• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
The WDCC Maleficent is not exclusive to Disney Stores. It was available to authorised dealers for a couple of months now.

i complained and they emailed me to tell me i have the correct set when i know i have not, because i have the set thats showing on the website now. not happy!

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm getting REALLY frustrated! I ordered the set right when it came out at the end of July, but I didn't realize there was a problem until I saw the posts about it online last week. I've been calling the Disneystore.com's guest services number and was told they are working on a resolution, but today I called again and they told me the same thing; I have the correct set and this is just how they made them. I know my set is wrong and I'm really OCD so that's going to bother me A LOT. I tried to exchange it at my local Disney Store but they only had one with the wrong faces too. I'm going there to try again tomorrow, but if they don't have the correct one I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? What are the rest of you all who are having the same problem planning to do? I might try to call the guest services number but I'm afraid they will just keep telling me the same thing and I will have no way to show them the pictures to convince them that the faces are wrong.

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm getting REALLY frustrated! I ordered the set right when it came out at the end of July, but I didn't realize there was a problem until I saw the posts about it online last week. I've been calling the Disneystore.com's guest services number and was told they are working on a resolution, but today I called again and they told me the same thing; I have the correct set and this is just how they made them. I know my set is wrong and I'm really OCD so that's going to bother me A LOT. I tried to exchange it at my local Disney Store but they only had one with the wrong faces too. I'm going there to try again tomorrow, but if they don't have the correct one I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? What are the rest of you all who are having the same problem planning to do? I might try to call the guest services number but I'm afraid they will just keep telling me the same thing and I will have no way to show them the pictures to convince them that the faces are wrong.

i was told the same thing. they removed the correct set off the web site and put back on the incorrect faces set and i was told that i had recieved the correct set according to the website. so basically i think they are trying to get rid of the incorrect sets first. i am definatley not happy about this and emailed them several times and got no where!! :(

That is very frustrating. I wonder how long it will be until they start selling the corrected ones? I want one and my birthday is soon and my mom said she'd buy it for me but if it doesn't get corrected soon she won't be able to buy it!

Here is the new cinderella style, being official, as she will appear to " sofia the first, once upon a princess" in disney channel, in november. Thanks to the disney princess live journal .

358sb5k.jpg

I Noticed the singing doll uk version and US version have differents faces .... And shoes for rapunzel

Here is the new cinderella style, being official, as she will appear to " sofia the first, once upon a princess" in disney channel, in november. Thanks to the disney princess live journal .

358sb5k.jpg

Aww thanks for posting this! I saw the promo video and I love it, for the first time we'll have an actual "little" Disney princess! In addition to Cinderella, other characters will be in the movie are Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White. Princess Sofia is cute, when I first saw her without know who she was I thought "who's that? looks like Rapunzel if she was little and had brown hair (not blonde) or little princess Anastasia from Fox's animated movie 'Anastasia'??" Now I can't wait to see it with my daughter, I think we may have a new favorite little princess! lol I wonder if she'll be a new official little princess and if there will be a Disney Store Princess Sofia merchandise!! We'd love that!! :)

I Noticed the singing doll uk version and US version have differents faces .... And shoes for rapunzel

That's weird! Why would they make different dolls for different regions? I like the flats on the UK singing Rapunzel, but like the dress on the US Rapunzel one better. I wish the US one didn't have those ugly boots! :(

for Rapunzel, It seems they kept the same old face from the old singing doll rapunzel version.. Like they kept the doll but just changed the dress. I don't know for Tiana. Don't remember what the tiana 's old singing doll face looked like.

Nabbed some of the new dolls today - I received horrid service (to the point that I actually called in to complain about it, which I've never had to do).

Found the brown haired Wedding Rapunzel for a friend, and while she is cute my friend was very disappointed to find out just how cheap the dress is. Since it is a less expensive doll, we expected it to be less fancy.. but there are holes and nicks in the fabric ALL over, and dirt spots as well. Also picked up Periwinkle, who is adorable. I've washed her hair though, I don't like how it looked with all of the gel (and it still sticks up). Also picked up some ornaments, I'm liking the product assortments right now. I saw the new Cinderella set in person with the corrected Step Sister faces, and they certainly look better (I just can't get over how creepy I have always found the Prince Charming doll to be).

So they have the corrected ones in stores??? Cool! And I'm going to get the brown haired Rapunzel, but I'm gonna switch her dress out with the original release Rapunzel bride doll! Her dress is so detailed and beautiful! Thanks for the news, Selithiel!

Cinderella Doll Gift Set - Disney Store US - Stepsisters Refixed

Cinderella Doll Gift Set

Today (October 16, 2012) the US Disney Store, they have put up a new webpage with the Cinderella Deluxe Doll Gift Set. The stepsister's faces are once more fixed, that is they are now movie accurate after being swapped from the way they were before. The images are the same as they were the last time the sisters were fixed - between September 5, 2012 and September 16, 2012. The old images are still in the old webpage with a different product (item) code, so I suppose they are still selling the older set for now in addition to the new set.

Let's hope that the Disney Store will finally be selling the new corrected doll set, after a false start. I will not be buying this online, because of the previous snafu of selling the wrong set when the images were corrected. Instead I will wait until the new set is being sold in stores. Here is a screenshot of the new page:

Cinderella Doll Gift Set - Disney Store US Product Page Screenshot - Stepsisters Refixed - 2012-10-16 by drj1828, on Flickr

DRJ1828, it seems the Disney Store has removed the Cinderella Doll Gift Set entirely from the site! I'm sad, I wanted to buy it now that it's been fixed (supposedly)!

DRJ1828, it seems the Disney Store has removed the Cinderella Doll Gift Set entirely from the site! I'm sad, I wanted to buy it now that it's been fixed (supposedly)!
My store did not have any sets and of course did not know if they will get any more in. I also wanted the corrected set, so I hope they don't move on from Cinderella without putting the corrected version out. I also asked if there will be a holiday 12 inch doll but they did not have any information. I think they might have one because they issued one for Belle.

Here is a photo of the 12 inch Belle that was issued shortly after the 17inch limited edition Belle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049GHGPI/?tag=thebroketogra-20

The UK Disney Store have recently uploaded four different 'Princess and spouses' sets to their online store. Belle & The Beast, Rapunzel & Flynn (although I think this one has been around for a little while), Cinderella and Prince Charming (Same story as with Rapunzel's one) and Eric and Ariel can now be bought for about £25.00 per set as a duo. I have to admit I'm a little bit annoyed by them, especially with the Eric and Ariel one as they are both in outfits which I've been wanting for a while, but as I have the latest 12'' dolls already I don't really want to spend the money again on a new set of dolls. Shame we don't have the outfit packs as in the US. Especially the prince outfits are very hard to got hold off.

Here are the links to the other sets:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/beauty...y-and-the-beast-set/mp/52172/1000008+1000255/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/dolls-toys-rapunzel-and-flynn-romance-doll-set/mp/52266/1000255/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/dolls-toys-cinderella-and-prince-charming-set/mp/52246/1000255/

The LM set is cute and fashion packs are a great idea I don't know why we don't see more of them as they do in the US. I think I'll try and hold off on any LM purchase until next year ;)

The LM set is cute and fashion packs are a great idea I don't know why we don't see more of them as they do in the US. I think I'll try and hold off on any LM purchase until next year ;)

I think I'm going to do the same, if 2013 is going to be the celebration year of the Little Mermaid, then I assume the merchandising will be as spectacular as its been for Cinderella. it would be nice as well if Disney decided to bring back the Designer Collection Ariel, and an update for Eric would be nice as well. Guess I'm asking a bit too much. ;-) Anyhow off to the Disneystore this afternoon to hopefully get my hands on the Triton and Ursulla classic dolls. :)

These sets have been out in the UK for a fair few weeks now, I bought the Cinderella one a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know all the sets are new ones, as the previous Rapunzel and flynn set had rapunzel with short dark hair, but the new one she has long blonde locks. The Cinders set is also new as she is wearing a totally new wedding dress, although the prince looks the same as the standard one. I am hoping to get the Ariel and Eric set at some point too, dont think I will bother with rapunzel as I prefer the short haired version set that I already have, plus the Belle set I will pass on too as I dont really collect her as they never seem to get her dolls right in my opinion ;o)

The UK Disney Store have recently uploaded four different 'Princess and spouses' sets to their online store. Belle & The Beast, Rapunzel & Flynn (although I think this one has been around for a little while), Cinderella and Prince Charming (Same story as with Rapunzel's one) and Eric and Ariel can now be bought for about £25.00 per set as a duo. I have to admit I'm a little bit annoyed by them, especially with the Eric and Ariel one as they are both in outfits which I've been wanting for a while, but as I have the latest 12'' dolls already I don't really want to spend the money again on a new set of dolls. Shame we don't have the outfit packs as in the US. Especially the prince outfits are very hard to got hold off.

Here are the links to the other sets:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/beauty...y-and-the-beast-set/mp/52172/1000008+1000255/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/dolls-toys-rapunzel-and-flynn-romance-doll-set/mp/52266/1000255/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/dolls-toys-cinderella-and-prince-charming-set/mp/52246/1000255/

I'm thinking there will be a few Limited Editions, but I would like a more accurate Ariel face first (and a revamp for Eric too!). I'd rather have a special 12" Ariel in the 'emerging from the water' gown. Good luck with Ursula & Triton, I've held off getting them too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back