• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
Why are you asking if it will be based on animated or live action. I'm pretty sure if an LE doll is released it will be live action accurate as that's the film its promoting and part of

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Because a limited edition doll could be released this October, to come out with the diamond edition of the animated sleeping beauty, so the doll could well be based off of the animated version. Either way I very excited to see what they come up with :)

I found this review video of the Royal Coronation Maleficent doll by Jakks pacific. She looks awesome and I am loving the head sculpt on her. Looks like a pretty good likeness to Angelina Jolie. Makes me want one even more now. I can't wait to see What the Disney Store version looks like and I really cant wait to see what Hot Toys version of Angies Maleficent looks like as Hot toys more times than not nails the sculpts on their figures often looking like a shrunken down version of the actor or actress. Link to review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1U-2XNQWk

Last edited:
I found this review video of the Royal Coronation Maleficent doll by Jakks pacific. She looks awesome and I am loving the head sculpt on her. Looks like a pretty good likeness to Angelina Jolie. Makes me want one even more now. I can't wait to see What the Disney Store version looks like and I really cant wait to see what Hot Toys version of Angies Maleficent looks like as Hot toys more times than not nails the sculpts on their figures often looking like a shrunken down version of the actor or actress. Link to review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1U-2XNQWk

Thanks for the link. I went back to my TRU and got Dark Beauty Maleficent and exchanged the coronation one for the two pack with Diaval. He's kinda so so but since that pack is the aame price as the coronation doll by itself, i said why not! Jakks did an amazing job with this line and I'm definitely looking to see how Hot Toys does Maleficent. Only problem is you have to wait longer almost a year to get it in hand.

I went to my toys r us to buy some Legos and this is what I found:
aqasunut.jpg
yqa5usy4.jpg
a2eruve5.jpg
5u3yhaju.jpg
7y3egu4a.jpg

Thoughts: these dolls could pass as Disney Store dolls. Incredible detail and likeness to the character.
The clothes are also well detailed for a doll that was released by Disney.
The detail in these just phenomenal. Coronation maleficent has gems painted on her lower lip and dival has scars on his face.
True, they could have worked on dival's neck
Better but the other details make up for it.

For the first time, Disney store dolls are not superior to the toys r us ones.

*clap*

Very nice! I really wanna run to my Toys R Us and pick up Coronation Maleficent now after seeing all the pictures and praise lol. The face on the Aurora dolls looks better than the Disney Store one, which is saying something.

These dolls look great. I hope my ToysRUs has them out when I go later tonight. I want to get both Maleficents. Most likely will pass on Aurora as I don't like her face on either version or the Disney Store one imo neither really looks like EllenFanning. Now I really can't wait to get the Disney Store version of Maleficent either. Will be getting 2 of those one to open and one to keep in box

Don't really think the coronation maleficent looks anything like Angelina and the the Aurora & Dival look awful! But do like the dark beauty Maleficent a lot! Wish the disney store would hurry up and release something.

I love the clothes that the maleficent dolls are wearing! I would get the Maleficent dolls just to put the clothes on my other disney dolls :p

Hopefully Monday will FINALLY be the release date for the Maleficent Disney Store merchandise. If not then I am gonna scream lol. At least we have stuff like the novelizations and the Toys R Us merchandise to hold us over :).

I was told by a cm either next week and the week after is when we'll see DS Maleficent goods. Definitely getting both dolls and while it's wishful thinking, I'd love to get a pin if not all of them from the pin set!

I got both Jakks pacific Maleficents tonight at Toys R Us and I love them they are so much nicer in person than the pictures have lead me to believe. I really hope that MOnday is the Day that Disney store puts up their stuff. for now I am happy with waht I got and going through Disneys Fb page and reading all the stupid comments from parents who are acting like children claimign their childs life is ruined because they donr have an Elsa doll. Seriously these parents need to displine their children teach them about supply and demand and that patients is a virtue. Oh and they need to stop acting like children themselves. I will say the comments are more than amusing to read though

Don't really think the coronation maleficent looks anything like Angelina and the the Aurora & Dival look awful! But do like the dark beauty Maleficent a lot! Wish the disney store would hurry up and release something.

I am stalking the Disney Store for updates but so far they are giving nothing away. I know they've had a lot of Star Wars activity and merchandise to coincide with today's date so I'm hopeful that will settle down and we'll get something in the UK. I just need to see what we have to look forward to

Can't be much longer now till the Disney Store Maleficent is online because someone's posted a photo on the limited edition doll Facebook page of them all in stock at the London Disney store! So you can now get them in stores at least In the UK! Unsure about other countries but can't be much longer till they are online.

Can't be much longer now till the Disney Store Maleficent is online because someone's posted a photo on the limited edition doll Facebook page of them all in stock at the London Disney store! So you can now get them in stores at least In the UK! Unsure about other countries but can't be much longer till they are online.

Yes!!! Best news I have all day! Thanks for sharing that with us! Now just gotta play the waiting game... if its not too much to ask, can you share that picture? Because I can't find it on their Facebook page.

I'm not sure how to post the image but if you scroll down it's on the Facebook page. They do kind of look like the Jakks ones but I prefer the packaging and outfits on the disney store ones. Hope they come online soon.

I'm not sure how to post the image but if you scroll down it's on the Facebook page. They do kind of look like the Jakks ones but I prefer the packaging and outfits on the disney store ones. Hope they come online soon.

i can't see it either. or maybe i'm not looking in the right places. not really familiar with the disney facebook pages and groups. D;

you can just click on the image, right click, and then it should give you the option of "view image". you should be able to see the image against a dark grey/black-ish background. then you just take the URL of that page and click here on the little photo of the tree (?) when you comment on something and post the photo. c: should work.

Thanks for uploading. I just couldn't find the picture anywhere on the Facebook page (knowing me I was probably on the wrong one). But this has me really excited! Now that I have seen a picture of Maleficent in store, she does look a lot like the Jakks Pacific doll, but the clothing and packaging are of much higher quality. Plus she comes with her staff which is an automatic plus. Aurora looks good from a distance so I am hoping she looks better in person as apposed to the pictures that were leaked online. If there are already dolls in this store then they should be online this week unless this particular Disney Store put them up earlier than they were supposed to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back