for the animator doll, I will probably check him out in person before I decide to get him. He just looks so creepy when looking at him straight on, but maybe it wont be as bad in person. Oh, and I NEED that Genie plush (and the Jasmine singing doll's accessories lol)!

Now I just need to decide if I should get stuff now and pay for shipping, or wait until I go to pre-order Jasmine and get it all then without having to pay for shipping.

I need the Jafar and Aladdin plush. I like the Aladdin animator doll but I don't love him. I will probably get him eventually because I have been wanting an Al animator for a while now. I hope they release a shirt for guys with Aladdin and/or Jafar on it. I feel like girls always get the best clothing when it comes to Disney haha. I would totally rock an Aladdin shirt. He is definitely their most popular male lead, maybe after Peter Pan. So hopefully they release some!

I also would love a singing Aladdin doll but I doubt that will happen.

A few reliable sources have "confirmed" that there will be a slave jasmine doll released for the D23 expo. I am not gonna believe anything until we actually get an official announcement or we see her in the D23 merchandise preview that we usually get in early August, but those who want her to be a thing can get a little more excited now! I personally don't want a doll of Jasmine in the slave outfit, but I know a lot of other people do so I hope she exists simply for those who do want her.

nNnNnnnooOooOOOOooo!
my fear has come true... I was hoping d23 exclusive was just a rumor... Will they release a non-d23 red outfit or no? Part of me is hoping it's ugly so I don't want it lol... Seriously doubt it will be ugly though. /sobs

The D23 option should be available at the event, online, and at Harrods in the UK.
I don't understand why they wouldn't release her as an online exclusive. Also, it kinda sucks because you'd have to wait in lines for so long, so you're essentially spending a day's worth of tickets by waiting outside to buy a $120 doll. Kinda sucks, but that's disney for you.

If it was just the same exact jasmine but with red instead of teal, I would be ok. So let's hope it's that.

The D23 option should be available at the event, online, and at Harrods in the UK.
I don't understand why they wouldn't release her as an online exclusive. Also, it kinda sucks because you'd have to wait in lines for so long, so you're essentially spending a day's worth of tickets by waiting outside to buy a $120 doll. Kinda sucks, but that's disney for you.

If it was just the same exact jasmine but with red instead of teal, I would be ok. So let's hope it's that.

You would think that they would at least have a small amount of her for sale on the Disney Store website. People have been wanting a doll of her in that outfit ever since the concept of variant dolls became a thing. Making her exclusive to people who go to the convention seems like it would only alienate people. I mean, they have an entire section dedicated to exclusive merchandise for D23 members on the website, but its so bare bones and empty. Putting select and certain amounts of convention merch in that section of the website would only give Disney more money seeing people who can't afford to go to the expo would have the chance to buy some things, but Disney doesn't seem to show much interest in that idea. Either way, I just hope that people who want the slave/red dress Jasmine doll have the opportunity to get her one way or another if she is actually real.

Making her exclusive to people who go to the convention seems like it would only alienate people.

It seems like this is the entire point of Disney merchandise really :rofl: Not a day goes by when some product becomes impossible for some person to get hold of.

Look forward to seeing pics, if it's a genuine rumour.

Ok, so getting this doll is going to be super hard. I'm assuming it's like LE600. And since Disney is serious about the one limit per guest, I'd say it's near impossible for anyone not going to own this doll.

Also, Disney's main line of thought is: "Haha. You wanted this doll so much, but you don't want to come to the convention we created for you. Ha. Better luck next time. Maybe you should attend the next expo."

And yeah... Disney has nothing to worry about, because as a company, they don't care about you, they care about selling their items. So as long as they sell out, they're happy!

Ok, so getting this doll is going to be super hard. I'm assuming it's like LE600. And since Disney is serious about the one limit per guest, I'd say it's near impossible for anyone not going to own this doll.

Also, Disney's main line of thought is: "Haha. You wanted this doll so much, but you don't want to come to the convention we created for you. Ha. Better luck next time. Maybe you should attend the next expo."

And yeah... Disney has nothing to worry about, because as a company, they don't care about you, they care about selling their items. So as long as they sell out, they're happy!

You should add "attend our expo and pay $2,000 for a sorcerers ticket so you can actually have a chance to buy our exclusive merchandise." Regular expo attendees are only going to have a slim chance to buy any LE doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back