• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...
I am not a completist. Some of my issue is that I do NOT like hinged pins or dangle pins. I don't see the point in having a pin that you have to open to see it. As for dangle pins I don't like the way they flop around in my book. I am getting ready to take all of my collection out of a book and put up on a cork board. perhaps this might change my view on dangle pins.

OMG I am the same way! I HATE dangles in my pin book. Whenever I get one through a trade or game or whatever, I immediately send out a dozen trade requests in hopes of getting rid of it.

pin1569

No, but really... can we just talk about this pin?

I have the pin. Its the most unfortunate looking BatB pin. The Ariel pin from the set isn't any better. The rest of the pins are fine though.

pin343
She is just awkward looking.

I told you she looks creepy!! Lol that is too funny! Perfect example!! Or if you've seen wedding crashers the red head that tells Vince Vaughn "don't ever leave me, cuz Ill find you!!" In that creepy kids voice!!! That's what that Ariel pin reminds me of lol

pin41776
pin59060
pin38370

I cannot stop laughing right now.

This Ariel pin:
image_zpse0d3600b.jpg

Reminds me of the girl in the "psycho ex-girlfriend" meme:

...what...the...? o_O o_o; :lol::rofl: The Tink one... TINK BACK AWAY FROM THE CATERPILLAR!!

My favorite "WTH" Ariel pin is this one:

pin7879

Yeah, I LOVE Ariel but I will never be a completionist for pins like this and the ones already mentioned.

I am really weird and I don't really like pins with words on them... like Winter...Spring...Teacher's Day...stuff like that. I also don't like pins with decorative borders. I am weird & I've accepted it.

I agree with this thread SO MUCH. I'm still basically at the beginning of my collecting career ;) so I'm still trying to narrow down what to focus on but its really hard because in each of the routes I'm thinking of going down there are just some damn ugly pins, and I don't want to have to spend money on those! At the moment I'm just kind of picking up pins that I like, whilst focusing more on the areas that I might want to start a proper collection of but I'm going to have to tell myself that those ugly pins don't exist when that happens!

This. I'm so new, and have so little cash, that I'm really just looking to get pins I think are cool. I couldn't even begin to think about completing something...maybe a HM set. It's actually kind of frustrating when I'm cruising the forum. I don't get excited about LEs or PODMs and that's all anybody's ever dealing, it seems like. I know that over time as my collection grows that'll change, but for now I kind of feel like I'm in the minor leagues, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back