• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...
When you look at the Eve and Wall-E snow globe, it looks like Eve has a beard. That's as much as I can contribute here. :)

That gaston pin! I'm in the group of it's so bad I want it xD I would like to eventually collect pretty much all the hercules pins but check out this hades pin.
pin41776

What? its an le100 and its compleately deformed, look at his hand!

What is up with that Chernabog pin? Is he supposed to be an ameoba? He looks like he was making a Charlie Brown ghost costume and got carried away with the scissors!

I wont get pins I think are ugly either just because they fit in with my collection. I also wont get ones that are exactly the same as another one except they added words or a date on it, I'd rather have the one without a date or a saying on it.

That gaston pin! I'm in the group of it's so bad I want it xD I would like to eventually collect pretty much all the hercules pins but check out this hades pin.
pin41776

He's giving the thumbs down, right?

pin52267

Ohi vey! That pin! My boyfriend wants this pin so bad! He was like the football star in highschool so he's dying to get this pin!

pin41776

I dont know why the Seinfeld episode with Elaine dancing comes to mind with this one "oh no, with the thumbs and everything?" HAHA!

I love this thread!! I have that Gaston pin for trade, and until today NOBODY ever wanted it!! Hey, it's up for trade!

Loving this thread!

I believe this gem has been posted before on DPF, but in case you have not had the chance to feast your eyes:

pin47555

The defense rests.

Another reason I'm not a completist is I don't want to own 47 of the same pose of the same character with only slight difference--don't care if it's a different year/event/park etc that makes it a "different" pin--it's the same pin!!

State's exhibit A:

pin13297th72
pin25195th72
pin17291th72
pin71229th72

#36018 Mirror image OMG MUST HAVE!
pin36018th72
:lol:

etc...

Laura "so incomplete"

Last edited:
This is a great thread idea!

pin60234

I really want to love this pin. It has Wendy and the boys. But WTF is up with Nana's face?

pin29273

Okay, this is from a framed set, so I guess it makes a little more sense in context.
But its still a very random pose for a Figaro pin.​

ok. I can contribute to this thread...
I collect HoND, Thumper, Pixie Hollow, Dragon mickey icons, Horses of Disney. And bluntly, the ONLY one I can be completest on is the Dragon mickey icon sets. At least they all look pretty much the same. Heres a couple pins I will never own because they are just well... scary.

pin27929
she looks creepy and quasi look afraid of her and um.. where is her other hand?
pin27580
this whole set are supposed to be to hold sunglasses on yer shirt. seriously?

there are random fairy pins I dislike, and some of the different horses are just kinda ugly, but i would offend other horse collectors by stating which ones. lol

I'm not a completist because I am too cheap/broke and there are some really ugly Snow White and Ariel pins. Ariel and Snow White are my main collections. I collect the original 6 princesses since they are my favorite/I grew up with them. However, there are some painfully ugly pins of all the princesses.

pin30666

I still cannot figure out if I like this pin or absolutely hate it. I have it in my collection and she looks better in person. I am debating whether or not I want to make her a trader. However is really pretty even if Snow's face is weird looking.

pin27728

I hate how Ariels face looks in this pin. I really want to collect all of the "princess and their horse" pins but this one might have to be left out of the collection. She just doesn't look right.

pin81326

I'd love to collect the Reveal/Conceal pins of the princesses I collect but I think the majority of their pins are ugly as sin. Aurora's lips are just too freaking big. They make her look weird.

Loving this thread!

I believe this gem has been posted before on DPF, but in case you have not had the chance to feast your eyes:

pin47555

The defense rests.

I HAVE THIS PIN and it is even more awkward looking when it's in your hand, and you're asking yourself why you own it T_T

Another reason I'm not a completist is I don't want to own 47 of the same pose of the same character with only slight difference--don't care if it's a different year/event/park etc that makes it a "different" pin--it's the same pin!!

State's exhibit A:

pin13297th72
pin25195th72
pin17291th72
pin71229th72

#36018 Mirror image OMG MUST HAVE!
pin36018th72
:lol:

etc...

Laura "so incomplete"

OMG I know what you mean!

I HAVE THIS PIN and it is even more awkward looking when it's in your hand, and you're asking yourself why you own it T_T

OOOOH, I would love to see it in person...just for a minute...to see that it exists! :) I know what you mean though; I have some really weird ones where they are so distorted-looking. Here's one I have that just looks off, especially in person. Come to think of it, goes perfectly with Gaston and Beast on the football field!

pin59529

The very first time I traded pins, I was asking everyone I traded with what he/she collected. I always remember one nice lady who told me "I collect Small World and Stitch with his mouth closed." At the time I was thinking "WOW, that is SO SPECIFIC!!," a little intimidated by the precise answer. Now I get it!! :rofl:

I would actually like to own a nice pin of every Disney movie. I am more of a set completist. But I can skip pins I don't like. I particulary don't like this Snow white. pin. I don't know how to do the pics like you guys. But here is a link. Snows eyebrows and really just overall facial expression is awful. lol

http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=10252&sid=7994.1360973733.v2

I would actually like to own a nice pin of every Disney movie. I am more of a set completist. But I can skip pins I don't like. I particulary don't like this Snow white. pin. I don't know how to do the pics like you guys. But here is a link. Snows eyebrows and really just overall facial expression is awful. lol

http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=10252&sid=7994.1360973733.v2

Oh man, that pin is pretty questionable. Not just Snow; what's up with Dopey's tongue? Is he part dog?​

pin10252

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back