• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls
Ursulla seems to been given a bit of make up in those pictures. I'm hoping the gift set will be available at some point here in the UK too, because I could use a double Ariel so I can keep her as a mermaid and the other doll as her in human form. I'm still dissapointed with Triton though. He could do with a serious makeover, imo. Double YAY for the Vanessa doll. I can not wait for that one either. the more pictures I see, the more excited I get.

I am thinking the same thing, but also didn't they make more of the Cinderella set because of the stepsisters face switch issue? There may not be as many of these sets as there were of the Cinderella and I don't want to try to predict the pattern based on it because of the different circumstances.

They did make more of Cinderella because the sisters faces were screwed up. However, the $80 price tag is going to keep people from buying the dolls. The dolls also don't seem to sell as fast in the stores as they do online. My Disney store has merch that is sold out online all the time. Also, it took Disney awhile to sell all the Cinderella sets. They were still online after Christmas. I know Ariel is more popular than Cinderella but I still don't think people are going to flock to this item because of the price tag.

They did make more of Cinderella because the sisters faces were screwed up. However, the $80 price tag is going to keep people from buying the dolls. The dolls also don't seem to sell as fast in the stores as they do online. My Disney store has merch that is sold out online all the time. Also, it took Disney awhile to sell all the Cinderella sets. They were still online after Christmas. I know Ariel is more popular than Cinderella but I still don't think people are going to flock to this item because of the price tag.

Those are great points. Personally I am going to wait for a sale and if I miss it, while that happens sometimes. I do want a Vanessa, quite a lot, but not for $80. I don't like dolls packaged more than one at a time, so this will only be a sale purchase for me. I would totally pay $80 for a special edition or designer type Vanessa though, I just wish she was packaged individually.

Ooh Vanesssa 0_0 I have seen on Flikr, people saying there is a sticker on the back covering the name 'Grimbsy' instead of Ursula? I'm NOT surprised they changed it!! (No offense to Grimsby, him and his funny pipe incident, very funny) but I wouldn't want a Grimsby doll! o_0 Dissapointing though about only five dolls - they should have at *least* included one of Ariels sisters and Max the dog. Annnd if I had my way some extra props like stuff from Ariel's Cave, and her blue and pink dresses. That Vanessa doll is very nice!! I don't normally 'do' villains :/ I mean, I LOVE villains but I just don't....like to decorate with them? :/ *shivers thinking of an army of angry eye-browed villain dolls staring at me from my shelves when I wake up* Gawd I don't even like the 2012 belle doll because I decided her eyebrows look a bit angry. Though...Vanessa is just too cool, I like how she's basically a 'dark' Ariel, the dark Odile to Ariels Odette... they would look so nice displayed together and I could make Vanessa a cloak even with my limited sewing skills. AAHHHH

I saw the Ariel and her sisters mini doll set today. It is not very good for the $40 price tag, I am dissapointed in it. I did however finally manage to acquire my Gaston dolls!! Yay!

Wall of 2013 Classic Princess Dolls

Today (June 24, 2013) I received the full set of 2013 Disney Store Classic Princess dolls by mail, plus the new Sidekick dolls and the ones with significant changes. The only one that I didn't already have from in store purchases was Cinderella. Here is a wall of stacked boxes of the 11 official Disney Princess, from Snow White to Merida, plus Queen Merida to make an even dozen. Not shown here are Gaston and Charlotte. I will start to debox all these dolls over the next few days.

2013 Classic Disney Princess Dolls - 11 Princesses + Queen Elinor - Disney Store - First Look - Stacked Boxes - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Today (June 24, 2013) I received the full set of 2013 Disney Store Classic Princess dolls by mail, plus the new Sidekick dolls and the ones with significant changes. The only one that I didn't already have from in store purchases was Cinderella. Here is a wall of stacked boxes of the 11 official Disney Princess, from Snow White to Merida, plus Queen Merida to make an even dozen. Not shown here are Gaston and Charlotte. I will start to debox all these dolls over the next few days.

2013 Classic Disney Princess Dolls - 11 Princesses + Queen Elinor - Disney Store - First Look - Stacked Boxes - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Those look beautiful together!

I also posted this on the Little Mermaid merch thread , I am not sure where to post as this discussion be limited to 12 inch classic dolls and not all DS dolls. So sorry if this is not the place.

I noticed in the pictures of the store set up that there seems to be 3 sizes (maybe it is just how the boxes are positioned, but it looks like 3) of Ariel dolls in the pink dress. And a large Ariel (or Vanessa? the hair looks dark , but I think it is more red) doll in white, maybe wedding dress. The largest pink dress dollseems to have the same style box as the wedding doll. The picture quality is not good so it is hard to tell. Perhaps they are singing dolls.

https://twitter.com/EdwinReagan/status/349523526681767937/photo/1

I also posted this on the Little Mermaid merch thread , I am not sure where to post as this discussion be limited to 12 inch classic dolls and not all DS dolls. So sorry if this is not the place.

I noticed in the pictures of the store set up that there seems to be 3 sizes (maybe it is just how the boxes are positioned, but it looks like 3) of Ariel dolls in the pink dress. And a large Ariel (or Vanessa? the hair looks dark , but I think it is more red) doll in white, maybe wedding dress. The largest pink dress dollseems to have the same style box as the wedding doll. The picture quality is not good so it is hard to tell. Perhaps they are singing dolls.

https://twitter.com/EdwinReagan/status/349523526681767937/photo/1

hey you are right...looks to me like Ariel in her white dress!

I have usually just called them as they respond straight away and resolve the issue then and there. I don't know how you are calling them or where you are calling from but I've called them several times using my mobile phone and it was clear enough for me to hear them and them hear me. It really was just like I was talking to someone here in Australia. I've even used Skype and they could hear me alright then as well.

Also it didn't cost me much to make the call as well due to a plan I have with my phone. If you don't have a plan that can give you international calls you can also buy prepaid international cards. But I'm pretty sure if you really want it resolved just call them it's the only way you know that they will resolve the issue.

Good luck and I really do hope it works out as I know how difficult things can get with dealing with overseas purchases, especially now that the AUD is going down.

That is really weird. Come to think of it, I *knock on wood* thankfully haven't had a problem with my shipped to me LE dolls. And, that's weird in my book since the LE dolls are in their shipping boxes with no room or padding. It's always been my classic or dmc dolls. I know it's partially poor packing procedures, but those delivering the packages just throw them around too. I'm also not a deboxer so I get your plight. But! Your issues stem from before they were even packaged. That is not acceptable in my book. Your dolls shouldn't have even been boxed or shipped like that in the first place. I wish you good luck and hope that something works out soon.

Last edited:
This is strange because I've been sent damaged items and sometimes, they'll replace it without me sending the damage item back. However, I've had 1 limited edition doll come damaged and that one, I had to send back. But I agree, I live in the states and I usually go to the store, thankfully, I have 2 not too far from me because every time I order from online, I have an issue with damage from inappropriate packaging or, quality control issues. Also, dealing with guest services online is a nightmare!!! Lets just say, they don't have the brightest people answering the calls. Good luck!!

Especially large orders......you should see how some of the boxes look once ups drops them off :facepalm:

If I order from DS.com there are usually QC issues, so I try to avoid it if possible. But I am lucky enough to live near a physical DS. Do you have any friends or family in the States who could pick out your dolls and ship them to you? I feel so bad, as I am a box collector as well and it really stinks to have dolls all messed up with no way to fix it. Sorry for your troubles!

I got an email back saying they would take 15% of 4 of my dolls...um don't think so. I don't want to actually KEEP defective dolls. I am a collector not a hoarder. I'm going to have to find some way to ring them up (which I hate doing) where I can actually hear them on the other end. Clearly they aren't getting the message. I've never had such horrid customer service, especially since I'm a regular customer. I can't believe how they handle these issues with international customers. Not professional.

Ugh! I know... it's so hit-or-miss with them. I had issues with my 17" LE Cinderella doll (permanent corrosion stains on her shoes & the doll box was damaged before it was put into the shipper box which was in pristine condition), and I even sent them detailed descriptions and photos of the problems. I would have been fine with them sending a pair of new shoes for the doll, but they kept insisting I send the doll back for an exchange, which they could not guarantee would not have the same problems. They ended up refunding a portion of the price (I can't remember how much now), but that was all they would offer. :(

I just got back from my 'local' Disney store (we only have 1 in Belgium) and they did have the new classic dolls! However, the boxes are not as pretty as the US ones. They are still the same as last years boxes. They did not have Snow white, Pocahontas or Mulan yet, and no sign of Merida, Elinor, Gaston, Charlotte, etc... But since the boxes are still the same and pocahontas or mulan didn't change, i won't be buying those. I think it's a shame that we get the ugly boxes again. I prefer the US ones :((sorry for the cell Phone pics)
20130701_131503.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

well I got my 17 dolls delivered today and 11 of the 17 are ok and the others well are disgusting! ripped, bent, squashed and slashed
Untitled by roylee_ly, on Flickr
Untitled by roylee_ly, on Flickr the way they were put in the box were squashed , no real packaging just an one air bag. I am now emailing them to complain :(

I went to my local Disney store yesterday and found the new classic dolls. They did not have snow white, mulan or pocahontas yet and no sign of Charlotte, gaston, elinor, etc... Too bad they still have the same boxes, not the new pretty ones like the US does. And since the boxes are still the same, and the mulan and pocahontas dolls haven't changed, I won't be getting those...
20130701_131503.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back