• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
I thought about getting the Japan one for some time (it's adorable), but decided to limit my spending money to Disney princesses, though I look forward to seeing a Chinese one.
They need to make a Scandinavian one though XD

I'm considering buying this collection to display in my classroom, sort of a multicultural display. If they stay as cute as they have been, more countries would be great!

I might get a cowboy (US?)

Im still hoping that the "North American" one would be a Canadian Mountie. That would be SO cute.

We were at DLR this weekend and went on IASW and they have little displays with some of the dolls/characters from movies. It made me hope that they would do Animator Dolls of some of them like Alice, Peter Pan, etc. Would be cute to have them along with the Princesse ones that we have now.

Maybe there is hope for Pan since they just released Tink, and Kristoff was the first real male doll and he sold very well.

I cant wait to see the new countries.

LOL, I'm not sure how much people care, but I found out more info about iasw last week and forgot to post here.

Along with the 6 new dolls, there are going to be 2 new plushies. The kangaroo, for which I'm reallllly excited, and a ... horse? The only horse I can think of is Bullseye, but I imagine there's a horse in the cowboy area. LOL, if that's the case, we might have the entire section for our display (since I'm pretty sure we're getting the cowboy and Indian).

Anyway, that's my exciting news... exciting for me anyway :D

Yipee! :cheshire:I'm so happy to hear they are releasing new Small World dolls. I bought the entire set as a Christmas present for myself and I absolutely love them!

Ahhh!! I am so excited!! I got the first 7 for Christmas this past year and I can't wait to add the others to my collection! I wish they would make a Scottish one though :/

I just want to see more boys--with rooted hair! If they start molding the hair like Kristoff, I'd probably just pass. I know it's so easy to mold shorter hair, but these dolls will not look right like that. I'm dying to see pix because I'm pretty sure there are at LEAST two boys in this wave. Please no molded hair, please, please, pleassssssse!

I wonder when pix will leak. These are OE, so no need to be so secretive, Disney!

Still don't get why they don't make a Scandinavian one - especially considering how popular Frozen is XD They can just make clothes which are similar to Anna or Elsa's clothes.

So am I --- only because I need time to save up for all the Disney dolls coming out this year. I'm glad I got the current set of Small World dolls during the Black Friday sale so they were only $18 each instead of around $30. I'm just starting my collection, so I'm also trying to catch up and get some of the older LE and Designer dolls. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in some additional shelving as well...

Eeeeks, I hope they come out sooner than that! Ideally I want them to come out next week so we can use the Disneypal code that weekend, but clearly that's not happening.

I'd rather get wave 3 for the holidays. I want moaaaaaaar!

Ooh, I hope they continue with more and more sets. I can think of so many countries I'd like to see represented. I also agree there needs to be a few boy dolls in the collection. What's up with that? I really, really hope they do a little cowboy -- that will be so cute!

I feel like there will be some boy dolls in this small world collection. Maybe 2 or 3. I just really hope they continue to make more Small world dolls each year.

I hope they continue with them as well! I am hoping we see some pictures soon! How does everyone display theirs? I can't quite find a display case that will fit them :/

News like this is subject to change, but I was told they plan to release more dolls every year, provided they sold well, and the fact that they ALREADY have the next wave prepared means they must be doing great.

It looks like none of my stores are replenishing their current stock, so I wonder if this is it for the first wave. I was told before the holidays that they would clear them out in the New Year to make room for new stock, but nothing's really official until it happens.

I'm dying for pix, too!!! I hope if anyone gets their hands on them before I do, they'll post them here. I promise I'll do the same.

How does everyone display theirs? I can't quite find a display case that will fit them :/

I don't know if it's any help to tell you I built my own shelves for my dolls. It was the only way to line everything up perfectly.

For my small world dolls, I cut their backgrounds and taped them together. I'll repeat for the second wave, and then I'll display both sealed sets beneath them. Here's a pic of my room to give you an idea.

Disney dolls by munkey.bizniss, on Flickr

I love how you have two sets. I haven't taken mine out their boxes yet -- you're tempting me to go out and get another set to debox before they all run out! If only I had the room for them! And by the way, that is an awesome collection.

I cant wait to see pics of the new ones. Hopefully we will see something soon. Id like to see some new ones now (for Spring) and another set around the Holidays maybe.

Yussssss! Two of the new small world dolls are out!... In the Uk at least :D

But that means they should be in North America in the next few weeks. I've been waiting FOREVER for these.

China:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/its-a-...y-animators-collection-doll/mp/69674/1000208/
I'm not as blown away as I was hoping to be. Her outfit's a bit simple (I can't even picture this particular look from the ride, but I'm sure it's there somewhere)

Mexico:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/its-a-...y-animators-collection-doll/mp/69676/1000208/
I like her better than China, but I'm sad it's not a boy in a sombrero and poncho. I will honestly take it personal if none of the new 6 end up being boys. I might even flame off on the DS Facebook page.

4 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I can't believe they are finally releasing more!!! I am sooooo happy!!! I do agree with you Quasimodo -- I would have preferred a boy in sombrero too as I think it would have really added that extra special something to the doll. They had better release a cowboy! I know these aren't online in the US yet but I wonder if they have hit the stores at all? I was planning on going to my store tomorrow anyway, I would be so happy if these dolls are there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back