• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTN Elsa 1 per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the official blog writeup for the event. Also, they will be using wristbands for this release.

http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/blog/disney-trading-night-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort/

Pins: The Walt Disney World® Resort Pins Trading Night will feature Elsa from the Disney animated film, Frozen and Jessica Rabbit from the Disney animated film,Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The Elsa pins will be limited one per Guest. Please note: Wristband Distribution guidelines will apply.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's nice more people will be getting the pin, I guess, but for those of us that wanted a keeper and a trader, this blows. Especially for those of us that fly solo to stuff like this. If PTNs were still Friday, my husband would have gotten off early for me, but with them on Tuesdays now, there's no chance of me bringing anyone.

On the upswing, maybe I can sleep in just a little now...

sad news indeed for those of us hoping to trade for Elsa
Well that just made Anna for Elsa swaps harder :(
I guess they didn't like how things went down at the Anna release.

+1. Harder to trade, and now the prices for Elsa will probably increase.

I for one am happy they are doing this myself.. this is the way they should have stick to doing for Anna,

I don't agree. The reason for 2 per person has always been you get one for yourself and one to trade. The majority of the people who got 2 - that are here on the forum, at least - got 2 for that specfic reason. To have 1 to trade for Elsa. If they had changed it to 1 per person, then it wouldn't have hurt the sharks (who brought 18 people with them). It would've hurt the normal traders, who need the extra to trade for Elsa.

Now, those with an extra Anna will either sell it to get money to buy Elsa, or trade it for a non-Elsa pin. And those who get Elsa will only have the 1 for their collection (unless they're able to bring another person or more people with them, who don't collect Frozen, and are willing to give/sell/trade their Elsa pins) and won't have an extra Elsa to trade.

So, I wonder if WDW will actually get the wristband system right this time- they never seem to know what to do with them. Last time, we stood outside all day, then they put them on us an hour or two before we were suppose to walk in.

If we all line up early, I would hope they would slap them on us and tell us to come back, or sell the pins right away like DLR did (they won't- they like selling them during the PTN). But I have a feeling that for us at WDW, it won't just be an early line-up, but an all-day wait, as well.

If they had changed it to 1 per person, then it wouldn't have hurt the sharks (who brought 18 people with them). It would've hurt the normal traders, who need the extra to trade for Elsa.

Bingo! I mean, yeah, the sharks will have a lot, no matter what. But the prices will spike higher now, and those of us who just wanted one to trade are SoL.

So, I wonder if WDW will actually get the wristband system right this time- they never seem to know what to do with them. Last time, we stood outside all day, then they put them on us an hour or two before we were suppose to walk in.

If we all line up early, I would hope they would slap them on us and tell us to come back, or sell the pins right away like DLR did (they won't- they like selling them during the PTN). But I have a feeling that for us at WDW, it won't just be an early line-up, but an all-day wait, as well.

PTN releases are different for DLR and WDW. DLR always sells them at DTD Pin Traders as soon as the shop opens in the morning(usually 8am). They never sell the pin at the event. We got our wristbands at 7am and they led us in to start selling at 8am.

You're right though, WDW should just sell them right in the morning instead of at the event because who wants to hassle a big line to buy one pin when you'd rather go around and trade.

Well the whole point of doing one character at each park is so people can trade. This just makes it so much harder for people to trade. :anxious:

For those of us that are having to drive long distances for the release and have already reserved a room on property for several days, this suddenly became very costly compared to being able to have the opportunity to get several pins. I had planned on one for our collection and promised my extra to a friend at cost. Now, I hope to get ours and will be looking to trade for another to give to my friend. It would have been cheaper to just buy them on the secondary market.. Not trying to complain or moan, just saying is all....
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's nice more people will be getting the pin, I guess, but for those of us that wanted a keeper and a trader, this blows. Especially for those of us that fly solo to stuff like this. If PTNs were still Friday, my husband would have gotten off early for me, but with them on Tuesdays now, there's no chance of me bringing anyone.

On the upswing, maybe I can sleep in just a little now...

It sounds like everyone in this thread was able to pick up 2 Annas. We seem to be forgetting the sheer amount of people in line who were turned down because most people doubled up. Many many many people were upset because they didnt get an Anna pin. While it does suck that I won't be able to simply exchange one of my Anna pins for Elsa, it does help spread the wealth and give more new, up and coming collectors a chance to own a frozen pin without blowing up their wallets.

It sounds like everyone in this thread was able to pick up 2 Annas. We seem to be forgetting the sheer amount of people in line who were turned down because most people doubled up. Many many many people were upset because they didnt get an Anna pin. While it does suck that I won't be able to simply exchange one of my Anna pins for Elsa, it does help spread the wealth and give more new, up and coming collectors a chance to own a frozen pin without blowing up their wallets.

I don't think we were forgetting them, but it's very odd that the people that were #400 (or even #425) didn't look at the line ahead of them and figure they wouldn't be getting a pin. Had I been in that line past #400, I would have gone up and asked a cast member inside the store whether it was one per person or two per person and, finding out that it was two per person, would not have waited around any longer.

I can understand where you're coming from, and being a new trader myself, I would appreciate having an equal opportunity to acquire these pins, at cost and of my own volition. As it turns out though, the argument here (I believe) is that Disney ALREADY set the expectation that customers will have the rights to TWO pins. To renege on that expectation is severely disappointing. Places like Apple--which are on the same plane as far as customer service--take setting expectations VERY seriously; if the customer was told one thing and then presented a different solution all together, that's not on the customer. That's on the business. Therefore, Disney is not looking too good now to people (like the aforementioned user who booked a hotel) who were looking forward to acquiring their expected two pins.

Just including my two cents. :/ I know now that whatever pins I had originally intended to trade are going to be that much harder to let go of.

Our reservations require cancellation 30 days out or loss of one nights deposit. I am having a friend meet there and have a "girls weekend", no matter. We will make the most of the vacation but we are still disappointed with the change. It is keeping us from helping some other pin friends who might have a lot of difficulty getting them now.

maybe this wont work, since you are having your girls weekend, but maybe change the reservation to 40 days out, and then call back and cancel in a day or two?

I feel bad for those of you only getting 1 Elsa pin, but at the same time, I feel good for the 375 of you who would otherwise not get one and actually want one and aren't just getting it to sell but to keep for your personal collection.

Now...if only they had a time machine for us who got screwed at Disneyland...

I went to the Anna release and really wanted one just for my collection but sadly didn't get one. It would've been nice if it was one per person so more collectors could have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back