• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Piece of Disney Movies Pins! Share pictures of your finds! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of Disney Movies Pins! Share pictures of your finds! :)
Okay, so this is my first POMH pin as it was the first to fit one of my collections. Any tips on how to take a good picture of one?

I posted the below info a little while back on how I like to get pics of mine. Since then I have discovered the best spot in the house for getting pics of them is in the window seal of the kids playroom. haha The sun shines a lot on the bright white of so I just hold it above that and generally get good light over the full pin this way.

I am all over the house when trying to get pics of mine. Find a spot with some great light coming in, bright sun if you have it. Hold the pin over a light colored space (carpet/tile/paper) where the sun is hitting so it will bounce up through it. Set your camera on the macro (flower) setting and hold steady while you snap. Do not use your flash. :) If all else fails then just hold it in front of your computer screen with word pad open so it is all white behind the pin and snap that way. It is what I had to do with the last Cinderella one I posted b/c it was too dark to take it anywhere else. ;)

Here are a couple of mine that I still had on the computer uncropped to show you a little more.

took this one on a bright day just holding it right up the blue sky...lol

(before copping to share)

101_0252.jpg

and this one you see I am using the one spot the sun is hitting the siding on to reflect through the pin. :)

101_0260.jpg

Really? Where did you see them?

There were at Greetings and Fly n' Buy. After I bought mine a friend of mine said they pulled them from Fly n' Buy; they said they sold half of their allotment already! Last I heard there were 3 at Greetings when my friend left the parks today.

Oh wow! Thanks! I should have looked... Oh well.

OH! Can you tell us the scene please?

Here's the two I got today (sorry for the bad quality):
06f7936b.jpg

1536d653.jpg

These releases are seriously getting brutal. It literally came to push and shove (and yelling and foul language) today. Nobody needs a pin that badly...

These releases are seriously getting brutal. It literally came to push and shove (and yelling and foul language) today. Nobody needs a pin that badly...

That is REALLY sad. I am sorry for anyone who experienced that. There is absolutely no reason for things like that to be happening.

And sorry for the CMs--but if people are behaving this way, they need to have a CM watching it and kick out the troublemakers, which they totally have the right and power to do. They can and should call security if it's that much of a problem. There's NO excuse for people to behave badly. NONE.

Btw, the pictures posted above of the Peter Pan pins look like they have very nice film strip pictures, looking forward seeing what I end up with (hopefully just a pin and not a broken nose or something).

Maybe my files won't upload here, I'll have em up after a while.

I have Peter skiing on the swans, and Tink with Pixie Dust. Yes, I'm very happy with them!

Attachments

• P1000165.jpg
    P1000165.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Hey guys! Will post my pics soon. Just wanted to say that there weren't very many Tinks at Magic Kingdom or EPCOT. I mainly saw Nana, Wendy, Michael and background scenes. A cast memeber was nice enough to open a couple of back stock bags at EPCOT(Which was all he had. I'd say around 20 pins). There was only one Tink scene and only two with Peter. At Magic Kingdom, I was there at opening, there was no Tink or Peter. The CM was not willing to help me with the backstock. After lunch I went back and a different very nice CM opened two more backstock bags and I was able to find another Tink. I know so many of you are looking for her and I don't need both. I would love to help someone out if they could trade me a Snow White. PM me if you are interested. Good luck everyone. I hope you guys did better at Disney Land. I'm going to try to go back later this week and see what I can find. I just feel so bad, because so many people are going to be disappointed.

I totally agree... I literally saw a grown women who essentially acted like a 3 year old and threw a temper tantrum because no one would let her see any of the scenes.

Most of the scenes at DLR were of Nana which aggravated most people (not me, Nana was the character I wanted ;-), LOL). Despite it being a stressful release I was able to get the MOST adorable Nana.

Peter-Pan-PODM-1.png

Was it a younger woman with her hair pulled back in a pony tail? We saw her throw a tantrum at Disneyland - Pin traders and then at LGM a little later.

We looked at the pins (all of Nana the dog) and decided to move on to get away from her.

Ooooh! I got a very cute Nana too. I love Disney dogs and she is so precious. I can't wait to post. It was very low key at WDW(at least at MK and EPCOT). I spoke to a very nice gentleman who nicely asked a CM if he could see the back stock because he was looking for Hook and then he helped me look for Tink. So sorry everyone had such bad experiences. Sounds horrible! They definitely enforced two per guest(which was all I could afford anyway!!!!).

06f7936b.jpg

1536d653.jpg

Nice Tinker Bell. I think that is right before John (I think) picks her up to sprinkle pixie dust on Nana.

And that Wendy is when she was flying right over the water which is why she is sideways?

Last edited:
06f7936b.jpg

1536d653.jpg

VERY NICE pins, Ashley!! :bigthumb: Seeing the Tink pin is killing me though. From what I'm hearing happened at DLR, I'm not holding out hope of getting one though (despite Crystal's best efforts). We shall see though...:x:

If you watch the You Can Fly scene in the movie there are very few images of Tinker Bell. So she is definitely few and far between I think.

Whew...what a day! First we went to Downtown Disney...they had plenty of pins but most of them were of Nana, Michael, pixie dust, and flying shadows. A CM told me a ton of people had been in already and two guys bought all of the Tinks earlier in the day. :( I bought these two in case I couldn't find anything I liked better: (Sorry for the bad pics I took them quickly with my phone :))

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_Nana.jpg

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_NanaFlyingShadows.jpg

Then we went to Epcot...again no Tinks...but I found two of Wendy:

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_WendyFlying.jpg

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_WendyCloseUp.jpg

I wasn't giving up yet so we went to Animal Kingdom. Everything on the racks was picked over, but a really nice CM let me look through all of the packages they had in the back and I found these three:

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_PeterSwans.jpg

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_TinkFlying.jpg

Pins_POMH_PeterPan_TinkFlyingHands.jpg

All are for trade except one (I just can't decide which one yet!) so if you see any you are interested in send me a PM. :) I am also still looking for a Snow White and Cinderella but only really want them if they have Snow White and Cinderella in the frames...they don't have to be amazing but I still want them in the frames.

I like the scenes others have got so far! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back