• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
I have that same status on my DS order page too. Mine still hasn't shipped yet and it's been 2 days since they said they would ship the replacement out.

Have you called them yet to ask them for a tracking number?

Have you called them yet to ask them for a tracking number?

I called last night and they just told me it was in processing stage so I guess there's no tracking number yet. If it doesn't ship by Monday I'll call again. Did they give you any tracking number or any indication when the doll would ship?

I called last night and they just told me it was in processing stage so I guess there's no tracking number yet. If it doesn't ship by Monday I'll call again. Did they give you any tracking number or any indication when the doll would ship?

No I just received and email apologizing for the trouble and saying that they would be issuing me a no charge replacement. Strangely enough I received it at like 10:35 last night. So I might wait until Saturday.

No I just received and email apologizing for the trouble and saying that they would be issuing me a no charge replacement. Strangely enough I received it at like 10:35 last night. So I might wait until Saturday.

Yeah I think 2 days is a good time frame to wait to call back. I just hope we don't have an issue receiving the replacements. There are way too many people in the same situation as is. Clearly there's an issue at the warehouse. So we have to hope there's not an issue with our replacement dolls. If the same thing happens again I will never order another doll online. I will take off of work on release days and go to the store.

But……a week later after the release, I walked into my DS at the Montebello, CA mall and asked if they still had that doll everyone wanted from last week. She said no but then remembered, wait let me check. She comes back as says we got a delivery the next day of 1 set that no one asked for "did you want it?". I said sure and paid for them, got my vouchers and left. Release day comes and I am working. I hear all the stories about missing eyelashes, hand fell off, entire doll bobbling around the box. I get off work at 5, go home, eat, do homework with my son and then head out the the mall around 7ish. We stand in line thats about 12 people long and finally get to the counter. The clerk was like, "you want your dolls?" I said "yes." She calls a lead and says I wanted my dolls. The lead goes in back and gets the 2 boxes. Sort of mysterious about the transaction. Takes them out of the plastic they came in and they were perfect. No dents, nothing moved or missing, no scratches box fully intact and presentable. She rings up the blank receipt, hands me the original receipt and the 2 vouchers. We leave and get a pretzel dog and lemon aid and go home. Now what to do with these 2 dolls I don't want?

Sorry Li, had to tell the story.:poke:

Anna is doll 2291 of 5000
Elsa is doll 1839 of 5000

Prior dolls the edition was outside? This set the certificate was inside under the plastic i guess "plastic shell" on the bottom of the box.

Of course you had to tell the story Louis. :p

But the November dolls, the edition/COA was still inside the box.

I will take off of work on release days and go to the store.

In an ideal world, most folks would probably do this. But what about the people who don't live anywhere near a store? Now, in my case (Erica, since you're from NJ, you'll particularly understand this, ha ha), I have a choice of stores. But the preorder release day for these dolls fell on a day when it was not possible for me to be missing from the office for an extended period. My mother would have gone for me, but it ended up snowing for the third time that week, if I remember right, and she was not interested in schlepping all over on icy roads to buy some dolls—and I don't blame her. So they really need to get a handle on how the warehouse processes these big limited releases. Some people will only ever have a chance online, and when you've successfully purchased the dolls, the big worry/stress should be over. You shouldn't have to be freaking out that something like this will happen. I hope you all successfully receive your replacement dolls!!!

In an ideal world, most folks would probably do this. But what about the people who don't live anywhere near a store? Now, in my case (Erica, since you're from NJ, you'll particularly understand this, ha ha), I have a choice of stores. But the preorder release day for these dolls fell on a day when it was not possible for me to be missing from the office for an extended period. My mother would have gone for me, but it ended up snowing for the third time that week, if I remember right, and she was not interested in schlepping all over on icy roads to buy some dolls—and I don't blame her. So they really need to get a handle on how the warehouse processes these big limited releases. Some people will only ever have a chance online, and when you've successfully purchased the dolls, the big worry/stress should be over. You shouldn't have to be freaking out that something like this will happen. I hope you all successfully receive your replacement dolls!!!

I totally agree. Once you're past the stress of actually purchasing the dolls, you shouldn't have to worry about something crazy happening during shipping. Disney really needs to address the warehouse problems, because it's quite obvious that there are issues. I can't believe they haven't addressed what's going on. They should be investigating the warehouse, not people's individual orders. The dolls have to be somewhere. They can't disappear into thin air.

Thankfully, my nearest Disney Store is about a 30 minute drive, so it's not bad. But yeah, some people have a 2+ hour drive to their nearest store, and they can't get there, so online is their only option. It's not fair that they have to worry about if the doll will even be shipped to them. It's really gotten ridiculous lately. If Disney doesn't clean up these issues, people are going to get tired of dealing with this and stop buying the dolls altogether.

Where in NJ are you that you have a few Disney stores by you? I'm in Passaic County, and I only have 1 close to me.

Yeah I think 2 days is a good time frame to wait to call back. I just hope we don't have an issue receiving the replacements. There are way too many people in the same situation as is. Clearly there's an issue at the warehouse. So we have to hope there's not an issue with our replacement dolls. If the same thing happens again I will never order another doll online. I will take off of work on release days and go to the store.

I hope so too. I will be ripshoot if there ends up being more issues.

I agree, these issues make me seriously rethink ording limited edition products from Disney :/. Granted, I'm mostly done, unless they come out with a designer Elsa or something, but if I wasn't, I doubt that I wouldn't think long and hard and ask myself if it is really worth it.

I totally agree. Once you're past the stress of actually purchasing the dolls, you shouldn't have to worry about something crazy happening during shipping. Disney really needs to address the warehouse problems, because it's quite obvious that there are issues. I can't believe they haven't addressed what's going on. They should be investigating the warehouse, not people's individual orders. The dolls have to be somewhere. They can't disappear into thin air.

Thankfully, my nearest Disney Store is about a 30 minute drive, so it's not bad. But yeah, some people have a 2+ hour drive to their nearest store, and they can't get there, so online is their only option. It's not fair that they have to worry about if the doll will even be shipped to them. It's really gotten ridiculous lately. If Disney doesn't clean up these issues, people are going to get tired of dealing with this and stop buying the dolls altogether.

Where in NJ are you that you have a few Disney stores by you? I'm in Passaic County, and I only have 1 close to me.

I live in the retail-overdeveloped part of the state. :p I can get to Menlo and Woodbridge in about 15 minutes (Woodbridge is literally 5 minutes up the highway from Menlo—in fact, I've often wondered how much longer they'll be able to sustain two stores in close proximity, given that stores HAVE closed in recent years; but they're actually giving Menlo a bigger store soon instead of the glorified bowling alley space they're in right now), and in a pinch I can hit Freehold and Eatontown in about 40 minutes. When the Bridgewater store was still open, that made three within 15 minutes.

But if I'm at work, Rockaway *was* the closest store, but it closed before Christmas. I think there's a store in Wayne, but I haven't felt adventurous enough to check it out because I think it's a 20-minute drive and getting in and out of that mall on a lunch break would probably be insane.

So, yeah ... we're not hurting for malls around here, but I've never actually seen a tree in my life. (I'm kidding!)

I live in the retail-overdeveloped part of the state. :p I can get to Menlo and Woodbridge in about 15 minutes (Woodbridge is literally 5 minutes up the highway from Menlo—in fact, I've often wondered how much longer they'll be able to sustain two stores in close proximity, given that stores HAVE closed in recent years; but they're actually giving Menlo a bigger store soon instead of the glorified bowling alley space they're in right now), and in a pinch I can hit Freehold and Eatontown in about 40 minutes. When the Bridgewater store was still open, that made three within 15 minutes.

But if I'm at work, Rockaway *was* the closest store, but it closed before Christmas. I think there's a store in Wayne, but I haven't felt adventurous enough to check it out because I think it's a 20-minute drive and getting in and out of that mall on a lunch break would probably be insane.

So, yeah ... we're not hurting for malls around here, but I've never actually seen a tree in my life. (I'm kidding!)

You're pretty close to me then. I actually live right next to Wayne. That's the store I go to. The one in Willowbrook Mall. There were 2 in Paramus, but the one closed down. Now I think it's just Garden State, which I'm sure you know is a mad house.

This is probably what's happening to our dolls:

tumblr_inline_my9ec5s3wc1qmjpth.gif

This is probably what's happening to our dolls:

Joke about it and it'll probably happen! D:

So I'm at work and can't access my email, but I can access DS.com and my order history and it looks like I have a tracking for my second Elsa! :D. Oh please let nothing go wrong this time.

Edit: Seriously? I plug the tracking in and it doesn't work. >>;; Are you kidding me?

Mine is still active. No tracking number yet. Think I'll call them again!

Let's pray that is NOT what is happening to our dolls!!!

UPDATE: Just checked and I have a tracking number too!

Last edited:
Hmmm ... Well, don't panic, but that sounds to me like circumstances under which I'd definitely call. It could just be that your order was far enough down on the list (because there's no apparent "order" to how they process them, from what I can tell) that maybe they hadn't gotten around to producing the label for your Elsa. But on the off chance that something's "weird," you want to get in there ASAP because word on here and Facebook is that they are starting to acknowledge lost items and issue replacements. And if something IS wrong, you want to claim a replacement before they run out. (Although I agree with whoever said earlier that some of these dolls maybe aren't truly "lost," they're just misplaced in the warehouse. Which means once they're found, there should still be plenty to go around. But even so ...) Keeping my fingers crossed that you have an Elsa arriving tomorrow!
Good news for me - Elsa just arrived! She was roughly thrown on the porch, but thankfully she's in perfect condition.

I'm sorry for everyone having trouble. I hope you all receive your dolls soon!

Good news for me - Elsa just arrived! She was roughly thrown on the porch, but thankfully she's in perfect condition.

I'm sorry for everyone having trouble. I hope you all receive your dolls soon!

Yay! Every doll received is a victory! Congrats and enjoy her! Isn't she bee-yoo-tee-ful?

For the folks who just got their tracking #s ... If they literally JUST issued the tracking #s, you won't see any updates for up to 24 hours. It still has to process. So hang in there! (I know, it's hard after what you've already been through. But we all have our fingers crossed for you!)

Am I the only person who thinks it's a bad idea to write "LE ELSA DOLL" and "LE ANNA DOLL" in such huge letters on the shipping boxes? That just seems like an invitation to people who have the slightest idea of the value of these item. Seems like a whole lot of people are missing their Elsa. Seems like one of my sets were attempted to be delivered today, but my father-in-law appearently weren't home. So now both sets are to be delivered Monday... Quite a delay after the first date given was the 18th. I just want them to arrive safely soon. All this stress isn't good for me.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks it's a bad idea to write "LE ELSA DOLL" and "LE ANNA DOLL" in such huge letters on the shipping boxes? That just seems like an invitation to people who have the slightest idea of the value of these item. Seems like a whole lot of people are missing their Elsa. Seems like one of my sets were attempted to be delivered today, but my father-in-law appearently weren't hope. So now both sets are to be delivered Monday... Quite a delay after the first date given was the 18th. I just want them to arrive safely soon. All this stress isn't good for me.

I think both of my boxes arrived with the product identification label covered by the shipping label. I would hope they would make a point of covering them up. The "LE ELSA DOLL" and "LE ANNA DOLL" labels are on there from when the manufacturer sends them to Disney ... probably as a back-up inventory control, since all dolls in their shipper boxes look identical.

I hope your globetrotting dolls arrive safely on Monday. Yeesh.

Yay! Every doll received is a victory! Congrats and enjoy her! Isn't she bee-yoo-tee-ful?

For the folks who just got their tracking #s ... If they literally JUST issued the tracking #s, you won't see any updates for up to 24 hours. It still has to process. So hang in there! (I know, it's hard after what you've already been through. But we all have our fingers crossed for you!)

Called back again this afternoon. CM said the replacement doll shipped today but no tracking # available right now. I have to call back again tomorrow afternoon (24 hours)

I think both of my boxes arrived with the product identification label covered by the shipping label. I would hope they would make a point of covering them up. The "LE ELSA DOLL" and "LE ANNA DOLL" labels are on there from when the manufacturer sends them to Disney ... probably as a back-up inventory control, since all dolls in their shipper boxes look identical.

I hope your globetrotting dolls arrive safely on Monday. Yeesh.

Disney also does not open the boxes from the shipper (to check for damage to the boxes). it basically goes from manufacturer to Disney to consumer without ever being opened.

Mine is still active. No tracking number yet. Think I'll call them again!

Let's pray that is NOT what is happening to our dolls!!!

UPDATE: Just checked and I have a tracking number too!

Congrats! I have to ask for tracking tomorrow!

Congrats! I have to ask for tracking tomorrow!

Thanks! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Anna is in that "label created waiting for UPS" stage that I dread at the moment. I'm praying she goes "in transit" with no issues.

Did you get a blast off email or is there a tracking number in your order status on the website?

I guess that's what there's no quality control with these dolls. Cause Disney doesn't look at them. That's kind of crazy. What if a bad shipment happens and every single dolls is damaged. What are they gonna do then??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back