• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store doll images found

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store doll images found
Thanks, TheOtherSteve, for the new images. I actually saw the Snow White set in one of my local Disney Stores today. The Flynn and Rapunzel set looks really nice.

I Got My Mother Gothel 12'' Doll!

I finally got the new 12'' Mother Gothel doll, from one of my local Disney Stores. Thanks Shivatopia for the heads up that she was being sold in the LA area, so I called around after work, and the very first shop I called had her! LOL. And to make it extra nice, they currently have a $10 per doll promotion, for 2 or more dolls, which is also happening online. I will of course post some photos soon of her boxed and deboxed. She looks GREAT! :hsd:

I finally got the new 12'' Mother Gothel doll, from one of my local Disney Stores. Thanks Shivatopia for the heads up that she was being sold in the LA area, so I called around after work, and the very first shop I called had her! LOL. And to make it extra nice, they currently have a $10 per doll promotion, for 2 or more dolls, which is also happening online. I will of course post some photos soon of her boxed and deboxed. She looks GREAT! :hsd:

Always glad to lend a hand! :) I was almost going to go to my local Disney Store to see if Mother Gothel was there, but that store is so terrible when it comes to new products that I didn't. Maybe I'll take a gander this weekend. Mother Gothel is on my priority doll list for purchase so I can put her with my other villainous Disney ladies. I can't wait to see your pics of her!

OK, found a bus load of new images (most are plush), but here are the ones I thought might interest the group:

Flynn Rider & Rapunzel Set
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/201852?wid=240&hei=240&op_sharpen=1
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/201877-5?wid=800&hei=800&op_sharpen=1

Hmmmm... this is indeed the Tangled Celebration Doll set. I wrote a mini-review on this in the Doll Appreciation thread. It's a very nice doll set, and totally worth getting. Flynn's outfit in particular is 100 times nice than the regular play doll's clothes. I do hope that Disney re-releases it so more people can buy it if they missed out on it before!

Mother Gothel in Disney Store Displays

Here is the new 12'' Mother Gothel doll in the Disney Store displays, along with some other new releases, including Fairy Godmother, Charlotte, Genie and King Triton. They didn't have any of the other new releases that ElleB mentioned a few posts back, that are not yet available online.

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Including Mother Gothel! by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Mother Gothel and Rapunzel by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Rapunzel Wardrobe and Friends Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Here is the new 12'' Mother Gothel doll in the Disney Store displays, along with some other new releases, including Fairy Godmother, Charlotte, Genie and King Triton. They didn't have any of the other new releases that ElleB mentioned a few posts back, that are not yet available online.

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Including Mother Gothel! by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Mother Gothel and Rapunzel by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store New Doll Displays - Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Rapunzel Wardrobe and Friends Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Totally awesome! I think it's kind of funny how they put the "New Friends for Sharing" sticker on Mother Gothel, too. I would hardly consider her to be friendly to Rapunzel's best interests! :)

Yeah i just got my Mother Gothel Doll today as well! Went to my Disney Store and they were in stock with all the new products: Mother Gothel, Maximus, 3 Fairies from Sleeping Beauty, the 7 Dwarfs from Snow White, and the 3 sets of mini Dolls. They also had some journals, bags, and musical boxes like the ones from Disney Parks. Also bought Mushu and Pascal plushies, the sidekicks of my fav. princess, Mulan and Rapunzel ^.^ !

But I didn't see any limited edition statues. And is there any way you could give us a little hint on the surprise please, if I have to wait until March, I'll die hahaha.

Dang! If I had known Mother Gothel was making her way to the stores, I would have swung by a Disney Store today. Oh well. I made a trip to World of Disney and snagged myself a Wedding Rapunzel...about 15 left when I got there. Also gave in and purchased the Disney Parks Tiana...her dress is so much prettier than the DS version. ;)

Dang! If I had known Mother Gothel was making her way to the stores, I would have swung by a Disney Store today. Oh well. I made a trip to World of Disney and snagged myself a Wedding Rapunzel...about 15 left when I got there. Also gave in and purchased the Disney Parks Tiana...her dress is so much prettier than the DS version. ;)

You guys are so lucky that Mother Gothel is available in your area! I went to my local TDS today during my lunch break, and still nothing! I was going to make a trip into San Francsico, but my lunch break is not that long! :p From what I can tell, she's now shown up at least in Indiana, the Los Angeles area, and Chicago... it seems so random!

To borrow a line from Gothel: "Patience, boys. All good things to those who wait..." (It's kind of hard to follow that, though.)

Last edited:
Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing

Sequence of photos showing the deboxing of my recently purchased Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' doll.

She is a fully articulated play doll, with a great tightly curled head of jet black hair, an angular face with great big green eyes that have heavy eyelids with gold eyeshadow and red lips in a smirk. Her outfit consists of a crimson red satin dress with wide long sleeves, a matching full length red satin sash with gold trim, and a full length black satin cape. She has no jewelry and no underskirts, and is wearing dark raspberry purple high heeled shoes. She looks wonderfully menacing and beautiful, and is a very good representation of her movie character. She is a smaller and simplified version of the Disney Store Limited Edition 17'' Mother Gothel doll. She is a great looking doll.

She is sold exclusively by the Disney Store, and is not yet available online in the US. She is currently in a limited number of Disney Stores, but is making her way to all of them eventually. She is currently on sale for $10 if you buy 2 or more "classic" Disney 12'' dolls. She is a bit difficult to photograph, with her shiny dark red satin dress, full length shiny black satin cape, both folded flat, and shiny jet black hair in a massive hairdo. From the side you can see that she is rail thin, which is accentuated by the folds of her dress and cape. Her overall look reminds me of Dracula.

It was easier to debox her than most of the 12'' Disney dolls, since there wasn't a wire around her waist, or plastic fasteners in her head. There was just a single wire, around her ankles. There was a plastic collar around her neck. There were threads holding her hair against the backing. Finally there were a bunch of tiny plastic fasteners attaching her outfit to the backing and to itself.

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Plastic Front Removed by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Portrait Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - Backing Cut Open by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxing - On Backing - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Mother Gothel 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

As fabulously creepy as Mother Gothel (the character) is, her 12" play doll is a really good portrayal of her! It's kind of a shame that they really simplified her outfit and removed her earrings, though. I also would have been heartily impressed if they had given her the proper boots that she should have. I may just have to buy 2 Mother Gothel 12" dolls whenever she becomes available in my area: one to keep as she is and the other to remake her dress in my own way, complete with linings and trimmings with velvets and brocaded silks (if I can find the right fabric). :) What makes this doll so stunning to me is her face and hair. There is no mistaking that this is Mother Gothel!

Btw DRJ1828, I have been wanting to ask you this for a long time, where do you get the bases to display your Disney dolls??? I would like to get some because as you should already know, making the dolls stand on their own with those fragile heels is almost imposible.

Btw DRJ1828, I have been wanting to ask you this for a long time, where do you get the bases to display your Disney dolls??? I would like to get some because as you should already know, making the dolls stand on their own with those fragile heels is almost imposible.
I got them at Amazon.com. They are called Kaiser doll stands, and they come in various sizes and colors. I learned about them from reading one of Shivatopia's posts, and I'm very happy I got them. Here are a couple of links:

Kaiser Doll Stand 2201, Box of 12 - White Doll Stands for 11" to 12" small-waisted Fashion Dolls like Barbie

Kaiser Doll Stand 2501, Box of 12 - White Doll Stands for 12" to 18" Fashion Dolls and Action Figures

i sam someone saying something about limted staues. does someone knows more about it.

the other thing.

is is already anounced in belgium. i have no idea if i can tell here because belle told me that the usa stores don't have confirmation jet. don't know if this is called this way.

The limited edition statues are part of the 25th Disney Store World of Disney Anniversary line, I am not sure if all stores will carry this merchandise. I am not sure about the official release date either.

As well as for the other thing, we have not received any word on its release date or any pictures. I have asked our DM, and RM and they do not have any information on it either. I'm just guessing this thing will be available next month or in March? I am not even sure about how many will be available either :eek2:

BTW just out of curiosity, does the Belgium DS have pictures and/or ads for this?

i sam someone saying something about limted staues. does someone knows more about it.

the other thing.

is is already anounced in belgium. i have no idea if i can tell here because belle told me that the usa stores don't have confirmation jet. don't know if this is called this way.

Last edited:
The limited edition statues are part of the 25th Disney Store World of Disney Anniversary line, I am not sure if all stores will carry this merchandise. I am not sure about the official release date either.

As well as for the other thing, we have not received any word on its release date or any pictures. I have asked our DM, and RM and they do not have any information on it either. I'm just guessing this thing will be available next month or in March? I am not even sure about how many will be available either :eek2:

BTW just out of curiosity, does the Belgium DS have pictures and/or ads for this?

wich statues are it. wich characters.

have no idea if they have pictures of or ads. i live in the netherlands and it is a 1,5 hour drive so i only go if i no for sure they have something i have. they always kep things for me aside. i will ask her. let you know if they have.

thanks =)

wow that's a long drive! When I was in store, I saw that there was a Limited Edition Tinkerbell statue, as well as Limited Edition snowglobes, and ornaments. There was also a few journals and mugs. The mugs I saw are also available online, so is the reusable tote.

wich statues are it. wich characters.

have no idea if they have pictures of or ads. i live in the netherlands and it is a 1,5 hour drive so i only go if i no for sure they have something i have. they always kep things for me aside. i will ask her. let you know if they have.

Hi everyone, after stalking this board for the past few days and after reading disneycrazee's post that there are only 15 dolls left :anxious:, I finally decided to head on down to World of Disney and get myself a Wedding Rapunzel. When I got there, there were only 3 left, now there are only 2 :naughty: So I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone planning to get a Wedding Rapunzel this week. I don't know when they're restocking, but it seems that they'll most likely be sold out by the end of today.

Also, I was wondering, is this what the new Maximus doll looks like?

5861157803_683bb953b8_z.jpg

Hmmm... score one more for miscommunication between corporate TDS and their retail stores. If a product is really supposed to be withheld until a certain date, then all the stores should be going by the same policy. However, that does not seem to be what has been happening with these non-LE dolls and accessories. I can now report that the downtown San Francisco store received Mother Gothel this morning, and they were selling them. Luckily, my Mom was at the store today and asked one of the CMs if Mother Gothel was available, so she picked one up for me! So I'll be able to finally pick up my Mother Gothel this weekend from my Mom. More patience required, but at least I know I have one in hand! :) Thanks, Mom!

Went to my local Disney Store today (in Florida) and they had all the cool new stuff. :)

They had ONE Mother Gothel doll left.. I wanted it, but didn't get it because part of the box was damaged, and I would be keeping it for display so decided to wait until I could get one with a good box.

They had the new Maximus figure, the seven dwarves set, the new 3 fairies doll set, the mini-doll sets, as well as a good stock of all the other dolls currently out :) Also all the new plushes.

I asked a worker about the Wedding Rapunzel dolls, the first person I asked didnt' know they existed, the other girl she called over seemed to be very knowledgable about disney stuff but said there was no release date for the wedding Rapnuzels, but "this store will be the second store to get them after the store in Times Square". So fingers crossed they come in soon :)

So anyway, add FL to the list of early-release of all this stuff :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back