• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTN Elsa 1 per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTN Elsa 1 per person.
I hope some people can manage to still get more then one Elsa. I was looking forward to making a swap to have one of each for my collection but if I can't get it looks like I'll just be trading all my ptns away. :/

I don't care what FL traders/flippers/resellers want to charge for it. I want three of them. It's just money after all. There isn't any grand conspiracy theory going on. Ya'll trippin'

Good luck to you all looking for handouts and expecting things to be given to you without putting in some work yourself

Ummm wow. I haven't seen one person asking for "handouts"...well that not true, I have seen people in this hobby with collections worth THOUSANDS of dollars begging for gas, grocery and rent money without ever considering selling their "precious" However not a single post that asked for Elsa for free!

My my comment was that it was very difficult for me to sympathize with people who found out that they could not merely trade their SECOND retail priced (or less) Anna for the Elsa pin. Anyone new to collecting pins is met with MAJOR sticker shock, I have yet to meet a new collector that was not horrified when they realized that in order to buy any of the cooler LE pins they would have to sell one of their kidneys. It's like eating mushrooms and LOVING it, you think you will go buy some and will be happy everyday for the rest of your mushroom eating life! Well when you find out the mushrooms were actually Truffles and that the entire truffle supply has been purchased and is now controlled by a handful of people who can/do charge whatever they think they can get.....it seriously sucks. Well that person and the new collector face the two outcomes discussed above, overpay because you really want those truffles and would, in the words of a certain prince HOOK FOR TRUFFLES, or you go without and just dream about them, cry about them, complain about the prices and ultimately stop shopping at the truffle store/leave the hobby.

I know now for a fact that we lose more hopeful new collectors than we retain. Those that do stay either have sizable discretionary income, to support the hunger..umm habit, stick to a very strict pin buying budget, live close enough to buy at cost, make enough flipping the extras to support their collection to drive from a distance or simply go without most if not all of the high end LE pins. I have seen this forum shoo out so many people because they did not conform to the socal/Orlando mentality that it makes me sick.

My first posts here were me saying that this was a "100% back alley eBay full of sellers dodging fees" and not the true "collectors forum" that I had been looking for. You can imagine how that sat in a forum essentially overrun by the very people I was complaining about. Once I was able to accept the harsh facts about the way things work in this hobby, I was able to meet or witness some of the greatest people and the most selfless acts of kindness I have ever seen in my life. I'm very happy that I stuck it out and I hope that the newbies coming through will be able to hang as well. In my other hobbies, member forums FORBID resellers from posting, DPF was at that time anyway populated with both seasoned resellers and hopeful newcomers that stuck together and supported the act of sharking. Most people that were around back then can attest that there are far fewer sales threads than there were even six months ago here. Sellers are now using facebook or other methods to dodge eBay fees and the few people that are known resellers/presellers left here are plagued with 1* threads. I also don't think it's a coincidence that this forum has also slowed down to a near crawl with several areas going DAYS without even one page rolling. That was not the case a year ago. Less posts in general, less active members and of course fewer sellers. A lot of this is due to the ever growing dictator type of control being exercised but that's a whole nuther thread.

I do not begrudge ANYONE pins at cost, if you are fortunate enough to be able to do that, good for you. However being in that position does not make you any better than the next guy and unfortunately a lot of people seem to think it does and treat people in a nasty fashion because of it. I could live down there for far less than what it costs to live up here but I could never see that happening and certainly not for pins.

I do not hate all resellers. I understand the laws of supply and demand and I not only accept it as a reality, I support the practice on a regular basis. I understand that people need money and if there wasn't soooo much dirty crap that goes on with pin flipping I would be more accepting of the practice. I do pay resale prices for pins that I or my daughter want badly as well as some for gifts or zaps for other people. I buy from resellers on this board as well as a select few from eBay and I do not think they are bad people, just people that need the money. I will NEVER buy from someone that I know uses their children, cheats, lies or breaks rules to get them but without people speaking out about it we would never know the lengths that people are going to down there for pins. As there is a list of eBay seller to avoid being compiled there should also be a sharks/flipper list of known scumbags to avoid buying from as well. The sooner people start calling out other people for this kind of thing, the sooner collectors stop their cash flow and they ultimately find another hustle to support them.

In the end I genuinely do not hate people, do not expect nor demand ANYTHING for free or even at cost. I also do not want to be associated with a community that values people so little and money so highly that they will endanger their own and others children to get pins! I received my first ban here for completely losing my mind after reading that DPF members were SLEEPING IN A FILTHY, PISSY, VAGRANT OASIS ALLEY IN DOWNTOWN HOLLYWOOD WITH THEIR CHILDREN so they could buy pins at cost!! They were defended for doing it and it was described as being the same thing as "camping" or that the kids wanted to be there (stuck in an alley for DAYS, sure all kids want to do that) or that it was none of my business. Ummm what? Thankfully DSF finally after several incidents, a stabbing included and many, many, many complaints to the police, Disney and DSF, got it together and implemented the random drawing and wristband releases.

People still take their kids out of school for DSF but they are no longer forced to sleep in the alley or parking lot so that's at least something right? Clearly there is a segment of the population that needs protecting from themselves, mainly children IMHO but when we as a pin collectors are clumped into a group that is called out for trashy behavior and or straight up child abuse...It's not good. As a mother the quickest way to set me off is to show me a child being used and abused and yes rah includes forcing kids to mule pins because you are too lazy to work!! Had I been around to see the video of mr. Peanut holding a baby while smoking weed...I would have gotten a lifetime ban as well. I would have then devoted any and every possible second of my life getting CPS to rescue those kids. How people stand by in silence I will never understand.

Pin collecting is a wonderful hobby and I currently have more positive than negative experiences and I hope it stays that way. If anything I have said hurt anyone's feelings,(sans the child abusers) that was not my intention and I apologize.

I seriously HATE FROZEN sig here.

Last edited:
Molly... only an act of true love can thaw your frozen heart.
If you lived with an 11/12 year old that thinks FROZEN is the only movie, music, toy, sheets, posters and every single other piece of merch available, you might change your mind. Blech.

Not hating on people that like it, just want to stab myself in the ears. Only a California kid could romanticize snow. Blech again.

Ummm wow. I haven't seen one person asking for "handouts"...well that not true, I have seen people in this hobby with collections worth THOUSANDS of dollars begging for gas, grocery and rent money without ever considering selling their "precious" However not a single post that asked for Elsa for free!

lol xD that reminds me of sooooooooooooooo many people its kind of sad.

My mom just made a joke on how people will starts bringing their babies to pin releases claiming that their baby has a credit card and wants to "buy" the pins so they can get extras xD rofl

Last edited:
Thankfully DSF finally after several incidents, a stabbing included and many, many, many complaints to the police

Let's be very clear before people gasp in shock and name sling CA collectors again. The stabbing was not in any way related to DSF or a pin release. It was a crazy homeless person that stabbed and killed a tourist. Very sad, but unrelated to pins.

You forgot to mention the various shootings just blocks away from DSF on Hollywood BLVD. Or the fist fight over PODMS. Or the CPS being called about kids with lukemia sleeping in a cold dark alley against their will. Ok, well the first two are true and the last one was skewed. Yes she had lukeima, but it wasn't against her will.

werent the cops called during the last couple camp-outs? on someone from DPF??

Last edited:
Also, I disagree that Anna is not a fair trade for Elsa. Depending on how many family members or friends or employees you can drag to the pin release, everyone can acquire a different amount of Elsa pins. Just like I only got 2 pins at DLR because I was by myself. But some people *cough* brought cheerleading squads with them so they got 6, 8, 12 Anna pins. I don't understand why 1 per really changes it that drastically. Maybe a SLIGHT increase in difficulty, but not really. They are both LE750. The sharks will know what to do and how to get extras, it won't change that people will end up with multiples. And regardless of what you Florida people say, it is NOT NEARLY as difficult to get a pin at WDW than it is at DLR. DLR is in the middle of a 12million person strong metropolis and we have 800+ people show up regularly now for pins. It's stupid. Florida is no where near as chaotic. Elsa will not require camping on a sidewalk for 10 hours, it won't require police telling people to vacate the area all night, it won't require being threatened of getting your car towed, it won't require nearly as much hassle.

So I feel completely fine saying my Anna is worth your Elsa. There are enough selling the pin anyways that it will drop to the value of Anna. So everyone play this stupid new game where instead of trading with each other you each sell your pin on eBay and buy from each other. Give eBay 10% to drain value from the entire hobby. Good plan. Or better yet, let's put them up on Facebook groups or Instagrams and ask for more than they are listed for on eBay, because why would we lower our price when we don't have to pay eBay 10% now? Or have a thought to actually trade a LE750 girl from Frozen released in early 2014 for an LE750 girl from Frozen released in early 2014.

Easy Chroll, don't get a violation using usernames, even if you are correct and he "allegedly" pushed an infant in it's mother's arms because he thought the mother cut the line and everyone saw him do it but the cops didn't want to go through all the hassle and he was in hand cuffs in the back of the squad car for a while but let go eventually and was still let in to buy pins which he presold.

Easy Chroll, don't get a violation using usernames, even if you are correct and he "allegedly" pushed an infant in it's mother's arms because he thought the mother cut the line and everyone saw him do it but the cops didn't want to go through all the hassle and he was in hand cuffs in the back of the squad car for a while but let go eventually and was still let in to buy pins which he presold.

oops, I didnt realize I could get an infraction for putting the name. I edited my post. thanks for the heads-up.

I didnt remember what exactly "allegedly" happened; I just remembered reading about the cops showing up and even putting someone in the back of their car! but I think in the end... that person was allowed to stay in line and purchase pins.

What do you expect from...a Universal worker <_< You know what YoSoyAh!

tumblr_lhk8aaxX4g1qdlkgg.gif

but in all seriousness, I do disagree that Elsa will be worth the same as Anna just because of LE size. There are many pins that have same LE sizes from the same set but one goes for far more because of the character. In this case, it's pretty set in stone that Elsa is far more popular than Anna when it comes to Frozen (which says a lot because Anna by herself is quite popular).

I agree kupo. It's like I said elsa in terms of being popular beats both anna and olaf. (even though I care for olaf more)

It's the same in the none pin world as well. I am talking merchandise wise Toys costumes etc.

Meaning same Le size or not it's value and demand will be greater I promise you that..

i am glad its 1 per person, that way more people have a chance to get one. and its harder for retailers since they have to pay more to get more people don't always go for free.

I hope they hand out the wristbands early to people in line and not at the last moment so everyone doesn't have to "waste" a day in line. First world problem to have, I guess...

On a side note, I have read on some other forums that people are pulling their kids out of school to help them get pins. Isn't the FCATs going on? My wife and I are both teachers in NC and know that make up EOG/ EOC (NC state tests) days are hard on the kids, which can cause them to receive lower scores then they normally would.

Good luck to everyone who wants the pin!

i am glad its 1 per person, that way more people have a chance to get one. and its harder for retailers since they have to pay more to get more people don't always go for free.

Yes, more people HERE will be able to get one. But if you live anywhere else, your chance of getting that pin just went way down, unless you are willing to pay a very high price. Because now what will happen is this- people who fly solo like me, who would have gotten one to keep and one to trade, will just get their one for their collection. So all of individual traders, into the collection it goes.

But the sharks/re-sellers will still round up people for selling, so all THOSE extras will go straight on eBay.

So with the exception of the handful of married couples/small groups that can get their keeper and a trader, we're not going to see as many available as trade as we could have. They'll either be in collections, or on eBay. An individual trader won't have one to offer people.

So if you're local, you MAY have lucked out (depends on what time you get down there), but those not going...it will be a rough road, likely.

Let's all not forget the true reason why this is going to be the most visited PTN at ESPN Wide World of Sports....2 mystery vinylmations!

This statement is not true, at least, not in my case. My mom and I may be going and we're both going to try to get one and I do not collect Frozen so I will have them for trade. So there could be other people there doing the same thing.

Yeah, but I think you're likely to be the exception, rather than the rule. I mean, I'm not even a Frozen fan, but I think the pin is pretty, so I'm keeping mine. Anyone who collects PTN pins will keep theirs, too.

Let's all not forget the true reason why this is going to be the most visited PTN at ESPN Wide World of Sports....2 mystery vinylmations!

LOL!

Well, who knows, maybe it will actually be one I like (they do come out, once in a blue moon).

BTW, since we're bitching about First World Problems here anyway...can I say how much I hate this location for PTNs? I mean, I guess any location is better than not having them at all. But damn if this place isn't hard to get around in...

The ONLY plus side to it is the fully functional snack bar.

AND liquor! They had the bar open at the last one I was there for last year. So excited about that!

LOL!

Well, who knows, maybe it will actually be one I like (they do come out, once in a blue moon).

BTW, since we're bitching about First World Problems here anyway...can I say how much I hate this location for PTNs? I mean, I guess any location is better than not having them at all. But damn if this place isn't hard to get around in...

The ONLY plus side to it is the fully functional snack bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back