• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Thanks guys for the heads up on the "sob story scalpers" as I now call them. I had no idea people did this kind of stuff on here, so ill definitely keep an eye out for them.

Not to get off topic, but if a Maleficent doll is released, what day will she go up for order? Will it be the Monday when Aurora is available to pick up in stores or will she be available the Tuesday the movie comes out (which is when im assuming the online orders for Aurora will start shipping)? I will stay up as long as I have to so long as I have a chance of getting her :lol:.

Oct 7 as per the normal, look at the past releases.

I like Alice in Wonderland, but I'm not a big "collector" of the movie. That said, I loved LE Alice's look on the Disneystore website and didn't hesitate to buy her. She is GORGEOUS in person and doesn't look at all Barbie to me. (I have a daughter who has Barbie dolls). Alice has a classic, heirloom look that stands out in my LE collection.
People always think I'm buying these expensive dolls for my daughter, but they're really for me! Friends are surprised when they see I have all these dolls displayed in my office and not the kids' room. Hah!
I would really love a Mulan LE doll since I'm Asian. I'm glad we are at least getting some designer dolls of her.

That's too funny! I totally buy them for myself too! Although my girls can LOOK! haha! Some people don't understand! lol I agree that Alice is beautiful!! I'm waiting to find the right Snow.....she will almost complete my collection! I've almost bought one on ebay but I'm not happy with the box condition. I'm super anal about box condition! LOL

I am getting fed up of these sob stories. If you are selling an item just say so. I don't need a story to go with it. These stories put me off buying from these people. Like you say it's happening more and more. :-/

Pretty much this. I scour eBay for missing dolls and roll my eyes at the stories people come up with. How about telling me the finer details of the condition rather than about your upset daughter/sister/you/mortgage etc. Generally puts me off.

Anyway, looking forward to Aurora and Maleficent now so I can you know, sell them because my sister's daughter's sister's mother's niece's friend's sister is in desperate need to pay her student loan's student loan!

On a serious matter, I'm not expecting it to be easy to get them online. I lucked out with March Elsa and the dodgy UK site. Let's see how it plays out in October. Annoyingly, it's also a very busy/expensive games season, too so looks like I have to shift things around somewhat if to get the new dolls.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what stores (UK) will receive the assignment of Maleficent/Aurora/Prince Phillip? (And when). (I do realise it might be a bit too early to ask this question). :p:p

I think I read in the UK it's going to be Manchester, Harrods, Oxford street and not sure their was a couple others. I'm planning on either driving to Manchester or making a trip to London. Heard on the Facebook page something about Phillip and Maleficent being mentioned on a French blog.

I really want Maleficent and Aurora but kinda wished they didn't do Phillip. I have the designer Aurora, Maleficent and plan on getting the Briar Rose/Phillip and the 17 inch Maleficent and Aurora but really don't care about a 17 inch Phillip especially if it looks as bad as the Eric. Not a fan of the male dolls tbf but at least in the designer sets you get the princess as well. But at the same time I don't want to not get Phillip as then I won't have a full set of LE/designer sleeping beauty dolls. I might be wrong though and if he's made he could look amazing, but if he's like Eric it's a bit annoying having to get him for the sake of having a full collection even if you don't like him lol feels like a waste of money.

Not looking forward to trying to get them tbh. Don't want to risk going online so got my friend to book the day off work to travel to a store. No idea how early people arrive at stores in the uk. If the stores open at 10, do people get their at like 5? Or am I panicking and that's too early?

For the UK I think you should go as early as possible for you. They're releasing Aurora, Philipp, Maleficent AND the Fairytale Cinderella all on the same day. Don't know what they were thinking, but I'm pretty sure 5 is not a bad idea (and my pessimistic self thinks even that might be too late?).
I think it's not possible to predict how many people will try to get these dolls anymore :-/ So if you REALLY want them, be willing to wait very long hours...at least this is what I would do if I wanted them as much as you want them.

I feel bad for people in the UK.
Because for example, what if the first person in line was only there for Cinderella, but then suddenly decided to get the rest?

Also, how are you gonna carry all four out of the store? You'd have to bring backup!

But worst of all, what if they enforce a limit of 2?
Like you can only get 2 of the four.

Which brings me to think.... That either we won't get 3 sleeping beauty LE dolls or the surprise ones will be online exclusives.

Last edited:
So Maleficent and Prince Phillip dolls have been officially confirmed! :D

But was the blue variant Aurora just speculation? No confirmation for her :(

I think blue aurora was just a speculation. I'm not after Cinderella and my friends going with me so should be able to carry Aurora, Maleficent and Phillip if he is being made. I just have no idea what to time to arrive! And I hate queuing up lol! I have read that some people turned up at 7:30 for the March frozen dolls and they got them but then other people at different stores queued at 5! I will go as early as possible to make sure I get them but don't want to be going hours earlier than needed.
If your from the uk can you let me know what time u turned up to the stores in March?

I am sure they wouldn't restrict UK customers from the edition/type of doll they wanted. But they would restrict the number of dolls of the same type. So you can't walk out with two Aurora's on the seventh. But for sure, you could potentially do TONS of damage to that poor credit card and get
a) Cinderella/Boyfriend
b) Aurora
c) Maleficent
d) Prince Phillip

Which may require a ride/taxi home! Seriously though - i don't think they'd actually enforce a limit on the dolls. Just a restriction on the quantity of the same type of doll. No doubling up (but maybe I'm wishful thinking').

Last edited:
No I think your right it's usually one of each you can buy, which is fine because why would you want to buy more than one of the same lol. It's good so that scalpers can only get one and not buy loads of the same one, but it doesn't work because if they really wanted to buy more than one then they would just bring family/friends to get them.

Hopefully someone from the Uk answer my question, is it always first come first served at the stores or do they sometimes do a Raffle? Or is the raffle just a US thing? And also with regards to queuing up over night, if the stores in a mall(Manchester Arndale) can you actually get into the mall or do you have to line up outside till the mall opens?

How do people keep themselves from not getting bored queuing up over night Jeeze I'm dreading it!

Usually when the Disney Store releases a "suprise" prince and villain doll, do they ever usually say what stores are getting them and what stores aren't? I am planning on ordering Maleficent online, but was considering maybe getting her at my store if she will be sold there. But then again, Cinderella releases the exact same day, so its going to be crazy at the stores.

It will be crazy online as well though with people trying or one of those dolls, the website will more thank likely crash. I'm going to the store and have someone try online at home for me. I assume the Maleficent and Phillip will be available wherever the Aurora is.

It will be crazy online as well though with people trying or one of those dolls, the website will more thank likely crash. I'm going to the store and have someone try online at home for me. I assume the Maleficent and Phillip will be available wherever the Aurora is.

Oh trust me I know its gonna be crazy online too :lol:. I am going to try my hardest to get her online, but I really hope I can get her with no problems. But do you think it would be smarter to try to get her in store? I may do what you are doing and try for her online and also try to get her in store later that day if it doesn't work out.

As always, Europe really got the short end of the stick when it comes to disney realeases, wow. Way too many dolls in one day. They certainly didn't learn from the last time, the site crashed due to two dolls (Anna & Elsa) and now they feel ready for 4 releases?! Somebody is ambitious.
Glad I have ordered everything from the US (even though the Danish site never crashed back in March as one of the only ones) and since I only collect princesses I think I will pass on Phillipe and Maleficent. Maybe depending on maleficent's design...

I would have liked it if disney store released a blue aurora instead of the pink one. The blue fabric with the gold embroidery would look very pretty

It's a shame that there won't be a blue aurora. But in a way it would be a rip off since they just "released" the pink aurora, and then release a doll that's exactly the same except for blue fabric, and possibly a El #. It it were to happen, it could work since people would feel like they need aurora, maleficent,and Philip, and then on top of that, a blue aurora just to complete their collection and not miss out on anything. But I'm not in the situation of buying anymore dolls for a while since pink aurora was my birthday present and that dried up my funds until December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back