• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Park Princess Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell Unboxed

Thanks for liking my photos. I try my best. I really like this Tinker Bell too. Disney Parks did a really excellent job on her face and her outfit. You may not be able to make it out in the photo (since it was taken through the plastic box), but she has nice looking (and sexy) white mesh stockings or tights. I will debox her soon, and post some more detailed photos.
Here's some photos of the Disney Parks Tinker Bell partially and fully unboxed. Click on any photo or link to see more and larger photos of her. First some remarks on this doll and a comparison to the Disney Stores version.
The Disney Parks Collection 11'' Tinker Bell doll. This doll is the current model sold exclusively at the Disney Resorts. She sells for $17.95, versus $12.50 for the Disney Store 10'' Tinker Bell. However, the price is justified since the Disney Parks doll has better packaging, a prettier and more detailed face, a much better outfit, more beautiful wings, white mesh full leg stockings/tights, and shoes that enable her to stand up stably on her own on a hard flat surface. She is actually 10.5'' tall (Disney seems to make a habit of inflating the size of their dolls in their promotional writing) and the Disney Store doll is 9.5'' tall (to her heels) and 10'' tall to her toes (she is pointing her toes, even though she is not wearing high heels), so the Disney Parks doll is only 1/2'' taller. But the Disney Parks Tink has much larger feet and shoes, and thicker arms and legs. She does not have jointed elbows, wrists or knees, unlike the Disney Store Tink. A more detailed list of the Disney Parks Tinker Bell's features, compared to those of the Disney Store Tinker Bell.

• Her wings are silvery blue glitter glued to thin clear plastic. I like this color much better than the green wings of the Disney Store's Tink.
  • Her wings are attached to the back of her dress, as opposed to the gimmicky "flutter" wings attached to the back of the body of the Disney Store's Tink.
  • She has a blue ribbon in her hair, below her bun. The DS Tink has only a hidden clear rubber band under her bun.
  • Her eyes are deep blue with details in the iris, seven painted eyelashes on each eye, and glitter eyeshadow. The DS Tink has light blue eyes, hint of blue eyeshadow, and a couple of eyelashes on each eye.
  • Her nose is smaller and sharper. Her lips are a deeper shade of pink. Her cheeks are rosier. Her chin is smaller and face more angular.
  • The overall appearance of her face is more mature, more colorful, more exotic and more beautiful. It also like an insect, reminding me of Regina the Queen Bee who changed into human form in the Outer Limits episode "ZZZZZ".
  • Her legs are 1'' longer and much thicker, covered by white mesh stockings.
  • Her feet are much larger (1.5'' vs 1'') and flat rather than pointed. Her shoes are likewise flat, and fit snuggly, so there is no need to retain the rubber bands that are used to hold the shoes in place during shipping.
  • The pom-poms on her shoes are twice as large as on the DS Tink.
  • She can stand on her own with her shoes on. The lack of knee joints makes her legs sturdier and more stable when standing.
  • Her dress is of much better materials and design. The top is light green satin. Her skirt is made up five thick textured dark green leaves that hold their shape and position. On the leaves is lots of gold glitter, or rather Pixie dust. Underneath are two layers of transparent shimmering green thin flexible gauze like material. The DS Tink has stiff material in her top and skirt, with gold glitter. The leaves of the skirt keep popping up after she has been sitting for a while. She has a single pleated tulle underskirt.
  • The glitter from her dress and wings does shed, and stick to her stockings, but the glittery stockings seem to enhance the appearance of her legs. The DS Tink's glitter stick to her rubbery legs, and look like freckles rather than Pixie dust.

Deboxing My Disney Parks Collection 11'' Tinker Bell Doll - On Cardboard Backing - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Deboxing My Disney Parks Collection 11'' Tinker Bell Doll - On Cardboard Backing - Closeup View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell Unboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell Unboxed - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell Unboxed - Closer Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell's Feet and Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr

Wow! There is no question that Disney Parks Tinkerbell is the more "deluxe" version when you see her next to the TDS version. The fabric materials and the details of her dress are excellent, and I like that she can stand on her own 2 feet without assistance. None of the faries from Pixie Hollow were heels (not even Rosetta), so there is no need for the angled doll feet made for high-heels. On a similar vein, it's nice to see that her legs also look more proportionate to her body than standard doll legs tend to do. Aesthetically, I personally would have liked to see Disney Parks Tinkerbell with green sparkly wings, but the blue provides a very good contrast and is more in-line with the actual character design (where Tinkerbell's wings are gossamer/translucent white). Great photos, as usual, DRJ1828!

Wow! There is no question that Disney Parks Tinkerbell is the more "deluxe" version when you see her next to the TDS version. The fabric materials and the details of her dress are excellent, and I like that she can stand on her own 2 feet without assistance. None of the faries from Pixie Hollow were heels (not even Rosetta), so there is no need for the angled doll feet made for high-heels. On a similar vein, it's nice to see that her legs also look more proportionate to her body than standard doll legs tend to do. Aesthetically, I personally would have liked to see Disney Parks Tinkerbell with green sparkly wings, but the blue provides a very good contrast and is more in-line with the actual character design (where Tinkerbell's wings are gossamer/translucent white). Great photos, as usual, DRJ1828!
Thanks, Shivatopia. I appreciate your feedback on my photos and my dolls. I didn't realize how wonderful this Tinker Bell was until I deboxed her and found out all of her cool features. Lately, every doll I debox seems to become my new favorite. I really love this Tinker Bell, as I did the Disney Parks Rapunzel before her. Two down, eight to go. So many dolls, so little time. LOL.

2011 Disney Boxed 12'' Princess Dolls Stacked Up

I've stacked up the 2011 individually boxed U.S. versions of the 12'' Disney Princess dolls, both from the Disney Store and Disney Parks. I've taken a photo of this wall of boxed dolls, and present it here. The princesses are lined up in order of the release of their original animated feature movies. From top to bottom:

Disney Store Deluxe Sparkle Gown Princess Dolls.
For some reason, all of the boxes except for Snow White are missing the Deluxe Sparkle Gown sticker, even though they were bought at the same time from the Disney Store. From left to right are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana and Rapunzel. Their list price is $12.50 US, but they are frequently on sale for a considerable discount by the Disney Store.

Disney Parks Collection Princess Dolls.
For some reason, this line is missing Pocahontas and Mulan. Instead, there is a second Ariel doll (Wedding Ariel), and an 11'' Tinker Bell doll. This line is a considerable step up from the Disney Store line, in packaging, doll appearance, and outfits. They sell for $17.95 US in the Disney Resorts in the USA, and are also sold in Disneyland Paris. Currently Snow White is unavailable in Disneyland (Anaheim).

Disney Princess Designer Collection Dolls by the Disney Store.
Limited edition collector's dolls released from August 22 to October 18, 2011, and completely sold out. I am missing the Silver Designer Cinderella, which was only sold at the D23 Expo on August 19, 2011, and limited to 250 copies. They are fashion dolls, and have a mature look to their appearance and outfits. They come in sturdy see-through acrylic display cases, golden name plates and built in doll stands. They sold for $59.50 each, exclusively by the Disney Store.

2011 Disney Boxed 12'' Princess Dolls Stacked Up by drj1828, on Flickr

Once again, DRJ1828, your photos certainly amaze! I appreciate the side by side comparison you did of Tinker Bell, and I really think they did an impressive job with the disney parks version. And now looking at the 3 series all stacked together, It looks very evident that they did an outstanding job on all the Disney Parks dolls. It looks like from top to bottom of the pic the dolls keep getting better and better and then... designer awesomeness :cool:

Thanks so much for the time and effort you take out and sharing pics with us. I'm not even much of a doll collector, and you are nearly convincing me of buying some Disney Parks dolls when I visit the parks next :lol:

Disney Store Deluxe Sparkle Gown Princess Dolls.

Disney Parks Collection Princess Dolls.

Disney Princess Designer Collection Dolls by the Disney Store.

2011 Disney Boxed 12'' Princess Dolls Stacked Up by drj1828, on Flickr

What an amazing photo to compare the 2011 dolls! The strengths of some of the dolls become so much more apparent this way! For me, the Disney Parks Aurora and Belle look so much better than even the Designer versions.

Last edited:
Once again, DRJ1828, your photos certainly amaze! I appreciate the side by side comparison you did of Tinker Bell, and I really think they did an impressive job with the disney parks version. And now looking at the 3 series all stacked together, It looks very evident that they did an outstanding job on all the Disney Parks dolls. It looks like from top to bottom of the pic the dolls keep getting better and better and then... designer awesomeness :cool:

Thanks so much for the time and effort you take out and sharing pics with us. I'm not even much of a doll collector, and you are nearly convincing me of buying some Disney Parks dolls when I visit the parks next :lol:
Thanks Story! I feel like I'm a pitchman for Disney Princess dolls. LOL.

What an amazing photo to compare the 2011 dolls! The strengths of some of the dolls become so much more apparent this way! For me, the Disney Parks Aurora and Belle look so much better than even the Designer versions.
I think the Disney Parks outfits are certainly prettier than the Designer dresses. But I think the Designer dolls faces are more detailed, and prettier and more realistic than the Disney Parks versions. I especially love Designer Belle's face - she has real charm and personality. When I bought her at a Disney Store, the CM took the outer sleeve off and asked me "how does she look?" I replied, "Perfect!" And I still think so.

They're so pretty! Especially Snow White. Thanks for posting. I love that display in Disneyland. I'll have to see it for myself when I go in a few months.
Thanks! I love the Disney Parks Snow White too. I am going to post some photos of her deboxed right now, and reveal some really neat features of hers.

Deboxing Disney Parks Snow White

Here are some photos of the Disney Parks partially and fully deboxed. I am using a brand new 16 megapixel camera (Sony DSC-TX10) that replaces my old 3 megapixel camera (Sony DSC-72) Tomorrow I will post written and photographic comparisons of her with the Disney Stores versions.

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Attached To Inner Cardboard Tray - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Attached To Inner Cardboard Tray - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Completely Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Completely Deboxed - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Completely Deboxed - Full Front View #2 (Without Cape) by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Snow White 12'' Doll - Completely Deboxed - Back View (Without Cape) by drj1828, on Flickr

Great pics (as always) of Disney Parks Snow White! If only they did not give her skirt the glitter treatment, I would want one, too.

I, for one, am glad that they gave these dolls proper panties. Of course, Disney dolls normally have painted on panties for modesty, but the fact that they took the time, attention, and money to include this with the Disney Parks dolls is commendable. I can't tell you how many collector Barbies I have bought over the years and more often than not they fail to provide proper underclothes for the dolls. What kind of message does that give? Commando is not cool. Undergarments exist for a reason.

Commando is not cool. Undergarments exist for a reason.
Cheers to that!! haha :lol:

And yes, DRJ1828, your photos always make me want them all! lol But alas, I do not have the space nor the funds. ;) (But on a side note, yesterday I was browsing Tumblr and found your photo of stacked dolls on there.)

Great pics (as always) of Disney Parks Snow White! If only they did not give her skirt the glitter treatment, I would want one, too.

I, for one, am glad that they gave these dolls proper panties. Of course, Disney dolls normally have painted on panties for modesty, but the fact that they took the time, attention, and money to include this with the Disney Parks dolls is commendable. I can't tell you how many collector Barbies I have bought over the years and more often than not they fail to provide proper underclothes for the dolls. What kind of message does that give? Commando is not cool. Undergarments exist for a reason.
Thanks, Shivatopia! I predicted that the glitter on the solid cloth skirt of this Snow White wouldn't shed as much as the Disney Store Sparkle Gown dolls. Well, I was wrong. She leaves gold glitter everywhere I place her, and on my hands, and as you can see in some of the photos, on her own skin and clothes. Her skirt would be just as beautiful without all that glitter. Also, her velvet robe also sheds dark pink fibers like the dickens. Her beautiful jet black hair was littered with gold glitter and pink fibers after she did all the posing for the photos. But I still love her, despite her high maintenance. LOL.

P.S. She still has the painted yellow panties (like the other Disney Snow Whites), underneath the cotton panties. Also, so far she is the only Disney Parks doll with cloth panties, of the three dolls I've deboxed so far. Also, I was really pleasantly surprised by her gold shoes. They look so great on her.

Cheers to that!! haha :lol:

And yes, DRJ1828, your photos always make me want them all! lol But alas, I do not have the space nor the funds. ;) (But on a side note, yesterday I was browsing Tumblr and found your photo of stacked dolls on there.)
Thanks, disneycrazee! Cool to see some of my photos in Tumblr. I have an account there, but don't use it. I post all my photos on my Flickr account.

Disney Parks Snow White Doll Now Available in Disneyland!

Finally Disneyland is selling the Disney Parks Collection Snow White doll again! :) She's been unavailable for several months. I saw a good supply of them in the Emporium on Main Street, as well the Small World Toyshop. If anyone is interested, I could sell one of them to you for $20 plus $5 for shipping via Priority Mail (in the USA). She is a very beautiful doll.

On another note, Disneyland is now selling a toddler version of Tinker Bell, which according to the CM in the World of Disney store, is a brand new release. It is exclusive to Disneyland and Walt Disney World. More details and photos of her later...

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll

Here are details and photos of the Little Tinker Bell 16'' toddler doll that I just bought at Disneyland yesterday.
Disney Parks Merchandise has just released the Little Tinker Bell 16'' toddler doll, as part of the Fairy Tale Beginnings line. According a CM at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, in the Disneyland Resort, this is the first week of its release. They are sold exclusively at the Disneyland Resort (Anaheim) and Walt Disney World Resort (Orlando), and cost $24.95. The Fairy Tale Beginnings line of dolls has previously released plush toddler versions of the various Disney princesses and a set of 5'' plastic dolls.

This doll is the same height as the Disney Store Animators' Collection dolls, but is has a slimmer body and a simpler outfit. She sells for $24.95, about the same as Animators' dolls. She has large opaque shimmering blue wings, a large blue comb, a blue ribbon in her hair, simple green dress, green cloth shoes with white pom-poms, and a glittery gauze wrap around her skirt. She also has cloth diapers/underwear, which none of the Animators' dolls have.

As the Disney Store Animators' Collection does not have a Tinker Bell doll, this one by Disney Parks is a welcome addition to Disney's toddler line of dolls. I consider Tinker Bell a Disney Princess, even though she is not currently an official one. She is very cute and I will see how she looks deboxed very soon.

Here are some photos of her still in her unopened box:

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Boxed - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Boxed - Closeup View Of Her Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Boxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Boxed - Upskirt View by drj1828, on Flickr

Fairy Tale Beginnings Tinker Bell Toddler Doll Unboxed with Animators' Dolls

Here is the Fairy Tale Beginnings Tinker Bell toddler doll with the Animators' Cinderella and Rapunzel dolls. You can tell the difference in quality and design between them. One fairly big difference in their mechanics is that the Tinker Bell toddler's head only swivels around in one plane, whereas the Animators' dolls' head also tilts up and down about 10 to 30 degrees, making for more realistic head poses.

Disney Parks Fairy Tale Beginnings Little Tinker Bell 16'' Toddler Doll - Standing With Animators' Rapunzel and Cinderella #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disneyland Small World Toystore Rotating Princess Castle - HD Video

HD Video taken of the Small World Toystore Rotating Princess Castle in Disneyland (Anaheim). I took it with the camera turned sideways to capture the entire castle and maximize its size in the frame, but that means that you have to turn sideways to view it too, or turn your monitor 90 degrees. It was taken at night on Christmas Day, Sunday December 25, 2011. The audio consists of the customers talking, and background music from Disneyland. You can see the castle lit up from the inside, and rotating to show all sides. One of the Snow White dolls has fallen, but the store staff hasn't noticed it yet. LOL.

Standing at the various balconies are the 11''-12'' dolls of the current Disney Parks Collection: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Belle, Jasmine, Tiana, Rapunzel and Tinker Bell. Pocahontas and Mulan are not part of the collection, and are therefore not in this display. Wedding Ariel is part of the collection, but is not displayed here.

Clicking on the image below will take you to my Flickr account, where you can then play the video.

The funny thing is here in italy in 2010 (when Tangled came out in the theatre), at the only disney store we have, in Milan, they put the Rapunzel PARK dolls, with ultralong hair and more detailed dress!! I have this doll, not the other one. :D cool!!

The funny thing is here in italy in 2010 (when Tangled came out in the theatre), at the only disney store we have, in Milan, they put the Rapunzel PARK dolls, with ultralong hair and more detailed dress!! I have this doll, not the other one. :D cool!!
The first release of 12'' Rapunzel dolls by the Disney Store in 2010 is the same doll as the current (2011) Disney Parks doll, with the same accessories. Only the box and price are different. It's too bad that the Disney Store's current 12'' Rapunzel dolls are much inferior to their original release. On the other hand, the current "Sparkle Dress" Disney Store Rapunzel has eyelashes! LOL.

Does anyone know how long the Park exclusive dolls will be around for ? I only ask as I am going to Disneyland Paris in October and would love to buy some of them while I am there ?

Does anyone know how long the Park exclusive dolls will be around for ? I only ask as I am going to Disneyland Paris in October and would love to buy some of them while I am there ?
My guess is that the current Disney Park Collection dolls will be around at least until this summer, as some of the current dolls were released last summer. Disney tends to release a new design of their Princess dolls every year, so by October there might be new versions of at least some of the dolls.

I just came back from Disneyland (Anaheim) and they now have the Disney Parks Collection Rapunzel 12'' doll back in stock. They were sold out for about 4 weeks (since shortly after Christmas). They are the regular Rapunzels with the pink and purple dress, and 17'' long hair, and holding a paintbrush and Pascal. Most of the shops that carry Disney Princess dolls had her for sale, including the World of Disney store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back