• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
Oh thank God! Someone else just told me it's still up there, so I really thought for a minute that DS was blocking me from their posts, pahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!

I saw it too and was hoping that China would show up by April 1st (that's what I posted in response to the thread.) So I can use my $10 off $10. Or $20 off $40 merchandise coupon that I got for pre-ordering the Pirate Fairy movie

I made this thing in order to show how all the animator small world doll's clothing are based on the ride:
tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o1_500.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o2_1280.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o5_1280.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o4_1280.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o6_1280.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o7_1280.png

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_n32jmnvSR01rrdy67o3_1280.png

Is your store a big store? The bigger disneystores are the ones who get them early. The smaller stores get them late.

Yeah, it's the Times Square store in NY. So my boyfriend stopped by there today after work and picked up the Mexico doll. No China yet. They only had 3 dolls which I thought was a small number as they were just released. Of course, a few may have been purchased earlier in the day. Unfortunately, all of the boxes were kind of beat up and her hair is a bit of a disaster. He got the best one out of the three, but if they get a new shipment in sometime in the next 30 days I may exchange it for one in better condition, especially since I like to display them in the boxes.

She's cute, but I don't know, I'm still a little disappointed with her compared to the other dolls. I don't know if it's the lack of extra details or the material of the dress or what, but something seems to be missing. The material on her dress is so thin I can see the voice box through it. I couldn't stop looking at the other SW dolls when they first came in, I thought they were so adorable and I just fell in love with all of them. For some reason I'm just not having that reaction with this one.

It's funny about the DS Facebook post on the new SW dolls today, so many people were giving out that these are being released when there's not enough Frozen merchandise. Kind of "how dare the store release any other products except Frozen!!!" I understand the frustration because there are a few Frozen items I'd still like to get, but I thought the indignant reaction was kind of hilarious.

Anyway, I am anxious to see what other Small World dolls they'll release. I'd also love some other SW merchandise as well for the anniversary.

I thought the facebook comments were funny also. It got me sorta upset since Disney isn't only Frozen. Disney is everything. The reaction you had with the past dolls and the current dolls are the same as mine. I was super excited for them last year but teh new ones sorta a disappointment. I feel like the reason we are not so happy with the new dolls are because of the materials plus the design. They could have done a lot better with them.

Thank you Quasimodo. It was really fun doing that. I had a bit of trouble with China since that dress she is wearing isn't in the Disneyland California's ride. I found out that the dress is really similar to Disneyland's paris it's a small world ride.

Yeah, they released 7 of them in the begining of October. There are 6 more to come in this next wave, but I have no idea why these 2 came out first. I guess it's nice on our wallets to spread them out :)

The ride's 50th anniversary is next month, so I was convinced they'd all be out by then. Maybe they will be? I've already cleared the space in my display for them. God, I'm such a baby!

I cant wait to see the others. I hope they come out with other fun merch of the ride for the 50th.

Yeah, they released 7 of them in the begining of October. There are 6 more to come in this next wave, but I have no idea why these 2 came out first. I guess it's nice on our wallets to spread them out :)

The ride's 50th anniversary is next month, so I was convinced they'd all be out by then. Maybe they will be? I've already cleared the space in my display for them. God, I'm such a baby!

Quasimodo --- did you mean that that after Mexico and China there will be 6 more dolls for a total of 8 or are those two included in the 6 being released?

Ooops, yep, funny wording. I was including these 2 in the "next wave". We're still waiting for more info on Africa, Spain, USA, and North America.

Oh, and the kangaroo and horse plushies. Speaking of them, if anyone can find a picture of a horse from any of the rides, please post. I've never seen a horse aside from Bullseye. (I can picture a couple different kangaroos, though, and I can't wait to see what color variation they choose!)

My stores still don't know when they're getting them. Honestly, they used to have information so much sooner than they do now. These aren't LE or anything, so I doubt they're being told to keep it a secret...

Thanks! I thought that's what you meant but wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong. I forgot all about getting more plushies too! I have the poodle and the hippo from the last batch. I might have to get the panda now too to go along with the China doll.

It seems as if the stores are being more secretive about everything now, or maybe Disney is keeping them in the dark? My store has just about stopped answering the phone completely, I think, because of all the people calling everyday about Frozen items.

Oh, yay, I found a pic of a horse on Flickr. Not my Flick, so I hope no one gets mad that I'm "stealing" this. The credit goes to the account I'm posting straight from.

This isn't what I was picturing at all (I assumed a cowboy type horse), but I really like it and hope it's something along these lines:

Colorful Scene by Sam Howzit, on Flickr

Abundantly! The only one you can't find in North America anymore is England. You can only find him in England, lol. Oh, and Holland isn't available in the parks for some weird reason (only in stores and online).

My store got in Mexico today! I didn't grab her because none of them were flawless. If they sell out, I may regret that later.

What made me unhappy: I asked the staff if she knew when they were getting them in (yeah, Mexico was right in front of my face), and she pointed at Mexico and said "We were supposed to get them both in but then China didn't show up."

This would be the same store that, just yesterday, told me they had no idea when they were expecting them. So they are lying :(

LOL, as an side, while I was there admiring Mexico, THREE PEOPLE asked if there was any Frozen merch in. The CSMs must HATE that question by now.

quick question. Did anybody get the dolls from a local small disney store yet in the USA? I been calling my disney store for the past 5 days and I rather not call them again since I don't want to bother them about it.

It's A Small World Animators Dolls

I am sooo happy that the outlet is carrying the It's a small world dolls now!! Not sure with the other Disney outlet stores but definitely mine (Cross Iron Mills) had some in & they're definitely selling like crazy! I'm glad the Hawaiian is at our store cause I've been dying to just get her only! Surprisingly though, India never made it to our store. Hoping she would though cause she would've been my 2nd choice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back