• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:shock: Some pins are just ugly. Why would I want to put effort into obtaining pins that I just don't like? If you're a completist, not only do you have a tonne of stress whenever a new pin comes out, you'll also eventually most likely have to get a pin that you just don't like. :dunno: What's the point in that? For a lot of people it seems to come down to OCD. :p I'm have fairly mild OCD, but despite that, I know that being a completist would just not be good for me.

Here's a few examples of pins from themes that I collect that I would NEVER want because they're so unattractive to me! Feel free to post your own examples, and also your own reasons for not being a completist! :) Or indeed your reasons for being a completist, because OCD is most definitely not the only reason.

Also, just to note, this thread is not meant to offend anyone. :lol: For all I know, that Cheshire Cat with jewelled eyes could be someone's favourite ever pin. This thread is just a bit of fun for people to list pins that they don't like, either that they would never own or indeed what they already own because they're a completist!

pin58888
pin52267
pin78380
pin17706
pin37253

That Beast & Gaston pin is hilarious. I've never seen it before. Is that a football field?? Why?? Lol

I think I'm going to like this thread...I have to go look for some pins...

Totally agree!! I collect Cheshire Cat, but I will never have that Christmas one that you posted. Not only are some pins ugly, but sometimes a theme just has soooo many pins that it would take a ton of time and money to get them all, even if you wanted them. I will say that I do try to be a completist with Brave pins because I love the movie and because I love the pins. That did get difficult though when I saw the Jerry Leigh Mischief Makers pin -- not a fan of that one

Great point. All the Eves are cute, though! Now, if only they'd make one of her shooting a laser and one of her "dancing" with Wall-E in outer space...

Hmmmmm, well, I'm not a Tangled completist because I'm too poor.
I'm not a Tinker Bell completist because I feel there are too many of her to try to get them all. However, she is my main collection. I'm also not a Tinker Bell completist because I don't like pins where she is angry/pouty/sassy. I feel like it is unflattering for her. I only have 1 pin in my Tink collection where she is angry and that is this one:
pin51265
because I think it's so cool!

No one kicks like Gaston.
No one hits like Gaston.
No ones tight pants perfectly fit like Gaston's.
"I have all the best endzone celebrations!"
My, what a guy, that Gaston!

I don't count AP pins for being a completionist. And I do t count the Cars land C-A-R-S-L-A-N-D frame set because it has nothing to do with carsland, just the characters colors in letter shapes.

I'm a CarsLand completist except 1 pin (Flo's V8 wdi d23 pin). I'm a Wreck It Ralph completist. I'm a Grand Californian Hotel completist except for a few opening day cast dangle pins. I wouldn't consider it that hard but I'm a John Carter completist, but there's only two pin.

If I'm trying to be a completist (marquees, PTD's, candlelight professionals) then I try to get them all, even the ugly ones. But usually those are the cheapest or easiest because they're less desirable. Marquees that are just white with letters are so generic yet I have to have them!

I'm on the same boat here! While I collect SitS, I'm not a HUGE fan of Madam Mim. And some of her pins are just...oi...

pin65584_zps94e731ac.jpg
pin58060_zpsecfc23a5.jpg

And then...there's my pet peeve. When they put Merlin in a purple/lavender outfit. It kills me. And fills me with unbridled rage. It's blue, damn it... I know there are a few cells where, in just the right light, his blue turns periwinkle, but it's NOT purple! D8< #rageface

pin5033_zps1e470d22.jpg
pin8456_zps2cf0300b.jpg

Not to say I won't get those Merlin pins at some point, but they're DEFINITELY not a priority. But Madame Mim...only if they fall into my lap. But not that Bad Girls one...it disturbs me...

~Merlin

Also, "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" between Mufasa and Simba? I know there are some weird fanfics out there but...Disney...come on... Neither of those two appear in that song (in that "form" at least)...

~Merlin

i feel that no matter what pins you collect, there's at least one pin in every collection that just makes you go... "WTF... is that even *enter character name*?". Sometimes they're just bad. but it does give us crazy hobbyists something to giggle at.

I agree with this thread SO MUCH. I'm still basically at the beginning of my collecting career ;) so I'm still trying to narrow down what to focus on but its really hard because in each of the routes I'm thinking of going down there are just some damn ugly pins, and I don't want to have to spend money on those! At the moment I'm just kind of picking up pins that I like, whilst focusing more on the areas that I might want to start a proper collection of but I'm going to have to tell myself that those ugly pins don't exist when that happens!

As TinyHat said, "I agree SO MUCH with this thread". It seems like theres a lot of pressure to be completist because as soon as a new pin comes out you HAVE to get it. As far as my Tangled collection goes though, I have every pin except the RC Rapunzel & the LE 250 DS one :( I'm so close yet so far because that RC will probably never be mine BUT I feel like I don't need it in my life to have my cool Tangled collection. My Aladdin collection is different - I refuse to buy or trade for some pins because they are ugly! That's probably the main reason why.

I have changed my collection focus about 8 times since I started. Now I've narrowed it down to Peter Pan and Alice. I know that it will be impossible to be a completest unless I win the lottery. LOL When I first started collecting, I went with my favorite Disney movie, which is Pinocchio. I left Pinocchio behind kind of quickly. Although some of the pins are great, a lot of them are...well not so great. There is just too much brown. I don't like brown. I want colorful sparkly things lol. Here is an example. Reminds of all that wood paneling of my childhood. :doh:

pin54383

I'm by no means a completist, I definitely agree, there are some pretty "not pretty" pins out there. :)

for example, I really wanted this pin for quite some time:

pin56255

Until I saw an actual picture:

$(KGrHqR,!joFBLKb(!8FBQVnIpl0nw~~60_1.JPG

Yea....pass. :facepalm:

I'm by no means a completist, I definitely agree, there are some pretty "not pretty" pins out there. :)

for example, I really wanted this pin for quite some time:

pin56255

Until I saw an actual picture:

$(KGrHqR,!joFBLKb(!8FBQVnIpl0nw~~60_1.JPG

Yea....pass. :facepalm:

Wow, it's disturbing when the artist's concept picture is so different from the actual pin - I wonder how many pins are initially mis-identified as scrappers or counterfeits because they don't match the artist's concept photo on Pinpics?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back