• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
I hope you get your dolls Li :( xxx

Me too! I don't have any issues with DS.com customer service although it does seem that they are running through a script sometimes. I am always friendly but firm and tell them about my frustrations with this issue, especially considering the debacle from November's dolls.

Elsa's home! But it wouldn't be a doll release without just a LITTLE bit of personal drama. UPS delivered Anna yesterday around 6:00PM. They knocked on the door, my Mom signed for her, she looked beautiful, all was well. Figuring Elsa would arrive around the same time today and wanting to be home to sign for her, my Mom went to run some errands this morning. She checked the mail and noticed a giant box in a flimsy trash bag sticking out of a snowbank sideways.

Elsa was jammed in a snowbank. Sideways.

The irony isn't lost on me.

Apparently UPS decided they didn't want to be troubled driving up our driveway to go through the motions they went through last night, lol. No signature. Nothing. Just a flimsy plastic bag and cardboard box protecting my girl from her snow. As it happens, the doll is fine (re: totally gorgeous and absolutely my favorite of the four) but yeah, delivery left so much to be desired. The icing on the cake is that the tracking number says "DELIVERED: Left at front door." :rolleyes:

Elsa's home! But it wouldn't be a doll release without just a LITTLE bit of personal drama. UPS delivered Anna yesterday around 6:00PM. They knocked on the door, my Mom signed for her, she looked beautiful, all was well. Figuring Elsa would arrive around the same time today and wanting to be home to sign for her, my Mom went to run some errands this morning. She checked the mail and noticed a giant box in a flimsy trash bag sticking out of a snowbank sideways.

Elsa was jammed in a snowbank. Sideways.

The irony isn't lost on me.

Apparently UPS decided they didn't want to be troubled driving up our driveway to go through the motions they went through last night, lol. No signature. Nothing. Just a flimsy plastic bag and cardboard box protecting my girl from her snow. As it happens, the doll is fine (re: totally gorgeous and absolutely my favorite of the four) but yeah, delivery left so much to be desired. The icing on the cake is that the tracking number says "DELIVERED: Left at front door." :rolleyes:

Ain't that always the way! I can't believe they left her in a snowbank. No, wait ... I think I can believe it. (Not just because I know you wouldn't lie about it.)

Congratulations on receiving your dolls! And I'm excited to hear that I'm not the only one who loves Coronation Elsa most of all! I hold the minority opinion that the two March dolls are even prettier than the two November dolls (with the proviso that ALL of them are beautiful). Maybe it's the rich colors, or the fact that their faces are just a little bit "sweeter."

Hope we get more good news in this thread!!!

I'm still waiting for good news. No tracking update on my original doll, and the replacement doll has yet to ship. I'll be calling DS tomorrow to make sure everything is still okay and that the plan is still to ship me a new doll.

I am eagerly awaiting for an Elsa I bought off someone to be shipped, I live in Canada so shipping was just.. No, I don't want to do it. So a family friend offered to let me use their address in the states, so when we go (very soon) to see the Lion King show down in Seattle we can pick her up on the way!

I'm eager to find out what number she is and how beautiful she is in person. I've seen so many photos, I can't wait to put her in with my collection :)

Had my wife go to the store yesterday, stand in line for a few minutes and then she walked out with our two sets of dolls.

This release was so smooth for me I didn't even have to stress at all.

Had my wife go to the store yesterday, stand in line for a few minutes and then she walked out with our two sets of dolls.

LOL, I did have that little insurance too, picking up the dolls at the store. But I wanted a second set for sis (since she didn't get the November dolls) and the online release was my insurance....although thinking about it, she should have gone to the store that Friday night and pre-ordered them too (they didn't sell out of pre-orders til Sunday)

BUT, my saga continues for the online release. I called DS.com today and they have officially declared Anna LOST! But, they tell me a replacement doll should be shipped out tomorrow and I will have a tracking # for her tomorrow....we will see, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for good news. No tracking update on my original doll, and the replacement doll has yet to ship. I'll be calling DS tomorrow to make sure everything is still okay and that the plan is still to ship me a new doll.

This has happened to me too!

BUT, my saga continues for the online release. I called DS.com today and they have officially declared Anna LOST! But, they tell me a replacement doll should be shipped out tomorrow and I will have a tracking # for her tomorrow....we will see, I guess.

I hope this is the case. Maybe they're planning on shipping my doll out tomorrow too. When I was on the phone with them yesterday, they told me 5-7 business days before they would ship Anna out. I thought that seemed rather long. Either way I plan on calling them tomorrow to make sure my replacement doll will be sent. I see more and more people on Facebook pages saying they're getting replacement dolls now too. So that worries me that they're going to run out of leftover dolls.

I hope this is the case. Maybe they're planning on shipping my doll out tomorrow too. When I was on the phone with them yesterday, they told me 5-7 business days before they would ship Anna out. I thought that seemed rather long. Either way I plan on calling them tomorrow to make sure my replacement doll will be sent. I see more and more people on Facebook pages saying they're getting replacement dolls now too. So that worries me that they're going to run out of leftover dolls.

The gal told me today that I would RECEIVE the dolls within 5-7 days. But she kept on saying a no-cost refund and I was like WTF? Refund? And then she said I'd be getting a new doll, so I said a no-cost REPLACEMENT? And she apologized and said yes, replacement. But she kept on saying no-cost refund and I had to keep correcting her.

So, tomorrow I will call for a tracking number.

The gal told me today that I would RECEIVE the dolls within 5-7 days. But she kept on saying a no-cost refund and I was like WTF? Refund? And then she said I'd be getting a new doll, so I said a no-cost REPLACEMENT? And she apologized and said yes, replacement. But she kept on saying no-cost refund and I had to keep correcting her.

So, tomorrow I will call for a tracking number.

Maybe that's what the CS rep meant when she told me 5-7 days. Let me know what happens when you call tomorrow.

I had the thought that maybe I could upgrade my shipping, so I called the DS a little while ago. They told me that my order was already in processing stage so I couldn't make any changes. But she assured me over and over again that I would definitely be getting a doll shipped to me. And hopefully Anna will ship out tomorrow or Monday since she's already in processing.

I guess it is not the norm. I actually didn't want the dolls. Had enough trouble with the Rapunzel and the rest of that set. Staying up at night on the computer, waking up early to get to the mall. It is trouble enough for just the pins.

But……a week later after the release, I walked into my DS at the Montebello, CA mall and asked if they still had that doll everyone wanted from last week. She said no but then remembered, wait let me check. She comes back as says we got a delivery the next day of 1 set that no one asked for "did you want it?". I said sure and paid for them, got my vouchers and left. Release day comes and I am working. I hear all the stories about missing eyelashes, hand fell off, entire doll bobbling around the box. I get off work at 5, go home, eat, do homework with my son and then head out the the mall around 7ish. We stand in line thats about 12 people long and finally get to the counter. The clerk was like, "you want your dolls?" I said "yes." She calls a lead and says I wanted my dolls. The lead goes in back and gets the 2 boxes. Sort of mysterious about the transaction. Takes them out of the plastic they came in and they were perfect. No dents, nothing moved or missing, no scratches box fully intact and presentable. She rings up the blank receipt, hands me the original receipt and the 2 vouchers. We leave and get a pretzel dog and lemon aid and go home. Now what to do with these 2 dolls I don't want?

Sorry Li, had to tell the story.:poke:

Anna is doll 2291 of 5000
Elsa is doll 1839 of 5000

Prior dolls the edition was outside? This set the certificate was inside under the plastic i guess "plastic shell" on the bottom of the box.

Last edited:
Ain't that always the way! I can't believe they left her in a snowbank. No, wait ... I think I can believe it. (Not just because I know you wouldn't lie about it.)

Congratulations on receiving your dolls! And I'm excited to hear that I'm not the only one who loves Coronation Elsa most of all! I hold the minority opinion that the two March dolls are even prettier than the two November dolls (with the proviso that ALL of them are beautiful). Maybe it's the rich colors, or the fact that their faces are just a little bit "sweeter."

Hope we get more good news in this thread!!!
Same here! When they first released photos, the richer colors made these two dolls my favorites, with Elsa being my ultimate favorite. My Anna arrived today, but I have no idea where Elsa is. :( I placed them in the same order, so they have the same tracking number. Fingers crossed she arrives tomorrow since many Elsas seem to be coming late.

Same here! When they first released photos, the richer colors made these two dolls my favorites, with Elsa being my ultimate favorite. My Anna arrived today, but I have no idea where Elsa is. :( I placed them in the same order, so they have the same tracking number. Fingers crossed she arrives tomorrow since many Elsas seem to be coming late.

Did you get one tracking # in your "blast off" emails, or do you see one tracking # when you logged into DS.com? Because my online account showed the same tracking # for both dolls, but this was not the case in reality; they each had their own. If you don't receive Elsa tomorrow, I would definitely call and check. Elsa (and WHY is it almost always Elsa???) seems to be arriving fashionably late for many people, but if you don't have a tracking # specific to her, it makes it harder to monitor the situation ... Good luck!!! She is beautiful and you will love her when she arrives!

Did you get one tracking # in your "blast off" emails, or do you see one tracking # when you logged into DS.com? Because my online account showed the same tracking # for both dolls, but this was not the case in reality; they each had their own. If you don't receive Elsa tomorrow, I would definitely call and check. Elsa (and WHY is it almost always Elsa???) seems to be arriving fashionably late for many people, but if you don't have a tracking # specific to her, it makes it harder to monitor the situation ... Good luck!!! She is beautiful and you will love her when she arrives!
Thanks! Only Anna was listed in the email, and then when I log into DS.com both dolls have the same tracking # listed. :-/

Thanks! Only Anna was listed in the email, and then when I log into DS.com both dolls have the same tracking # listed. :-/

Hmmm ... Well, don't panic, but that sounds to me like circumstances under which I'd definitely call. It could just be that your order was far enough down on the list (because there's no apparent "order" to how they process them, from what I can tell) that maybe they hadn't gotten around to producing the label for your Elsa. But on the off chance that something's "weird," you want to get in there ASAP because word on here and Facebook is that they are starting to acknowledge lost items and issue replacements. And if something IS wrong, you want to claim a replacement before they run out. (Although I agree with whoever said earlier that some of these dolls maybe aren't truly "lost," they're just misplaced in the warehouse. Which means once they're found, there should still be plenty to go around. But even so ...) Keeping my fingers crossed that you have an Elsa arriving tomorrow!

I'm feeling a little relieved that other people are having trouble with their doll orders too (not that I want anyone to have trouble!). I ordered my dolls separately and got the blast-off emails just fine on the 14th. My Anna arrived today (the 20th), but my mom told me only one package came. Sure enough, when I checked my Elsa's tracking number, all it can tell me is that a shipping label has been created while Anna's number shows that she's been delivered. I'm a little worried that something went wrong, but I'm hoping that everything is fine and Elsa will show up tomorrow. :/ I'm definitely going to call if the doll doesn't come by tomorrow afternoon.

Guys,
If Anna or Elsa have not moved from Label printing to In Transit then they are 90% lost. Call tomorrow as soon as you can to get replacements.

Guys,
If Anna or Elsa have not moved from Label printing to In Transit then they are 90% lost. Call tomorrow as soon as you can to get replacements.

That's what I'm afraid of. :( I sent them an email this morning, but I'm also going to call this afternoon. *sigh* I just want my doll. I didn't think it was going to be complicated to ship the darn thing.

So I received an email last night from DS. It looks like they're sending me a replacement Elsa, but I haven't gotten another blast off email. The funny thing is I checked the order history online and I have two replacement Elsas listed under my original two dolls. Isn't that weird? I figure I'll call later and see if I can get a tracking number.

I have that same status on my DS order page too. Mine still hasn't shipped yet and it's been 2 days since they said they would ship the replacement out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back