• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dollmagaeddon- Help people get the dolls they want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dollmagaeddon- Help people get the dolls they want!
I have a Snow White, Belle, and *possibly* Mulan for trade. I am looking for any of the newly released dolls. :)

Got to my mall at 5:30 am and was so far back in the line that I had not a chance of any dolls. I waited anyway, but the mall really messed up by telling people we couldn't line up until 6:30 am. There were people in line when I went back and I missed all the dolls. I'm so upset. If anyone has Aurora for sale/trade please let me know. I'm going to try tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope.

What a mess!!! My daughter got to the mall at 3a.m. Securtiy told everyone waiting to go wait across the the street and if he saw anyone before 6:30 ,he would ban them from the mall for 24 hours. A bit later, a group of cars came and people started lining up. Everyone waiting across the street rushed over to get in line. Another securtiy guard came by. People that had been waiting across the street told him what the other security guard had said. He said there was nothing he could do, he was not going to make the people leave. To make things worse, the people that were now at the front of the line let a bunch of their "friends" cut.

When the head of security and the manager for DS arrived, they said they could not do anything either. So, my daughter, who would have been number 6 in line, is now number 20. Guess what? she gets one doll. One is better than nothing but she was there in time to get all five. The store manager did limit it to one per household and was checking ID's.

What makes me so mad is, security knew this day was coming...Why weren't all of the guards on the same page? One says one thing, another, something else. Then, oh well, what can we do? They should have left everyone alone. Form the line in the order people arrived, not who can run the fastest. DS did their part...mall security, Shame on you.

What a mess!!! My daughter got to the mall at 3a.m. Securtiy told everyone waiting to go wait across the the street and if he saw anyone before 6:30 ,he would ban them from the mall for 24 hours. A bit later, a group of cars came and people started lining up. Everyone waiting across the street rushed over to get in line. Another securtiy guard came by. People that had been waiting across the street told him what the other security guard had said. He said there was nothing he could do, he was not going to make the people leave. To make things worse, the people that were now at the front of the line let a bunch of their "friends" cut.

When the head of security and the manager for DS arrived, they said they could not do anything either. So, my daughter, who would have been number 6 in line, is now number 20. Guess what? she gets one doll. One is better than nothing but she was there in time to get all five. The store manager did limit it to one per household and was checking ID's.

What makes me so mad is, security knew this day was coming...Why weren't all of the guards on the same page? One says one thing, another, something else. Then, oh well, what can we do? They should have left everyone alone. Form the line in the order people arrived, not who can run the fastest. DS did their part...mall security, Shame on you.

Oh yuck. :( Reminds me of what happened at the PotC premiere earlier this year. Security can really mess things up. Sorry it didn't work out the way it should have for you. :(

Ahhh got my most wanted, rapunzel and jasmine but now "need" the rest! Will trade belle for poahontas or ariel!

I chickened out. I came home from EPCOT Sunday night with a headache and ended up sleeping 12 hours. Looks like I had a better time than other people though. Guess I'll be joining the crowd to fight online... maybe.

Noo dont say to skip online sales what about us that dont have a disney store near us how can we get the dolls

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards, the shared Princess dollmagedon got me to finally join. I am looking for Aurora or Snow White and want Snow White the most, I have Jasmine to trade.

Also love4dollz, sorry for deleting my previous post, I moved it to the other board because I think it fit better there since this was a trading thread. I would say for me the only reason I even thought no online sales for the smaller editions was from what I have gathered they have a very limited number of the smaller editions that they are selling online and for a couple of hundred dolls I am concerned. I'm sure the site will be flooded tomorrow and I'm hoping its not like the Target Missoni fiasco a little while ago. Having said that I normally am not near a Disney store and completely rely on the website to buy anything I want so I totally understand where you are coming from. I hesitated to put that up as one of my thoughts but decided to go for it because it was one of the things I had been thinking about after Snow White came out. I'm really hoping it goes smoothly tomorrow and everyone gets a doll that they want.

Last edited:
I have a Belle doll I will trade for Aurora. That was the only doll I needed and after 5 attempts to check out - they sold out. Thanks Disney for making my day so miserable.

So, now that this has been all over, anyone get any extra's to trade here????

Just curious. I thought I read on the different threads that a couple people on this thread have duplicates.

Vicki

Nope, not even one doll for myself :O Am thinking about going to the bay or list and checking out prices there...

I'm hesitant to post this... but if my dolls actually show up (hypothetically I bought Pocahontas, Tiana, and Jasmine) I'd be willing to trade the Pocahontas since I'm really not interested in her. I'd actually prefer to trade her for mugs than dolls, but failing that I'd be willing to trade her for anyone except Mulan/ Snow White. Maybe you can put me as a tentative contributor? I say tentative because after the drama with my Snow White order (cancelled over a week after the order and after them claiming it'd shipped) I don't want to promise anyone something I don't have!
I just thought posting here might prevent anyone crazily seeking Poci from overpaying on ebay immediately. :)

Hi!
Congratulations to everyone that got their dolls!
Just wondering if anybody has an extra Rapunzel or Aurora to trade for my Snow White?
Am in Miami

Not sure if I posted here or not, but I called my local DS and they said they weren't expecting ANY MORE Designer Princess merchandise! No more mugs, journals, make-up, anything?! :p

Assuming my order goes through I will only need Tiana and Pocahontas.

I have a Snow White, Belle, and Mulan for trade.

Any takers?

Not sure if I posted here or not, but I called my local DS and they said they weren't expecting ANY MORE Designer Princess merchandise! No more mugs, journals, make-up, anything?! :p

Noooo!!! I really regret not getting the sequined clutch and the Snow White compact when they were available. :(

I was able to trade my Jasmine for a Snow White, yay. I am still looking for an Aurora and a Rapunzel and am willing to pay a reasonable price for each.

PrincessBecky I totally understand the pain of wishing you had bought merchandise. I saw Cinderella and Belle for sale in the store and I really wish I had bought them so I could have them for trade.only wanted the three dolls and I thought I would have no problem getting the dolls I wanted because the first few sold so slowly, oh well hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited:
I got 4 out of 5 on Monday. The only one I missed out on is Aroura, cause I let someone else in line who REALLY wanted it get it before me.

I am willing to trade a Rapunzel OR Pocahontas for an Ariel.

Attachments

• 300638_259605684074477_100000751411080_601470_1708131063_n.jpg
    300638_259605684074477_100000751411080_601470_1708131063_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 312652_259606227407756_100000751411080_601471_1765883583_n.jpg
    312652_259606227407756_100000751411080_601471_1765883583_n.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back