• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
It looks like it's official.
Got this image from blu-ray.com:
image.jpg

Ok. That is a phenomenal cover but a problem:
Why is maleficent on the spine?

Last edited:
It looks like it's official.
Got this image from blu-ray.com:
image.jpg

Ok. That is a phenomenal cover but a problem:
Why is maleficent on the spine?

I think its because Maleficent is the most popular thing about the film. But they may also have different spines on each side. Like, Maleficent may be on one side and Aurora on the other. They have done that in the past I believe.

So does anyone think that there will be new Sleeping Beauty merch up tonight since today is the actual anniversary of the movie? Or is it likely that it will just be the pin that is released?
The movie artwork is gorgeous and I hope that they put it in the exchange here because Disney won't ship movies to a p.o. :(

OMG.. The disney store lithos are gonna look amazing!!

I think that is one of the most exciting things about this release haha! I dont know how many people will double dip on this one what with the Platinum Edition of Sleeping Beauty being released on Blu-ray. But I don't own it so I am fine with it! Makes me wonder what special features will be added.

I'm liking the cover a lot. It's a nice change from the usual collage we normally get. That said, unless the transfer is a marked improvement (lossless original audio, less DVNR, better colors), I can't see myself picking this one up.

Well, I don't have Sleeping Beauty in my DVD collection (since it was sold out when I started collecting princess DVDs), so I'm excited.
I wanted the Danish release though, but I move to Japan in September and it's released in October, so that's a slight problem.

I'm liking the cover a lot. It's a nice change from the usual collage we normally get. That said, unless the transfer is a marked improvement (lossless original audio, less DVNR, better colors), I can't see myself picking this one up.

Image wise, it won't change. This has been known as one of the best Disney transfers. I doubt they'll re-work it.

I love the cover of the DVD. It's really gorgeous. I can't wait to see the Lithos, I hope they are pretty. I'm not really a Litho collector either, but I think these ones would be nice to have.

That's an absolutely lovely cover! It's nice to see that they chose that outfit for her since it's the outfit she's in the longest in the film.

What's wrong with the transfer? I have the platinum one and will get the new blueray one but never noticed anything with the picture.

Depending on who you talk to plenty. When I talked briefly with Ron Dias, one of Aurora's animators, he said the colors were way off. I'm not sure if he knew the Blu had a new transfer however, as I've heard the same claims from others about the previous DVD releases and another animator says it's the closest colorwise it's ever been. Sadly, I'll never be able to clear that up with him since he passed last year. Still, I doubt her blouse is suppose to change colors as much as it does in the forest sequence and the brightness is really odd in another shot. It also has it's fair share of DVNR issues to go with the grain being scrubbed clean. It's not awful by a long mark, but there's definitely room for improvement and I've seen them claiming it's a new restoration yet again. Thankfully, it's not the travesty that is Alice in Wonderland, Sword in the Stone, Cinderella, etc.

Isn't it possible that they put Maleficent on the spine to help promote the new movie? By putting her image on the side of the cover as opposed to Aurora's it's sub-conscientiously putting her into our thoughts.

Apparently there is going to be another cover for the Blu-ray. This one is for the standard Blu-ray/DVD combo pack while the other one is for the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. I got this off of the Disney Wiki so it may be fake, but it seems like its pretty legit. If it is real, I like both covers a lot!

Bfma35.png

Last edited:
Apparently there is going to be another cover for the Blu-ray. This one is for the standard Blu-ray/DVD combo pack while the other one is for the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. I got this off of the Disney Wiki so it may be fake, but it seems like its pretty legit. If it is real, I like both covers a lot!

Bfma35.png

It's a fake. This beautiful piece of art is by Chris Darril. http://darrilasylum.deviantart.com/art/SLEEPING-BEAUTY-Touch-the-spindle-Maleficent-324018899

I find it very interesting that so far all of the cover art for these blu rays features Maleficent just as much as it does Aurora if not more. Even though it is called Sleeping Beauty it seems to feature Maleficent a lot more than it does Aurora which is the first I have ever seen.

Last year with the TLM release it always only features Ariel and I dont even think one of the covers had Ursula on the cover. Then before that you had Cinderella and the Lion King both featuring the main characters this is the first to actually feature the villain more than the protagonist.

Anyone else think that this will be reflected with the LE doll release? I still dont think they they should reduce the LE size for Aurora but I do think they should increase Maleficent's LE size to at least 3,000 but I think she may just be LE 2,500 as Disney does like to be conservative about their LE sizes.

Well it perfectly makes sense to
Me.
If you notice, the platinum edition cover didn't even have human maleficent on it. They're trying to take advantage of the fact that maleficent will be out on bluray at the same time (5 months from May). It's makes perfect sense for
Them to advertise maleficent cause that's who everyone will
Be interested in by the time the bluray comes out.

Wether or not this will affect the dolls is hard to say. But if I know Disney, id assume that the summer ones that are based on maleficent (movie) will be really
Low in edition size. And the ones based on sleeping beauty will have higher edition sizes.

Last edited:
Polaris;679806 Last year with the TLM release it always only features Ariel and I dont even think one of the covers had Ursula on the cover. Then before that you had Cinderella and the Lion King both featuring the main characters this is the first to actually feature the villain more than the protagonist. [/QUOTE said:
Actually, the regular 2D+DVD version had Ursula in the bottom.
Man, the platinum edition covers were the best. What happened Disney?

Btw did anyone notice that they forgot to add bagheera's tail on the cover of the jungle book bluray?!
I couldn't believe my eyes. They need better management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back