• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reason I'm NOT a Completist in ANY of my themes is because...
And speaking of pins that all look the same, my BFF is disappointed by the lack of originality in Lotso (the bear from Toy Story 3) pins...

(At least the last one's holding a puppet... #1, 4, and 5 are identical.)​

When I first started collecting pins, I collected Tinkerbell. Oh dear lord, to be a completist. NoNo!!!
And some Tinkerbells are all in the same position.
You had the 50 years Tink seated on cloud.
And then the UK came out with a Tink seated on the cloud.
Now I still like Tink, but only collect her on flowers as thats my tattoo.
Tink dressed as other characters and Tink in rides.
I now collect BATB, but only the ones I like.
There are a few I will never want.
Belle with a huge Easter Bonnet on and Beast with Rabbit ears.
Belle cutting Beast's Mane.

I'm only a completionist with Brave. It was a promise I made to myself and something I would really like to see it through. It's like a personal goal/challenge for me. Admittedly...*hangs head in shame* I'm not the best at staying committed to long term goals. So, we'll see if I can pull this off. Also, I love that movie so dearly. However, with these new Pixar Mystery pins that came out and with the chasers looking nearly identical to the normal LR pins... I had to say to myself, "Am I REALLY going to need all eight pins? REALLY? When they look almost the same...?"
Yep.
No logic there at all I'll admit. Just pinsanity and a dedication to a goal ^^

I am no way a completionist because some pins are just gawd awful or not worth the $$$/energy to try to aquire them..

I can say I own every Bear in the Big Blue House pin (12 in total) Pirate and Princess Party Pins (10 total) and a few other random small sets..

Of my core collections I'm still missing 1 Wilderness Lodge pin and 2 Tarzan pins I'd love to have that would finish off those sets (baring the ton of Tarzan Sedesma I refuse to own).. One day..

This is an awesome thread. My main collections are orange bird and the WDW monorail but here are a couple of pins that I really never ever need to see on my boards :)

pin82356th72
and
pin70338
Why would they do this??? :lol:

I love Lilo & Stitch, but there are many pins that are just 'meh', and some that are just really bizarre. I saw this one recently and it freaked me out. Stitch's mouth just looks really weird here...

pin29215

OK, so my main collections are Beauty and the Beast, and Lady and the Tramp... However, I have no need what-so-ever to have this pin... Good lord what is wrong with her face!?!? They may as well have put a text bubble over her head saying "derp"

pin85545

i feel that no matter what pins you collect, there's at least one pin in every collection that just makes you go... "WTF... is that even *enter character name*?". Sometimes they're just bad. but it does give us crazy hobbyists something to giggle at.

It comes to a point when the character/theme you collect has so many pins that Disney pin designers get to a point where there is no creative genius so they put "that" pin out or recycle an old design with a new twist or color. In the end, all the pins of the OE to LE will be displayed and sold to someone either at full retail or on sale.

Being an UP completist, I really have not gone the the "WTF" yet but have said "Whut the hell was she thinking".

- Carl is not an old man anymore. He is a payaso, ready to jump out of a small multicolor car heading for a building on fire. And with that said, in my collection and waiting for the next one.

Last edited:
I am sort of a completist but not really. Most of my collections are quite small, Oliver and co and fox and the hound and bolt are all tiny collections and I consider them complete, well not bolt, but the other two I consider done because I don't feel the need to have Oliver with his butt in the air three or four times. I'm happy as long as I have a pin that looks like the ones again. This also applies for the 110th legacy collection. I don't feel the pressing need to have the same pin twice just because one has silver and one has gold. Waste of money.

i was going to be an almost bolt completist until the soda fountain released Cheshire dressed as bolt. I don't like aiwl so there's no chance that is going in to my collection.

i do actually have a complete collection of frankenweenie, but this is mainly because it has been released while I have been pin trading and it has been fairly..... Easy....... To get them all without much trouble though its been piggin expensive.

So yeah really if there's a pin that looks exactly like another pin I don't feel the need to have it. I am a sort of completist but not really, if a frankenweenie pin appears that I really don't like I won't bother but so far I love them all!

I started off being an Alice completest. I needed every pin Alice was on. After 9 years I decided that I did not need every Alice pin and why the heck did I own 'ugly' pins of Alice?

This is a great thread idea!

pin60234

I really want to love this pin. It has Wendy and the boys. But WTF is up with Nana's face?

pin29273

Okay, this is from a framed set, so I guess it makes a little more sense in context.
But its still a very random pose for a Figaro pin.​

ngl but when I fisrt saw that Figaro pin I laughed so hard xD I really want that one since it is really random lol

I thought about being an Aristocats completist, mostly because it would be fun and challenging because not a lot of people have/collect Aristocats. But there are some that don't look ANYTHING like the characters.

pin29653
<-- I hate this pin so much, and I know there are people who like it, but it just doesn't look like Marie AT ALL, I don't get it.
pin75647
<-- What's with her eyes?
pin38309
<-- This just seems wrong, and they all seem high!!

I am not a completist. Some of my issue is that I do NOT like hinged pins or dangle pins. I don't see the point in having a pin that you have to open to see it. As for dangle pins I don't like the way they flop around in my book. I am getting ready to take all of my collection out of a book and put up on a cork board. perhaps this might change my view on dangle pins.

Lol I had this pin and recently traded it at the park hahaOkay can we just talk about this pin
imagejpeg
Look at her eyes omg
Haha I think you traded it to my hubby!! It's now on his lanyard :facepalm: and in my opinion doesn't fit with all his beautiful Snow White pins! On another note I'm a little mermaid collector but have seen quite a few hideous pins of her that sadly exist for example]
image_zps96251195.jpg
eye brows??... Her mouth looks a little off as well ]
image_zps48d7bf96.jpg
ive seen this one in person and it maybe hard to tell in the pic but she has no upper lip! It's teeth and a bottom lip it really looks like she has a milk- stache! It's most disappointing when the rest of the pin is so beautifully done.

Look at these... What is this??? Lol :facepalm:

image_zps23db53a0.jpg

]
image_zpse0d3600b.jpg

Last edited:
I thought for the longest time all the HM flowers I saw in trade books and lanyards were scrappers LOL... I guess not! :lol: There's a fair few Aladdin pins that are unfortunate, as well... *cough*WDW2000Weddingpin*cough*... ;)

This thread is hilarious! :rofl:

I am a Lumpy completist because HE IS JUST SO CUTE. Seriously, HOW IS HE SO CUTE????!!!!!
pin35876th200
pin52362th200
pin40022th200
pin41009th200
pin55292th200
pin82770th200
pin82771th200
And he only has 7 pins. :(
And this Tinker Bell pin, well, I can't even find the right words. :facepalm:
pin38370

No one kicks like Gaston.
No one hits like Gaston.
No ones tight pants perfectly fit like Gaston's.
"I have all the best endzone celebrations!"
My, what a guy, that Gaston!
:lol: And now everyone wants this pin.

I'm by no means a completist, I definitely agree, there are some pretty "not pretty" pins out there. :)

for example, I really wanted this pin for quite some time:

pin56255

Until I saw an actual picture:

$(KGrHqR,!joFBLKb(!8FBQVnIpl0nw~~60_1.JPG

Yea....pass. :facepalm:
:facepalm: And this is why concept art should not be acceptable as a PinPics picture. :lol: That pin really made me laugh though.

That gaston pin! I'm in the group of it's so bad I want it xD I would like to eventually collect pretty much all the hercules pins but check out this hades pin.
pin41776

What? its an le100 and its compleately deformed, look at his hand!
:lol: OMFG. It's like his right arm and hand are inflated!

What is up with that Chernabog pin? Is he supposed to be an ameoba? He looks like he was making a Charlie Brown ghost costume and got carried away with the scissors!

I wont get pins I think are ugly either just because they fit in with my collection. I also wont get ones that are exactly the same as another one except they added words or a date on it, I'd rather have the one without a date or a saying on it.
It's from a framed set, which is why it's a weird shape. That's no excuse for his weird face though!

I love this thread!! I have that Gaston pin for trade, and until today NOBODY ever wanted it!! Hey, it's up for trade!
LOL, have you had any offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back