• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
Lining up for days for something is not new, it's just new for pins.

And lining up in this area is nothing new at all... Every night on the other side of the alley Jimmy Kimmel has a live musical guest... If it's someone REALLY popular, the free audience admission line forms 24+ hours in advance, just down the sidewalk of the street... There's already a line of about 20 people for tonight's show right across the back alley from the DSF line... They are probably trying to figure out what all _those_ people are waiting for. :)

Movie premieres happen on Hollywood (and at the Cap for Disney movies) 3-6 times a month, with 100s of people mobbing the streets trying to see celebs and get autographs...

Academy awards happen across the street from the Cap... You don't even want to know what it's like trying to navigate these roads during that week.

Big crowds of people clustered together is nothing new on this block... I'm sure the police know the crowd is there, but as long as they stay civil, nothing will be done about it... And I could barely even hear talking when I walked by an hour ago. Very calm crowd, everyone way to busy flipping through pin books to cause any trouble. :)

And as far as the justification for why you are in line is concerned, remember, we are a race of people that had a percentage of us camp out for MONTHS just to be the first in line to see a new Star Wars movie... They weren't making ANY money off that (in fact, spending it), just bragging rights that everyone forgot about two weeks later... especially after seeing the movie... :p

Last edited:
Bless You All that ventured out for this. I hope you all get your pins, which I know will be impossible. With what rik stated above, I want to visit Hollywood, but not for a DSF release. I'll be happy eating an ice cream and buying whichever PTD pin is available.

The almost stabbing was scary, I was walking back into the line when a guy shouted "Jesus will kill you!" I said WTF and walked to a group moments latter two women ran past us in a rush. I looked the way they came and a confrontation between members of the line and man was going on. He said he was going to kill us all and pulled out a box cutter. They stood up to him and got him away from the line. The police where involved and after this security became concerned and we have had a cm with us most if the time.

After this is when security became concerned??? I thought they made an announcement that they would have security for this release. Why wasn't security on top of it? It's not a very big space they have to watch. One yell for "security" from anywhere would be heard... if someone had actually been out there. Am I missing something?

Is this this for real?
The almost stabbing was scary, I was walking back into the line when a guy shouted "Jesus will kill you!" I said WTF and walked to a group moments latter two women ran past us in a rush. I looked the way they came and a confrontation between members of the line and man was going on. He said he was going to kill us all and pulled out a box cutter. They stood up to him and got him away from the line. The police where involved and after this security became concerned and we have had a cm with us most if the time.

I think so, they said thew news channel was there getting the story, and something tells me the news reporters weren't there because a new Rapunzel pin was being released o_O
The mainstream media needs to reexamine its priorities. This is a Rapunzel pin we're talking about here! ;)

In all seriousness that does sound scary. I'm glad no one got hurt.

WOW, Maybe DSF will reconsider their policy knowing full well that if anyone gets hurt in their property during this campout it will surely be a HUGE lawsuit.

That was me running to get security with hidden miki

WOW, Maybe DSF will reconsider their policy knowing full well that if anyone gets hurt in their property during this campout it will surely be a HUGE lawsuit.
+1 I'm just glad nobody was hurt. I also hope that DSF reconsiders their policies before someone actually does get hurt and there are consequences that nobody wants to live with - or can live with.

I hope that everyone continues to stay safe and keeps us updated - it's getting scary out there.

Well it wasn't an unprovoked attack, the gentleman with the knife was a bit off his rocker and started rambling how we're all damned to hell and a gentleman in line had to speak up and say something rebellious and it sparked the powder keg. The gentleman with the knife approached the gentleman in line and started rambling about how God's in good health because of his existence and pulled out a box cutter and preceded to threaten the other gentleman. Once the guy with a mission from God realized how many people there were he backed off and ran to the hills and the situation was resolved.

Just confirmed by a dear member that others were harassing a homeless man that was rambling about religion. Like why encourage trouble especially when young children are present. Just glad everyone is safe...SMH

Last edited:
Just confirmed by a dear member that others were harassing a homeless man that was rambling about religion. Like why encourage trouble especially when young children are present. Just glad everyone is safe...SMH

it was one gentleman who spoke up against the homeless man

tisk tisk tisk such trouble makers bet I know who it was too

Wow. I am so very glad I didn't want these pins. Stay safe you guys. A bit of metal is not worth any kind of harm. Glad you guys are watching out for each other. Have a good night!

Again why initiate a confrontation when children are present

It was honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen go down right in front of me. I don't know what the guy was trying to accomplish but once the homeless man confronted him and started getting aggressive the guy harassing him back peddled like a moron thinking the guy wasn't going to do anything. The rest of the day he kept his head down because he knew what he did was stupid. Lol if you'd like I can ask him the question presented above

Last edited:
Wow, they really did call the police? Corporate Disney really hates negative attention and especially bad press. This could cause some serious problems with soda fountain releases down the road, especially if news crews showed up. Someone is going to end up losing their job over this. I hope everyone stays safe tonight and make sure you take care of each other!

I really do think that soda fountain could benefit from using the same system that they use to distribute highly valuable pins in the park. You sign up with a valid email address ahead of time, they do a random lottery system, and whichever 150 emails get picked in the lottery system are the ones that get to go down and pick up pins. To keep people from simply inputting 100 different email addresses, people have to put down their name with your email, and show their ID to get in line. All they do is print out a total sheet showing all of the names used and if somebody shows up as having a duplicate name on the list, they are automatically excluded from the lottery. I have seen this work very well in the past.

however, this would be on the assumption that Disney actually communicates within their own system.

Wow, they really did call the police? Corporate Disney really hates negative attention and especially bad press. This could cause some serious problems with soda fountain releases down the road, especially if news crews showed up. Someone is going to end up losing their job over this. I hope everyone stays safe tonight and make sure you take care of each other!
+1 But much more than that. I think everyone was lucky (this time) that nobody got hurt. This situation could have been so much worse than it actually was - and it sounds like it was pretty bad to begin with.

To reiterate what I said earlier, I hope this inspires DSF to change its policies before someone really ends up getting hurt and there are consequences that nobody can live with - or wants to live with.

Please please stay safe and take care of each other tonight. Remember that no piece of metal, regardless of who or what is on it, is worth your lives.

+1 But much more than that. I think everyone was lucky (this time) that nobody got hurt. This situation could have been so much worse than it actually was - and it sounds like it was pretty bad to begin with.

To reiterate what I said earlier, I hope this inspires DSF to change its policies before someone really ends up getting hurt and there are consequences that nobody can live with - or wants to live with.

Please please stay safe and take care of each other tonight. Remember that no piece of metal, regardless of who or what is on it, is worth your lives.

^+1,000,000 Speaking from personal experience, I was already edgy about camping out in Hollywood for my own personal reasons before and if I'm being honest? This scenario doesn't help even if it was minor, however, that's just me. As you said, it could've easily been worse. Point blank, there are some shifty people in that area and some that aren't all there :crazy: It makes for a very bad recipe and I too am elated that no one was hurt. I hope tonight goes smoothly for everyone and that tomorrow flies by so everyone can get out of there (until Saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back