• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTN Elsa 1 per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTN Elsa 1 per person.
It would've been nice at the Anna PTN (and future releases), if Disney limited it to 2 children (over the age of 4) per 1 adult, so if 1 adult had 10 children with them, they could only get maximum 6 pins and not 22. If a group has 10 children, they should have 5 adults with them. I've seen some of the sharks bring extra children of all ages (from baby to teenager) just for the head count, but if they're paying the children (or the children's parents) OR if they're not, there are child labor laws OR babysitting/daycare restrictions on child:adult ratios. It makes me wonder if the Anaheim police had actually started questioning the kids in line, if they could've gotten the sharks for misdemeanors or fines.

I think the main problem is not that Elsa is 1 per person, but that Anna was 2 per person. The main reason being now people in CA who missed out on Anna feel cheated since she wasn't 1 per person and people in FL who only get 1 Elsa can't trade their extra for an Anna. However, those who got 2 Annas can sell 1 Anna and then have most of the cost for an Elsa. So really, the only winners out of this whole scenario are those who got at least 2 Annas and even then it's not perfect cause they have to fork out more for Elsa.

Honestly, even though I'm in NJ, I was considering driving down (yes, 16 hours) and $150 1-way to FL and offering pickups as I drove down to bring a bunch of people to the release and hopefully nab a few Elsas for some east coast traders who weren't so close but if it's 1 per person, there is no way I'm heading down.

It would've been nice at the Anna PTN (and future releases), if Disney limited it to 2 children (over the age of 4) per 1 adult, so if 1 adult had 10 children with them, they could only get maximum 6 pins and not 22. If a group has 10 children, they should have 5 adults with them. I've seen some of the sharks bring extra children of all ages (from baby to teenager) just for the head count, but if they're paying the children (or the children's parents) OR if they're not, there are child labor laws OR babysitting/daycare restrictions on child:adult ratios. It makes me wonder if the Anaheim police had actually started questioning the kids in line, if they could've gotten the sharks for misdemeanors or fines.

What parent, would allow their child to wake up at nothing o'clock in the morning to help someone buy a pin?

It would be nice if they handed the wristbands out at a decent time, so we could just leave and come back later, but with previous wrist bandings, they don't do it until the very last hour or so. It will still be a long wait. Sighhhhh, not how I really wanted to spend my birthday. At least I know I'll probably get a Jessica...LOL

They make kids do this?! This puts me off even more with these pins. Ridiculous

One of the groups in front of me had 3 kids, oldest couldn't have been more then 5, and when I got to the line a little after 4:30, they were all drinking a soda...then midway through, about 5:30 or so, one of the kids was complaining he was hungry so mommy gave them a bag of Fritos hot Cheetos....

sad thing is they didn't end up getting an Anna pin ether

im surprised the police were not there. just the traffic alone was crazy.

What parent, would allow their child to wake up at nothing o'clock in the morning to help someone buy a pin?
all the parents

They make kids do this?! This puts me off even more with these pins. Ridiculous
Yup. a lot of them do.

One of the groups in front of me had 3 kids, oldest couldn't have been more then 5, and when I got to the line a little after 4:30, they were all drinking a soda...then midway through, about 5:30 or so, one of the kids was complaining he was hungry so mommy gave them a bag of Fritos hot Cheetos....

sad thing is they didn't end up getting an Anna pin ether
lol, awesome parenting.

the best i saw was 2 little girls (maybe 5-7) asking why they were there and how they wanted to go back to bed.

<----- Called it lol.

I have to say though, I do not feel even a teeny tiny bit sorry for those of you sitting on TWO Anna pins and feeling sorry for yourselves that you won't be able to get the Elsa easily. Oh poor you, you will have to over pay or over trade to get ONE Elsa pin. Meanwhile the vast majority of collectors, myself included, got ZERO Anna's and will likely be in the exact same boat again for this one.

While people think that Elsa will be more expensive because of the one per person limit, I don't agree. I think that Elsa would be a more popular pin no matter what and the prices would reflect that. The prices asked for pins is dictated by #1 sharks asking ridiculous prices before pins are even released, #2 fake ebay statistics set by scamming sellers manipulating a system that can show something selling for X but simply canceling the auction and not paying fees and #3 what the market will bear aka what buyers are willing to pay.

People that were holding onto Anna in hopes of trading for Elsa will now end up over trading to get it and if you all try to dump the Anna pins the prices will plummet. The number of pins in sharks hands may or may not be reduced because there seems to be a never ending supply of children and unemployed people to attend these releases. Those sharks do not want your trades so I suggest you start getting your wallets ready to experience what the rest of us non locals to the park have been dealing with for years.

Its disgusting to see the latest edition of a pity party thrown by the most entitled collectors ever!! Any collector that is lucky enough to have a sizable percentage of their collection purchased at cost should never, ever, ever, EVER complain that they can't get yet one more pin at retail prices!! Its crazy because even so called "collectors" will buy two pins and sell the extra one for as much money as possible, even to other collectors on this forum or Facebook etc. So they are actually sitting on a collection that they essentially got FOR FREE!! It's like hearing rich people complain that the mansions are so big that they get lost so they will have to give everyone gps watches to get around, while homeless people would sleep in a closet and be greatful.

Awww poor you, you will now have to sell your EXTRA Anna pin that your at cost for a MASSIVE PROFIT and will have to pay what the rest of of lowly peons have been ponying up for years. Or GOD forbid, go without it just like soooooooo many of us. Mind you, you will still be getting it for far less than others, you paid $15.95 for a pin you will sell for more than five times that and the roll that profit into Elsa....I still can't seem to feel sorry for you.

Now if they would only make the line draw numbers it would start to approach a fair shot.

@ Those that didn't know about the child pimping that goes on at major releases, look back through the Anna PTN release threads....there are pictures of this going on and several sharks "borrowed" friends and family's kids just to mule pins for them.

Disgusting.

<----- Called it lol.

I have to say though, I do not feel even a teeny tiny bit sorry for those of you sitting on TWO Anna pins and feeling sorry for yourselves that you won't be able to get the Elsa easily. Oh poor you, you will have to over pay or over trade to get ONE Elsa pin. Meanwhile the vast majority of collectors, myself included, got ZERO Anna's and will likely be in the exact same boat again for this one.

While people think that Elsa will be more expensive because of the one per person limit, I don't agree. I think that Elsa would be a more popular pin no matter what and the prices would reflect that. The prices asked for pins is dictated by #1 sharks asking ridiculous prices before pins are even released, #2 fake ebay statistics set by scamming sellers manipulating a system that can show something selling for X but simply canceling the auction and not paying fees and #3 what the market will bear aka what buyers are willing to pay.

People that were holding onto Anna in hopes of trading for Elsa will now end up over trading to get it and if you all try to dump the Anna pins the prices will plummet. The number of pins in sharks hands may or may not be reduced because there seems to be a never ending supply of children and unemployed people to attend these releases. Those sharks do not want your trades so I suggest you start getting your wallets ready to experience what the rest of us non locals to the park have been dealing with for years.

Its disgusting to see the latest edition of a pity party thrown by the most entitled collectors ever!! Any collector that is lucky enough to have a sizable percentage of their collection purchased at cost should never, ever, ever, EVER complain that they can't get yet one more pin at retail prices!! Its crazy because even so called "collectors" will buy two pins and sell the extra one for as much money as possible, even to other collectors on this forum or Facebook etc. So they are actually sitting on a collection that they essentially got FOR FREE!! It's like hearing rich people complain that the mansions are so big that they get lost so they will have to give everyone gps watches to get around, while homeless people would sleep in a closet and be greatful.

Awww poor you, you will now have to sell your EXTRA Anna pin that your at cost for a MASSIVE PROFIT and will have to pay what the rest of of lowly peons have been ponying up for years. Or GOD forbid, go without it just like soooooooo many of us. Mind you, you will still be getting it for far less than others, you paid $15.95 for a pin you will sell for more than five times that and the roll that profit into Elsa....I still can't seem to feel sorry for you.

Now if they would only make the line draw numbers it would start to approach a fair shot.

@ Those that didn't know about the child pimping that goes on at major releases, look back through the Anna PTN release threads....there are pictures of this going on and several sharks "borrowed" friends and family's kids just to mule pins for them.

Disgusting.

I like this, a lot! If we were on Reddit, I would give you gold.

I became interested in pin trading last year and joined here in November. I had no idea how crazy this all really is. Once the Elsa window came out, that really done it for me. I will try and get an LE Elsa of some kind (not the window) maybe a year or two from now. They can keep their $300 pins that cost $15.

Last edited:
I've got to say, I also agree with Molly, as I usually do. I realize that maybe what she says may come across as a little harsh sometimes and not so diplomatic but I think she is 100% spot on. You're not an attorney IRL, are you, Molly? ;)

I feel very fortunate that I collect neither Rapunzel or Frozen pins and feel badly for those of you who do and do not have access to Disney Ghiradelli-whatever-they-are -calling-it now.
I like this, a lot! If we were on Reddit, I would give you gold.

I became interested in pin trading last year and joined here in November. I had no idea how crazy this all really is. Once the Elsa window came out, that really done it for me. I will try and get an LE Elsa of some kind (not the window) maybe a year or two from now. They can keep their $300 pins that cost $15.

lol, i need to stop being so passive in my posts.

i agree with heatherfeather about agreeing with molly.

and just my two cents. i don't think this is a bad thing necessary. i guess it might become rarer if collectors are just allowed one and keep it in their collection, but elsa is going to be popular no matter what. and that's with most of the merchandise. so swaps for elsa would have been difficult anyway if someone could get anna for cheaper and then use elsa for a higher end rare trade.

if there was an unlimited supply, sure, 2 pins, however many pins you want.

but this is limited, yes? so now at least a wider amount of people will be getting the pin, not just those who will set it aside or possibly go into the hype thing and list it for a particular price.

it will be expensive, it will be hard to trade for, it's elsa. i think frozen proved that searches for things are not supposed to be easy. this is a bumpy bandwagon.

for those who this is bothering, let's all chill...? <3

Last edited:
Preach it molly. sure many people may hate you for that But who cares there is no person on the forum. that is loved by every single body right?

Face it folks Elsa is 5 times more wanted in the Frozen world so therefore she was not going to be a cheap pin either way.. you just gotta Learn to accept that,

I agree with Molly as well, all you who bought the pins and are selling for more than the price good luck, I can see a very little mark up but what you are asking is just @@@@ nuts.

Those of us that do not live near the parks are at your mercy, but there are some who will help those of us out and not charge arms and legs. I had asked for help well did not get one response, except for the Cheshire cat pin that another member here got me at a reasonable price as well.

So I say good luck to all of you that have extras to sell,

Wow Molly! Way to read my mind and say exactly what I was thinking. I completely agree with you and respect your bravery to put it so bluntly! PREACH!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
jenn73 said:
Although is sucks for people wanting an extra for a trader, at least more people will get 1 for themselves :D

I agree. I dont have sympathy for those who are complaing. At least you get to buy 1 at retail. More or less 2? Please.

Doesn't everyone who goes to the event have a chance to buy at retail?

Well the pins are limited edition of 750 - so only that many. There will be people who go out I am sure that will not end up getting one cause they will run out. Not as fast as with Anna obviously because the amount of people who will get to to them will double because of it being limited 1 to a person.

Thank you guys for the support lol. While people seem to either love me or hate me around here, it is usually based on their association with pin flipping. Those that gouge fellow collectors tend to think I suck and those being gouged tend to agree with my general belief that it sucks to be on the receiving end of that stick.

As there are so many more of us than them you would think that it would be a much more vocal subject but for reasons best known to those that keep quiet it's not. I do not hate people for trying to make money, we all need it to survive after all, I just was particularly rubbed the wrong way seeing people complain about not getting one more pin at cost or in all honesty for free, when so many of is have never or may never know what it's like to get LE pins at cost. Yes some people will do park pickups at cost (but 99% of those people get a discount ranging from 10-20% and they pocket that) but NEVER offer those LE pins at cost. Oh and before anyone tries to call me out on this I do sell LE pins at cost whenever I can get them at cost. All of my extra Maleficent VIP pins were sold to other members at cost and when I am at the park and can get them I do that then as well. Yes I understand limits and blah blah blah but the fact of the matter is that instead of helping someone out with the extras the majority of them are sold at the set shark prices. Again I get it, fully understand it but if don't have to like it.

The cries of "I can't afford to do that"....save it. If you can't afford to sell something for what you paid for it, you are by definition SHARKING/FLIPPING PINS!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are not stressing themselves too much about Elsa. In the end the choices will be to either pay up or pass...good luck!

Don't get Frozenmania, it's going around. I should know my daughter caught it months ago and can't shake it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both sides of this argument are equally annoying with the complaints about this pin. You want to collect frozen either put in the time or the money or don't collect it. It's basically the same complaints I've heard for years about tangled but now it's twice as frequent. Unlike tangled.... Frozen has never been reasonable in price for its merch. So everyone who collects it knew what they were getting themselves into. I'm saying this as both a tangled and frozen collector. If you can't stand the prices and are expecting cost for everything you are gonna be absolutely miserable in this hobby. I've been doing this for 5+ years. The hobby has changed... Whenever a new pin comes out I don't whine and complain about ever release and how I'm going to get it for cost, I sit down think about how much I like the pin, what is a comfortable number I value the pin at and what pins in my traders are of equal value to me and I get down to work finding a reasonable trade or sale within a price range I feel comfortable with. If you can get your entire collection for cost good for you but for reasonable people this is the way of the hobby and this is how the fundamentals of trading works. Good luck to you all looking for handouts and expecting things to be given to you without putting in some work yourself or expecting Some mark up for peoples time and efforts. ( not saying it's okay to mark up pins 300 times what it's worth but some mark up should be expected.) this is how I feel. I'm hoping to get this pin as soon as I decide what I feel is fair for it. I don't need to rush to have this pin cause patients pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back