• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Disney pin themes do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I collect Cast Member Exclusives
Pirates of the Carribbean (Mostly Jack Sparrow)Hubby says thats his replacement for him!!:)
Tigger
Mickey
Hubby collects Cheshire cat
Son(Andy)Collects Donald duck
Son(Robbie)collects Goofy

My collection is very specific!

It comprises of all the Cast Lanyard & Hidden Mickey pins from WDW, DLR, DLRP & UK - would be willing to remortgage the house for the 6 pins in my signature (doubt they exist though!!)

The only other theme is complete sets of Hidden Disney & all the Piece of History pins again from WDW & DLR

To be honest I'm not interested in character pins etc asI do not have a favourite!

Last edited:
I collect:

• Disneyland and Walt Disney World oriented pins. Things that reflect aspects of the various parks.
  • Villains. Mainly the Evil Queen and Maleficent. Although I do like Captain Hook an awful lot.
  • The Beast only - Belle is pretty, but I like the big furry guy.
  • The Three Caballeros
  • Pins with TVs or pins in the shape of TVs
  • Figment

And of course there's the general "catch all" category of pins that just happen to catch my eye.

I always enjoy reading these threads...

In order...

Characters dressed as other characters (mainly Tink, Jess and Stitch)!
Characters mixed with other characters such as with the Stitch sets.
Sleeping Beauty (esp with the fairies)
Alice in Wonderland (esp if they have the Caterpillar or Cheshire)
Halloween Pins
Older DA pins
Boxed and Framed sets that catch my eye.
Lots of random Jessica, Tink and Stitch.
Prince John pins.
Up pins

I collect lots of themes:
Stitch
star wars
toy story and all other pixar films
pinocchio
muppets
figment
wod new york
all Uk pins
plus any that take my fancy

I personally collect Rides and Attractions. Of course there are a few exceptions if I really like something about the pin but it is not character specific, its all about the pin/

My Son Collects Star Wars, Chip & Dale and has all but the most current set (nightmare) Vinylmations

My Daughter collects Dalmatians, Cute Dogs and secondary Stitch & Tink.

I collect Haunted Mansion and Vinylmation stuff. I want to get all the TRON stuff I could find this year also.

Here's what/who I collect!

Cheshire Cat
Gaston
Scar
Chernabog
Zero
Mrs Jumbo
Ratigan
Mufasa
Shere Khan
Fantasia (specifically the Pastoral Symphony and Dance of the Hours)
Princess and the Frog (specifically Prince Naveen, Louis and Dr Facilier)
Characters Dressed As Other Characters

I finally narrowed it down to:

Figment
Haunted Mansion
Alien Encounter
Captain EO

Mom collects: Jiminy Cricket

Dad collects: Scrooge

Lets See...

I collect:
Toy Story
Mr. Toad
Disneyland Park Signs
Trash Cans and Car Racing themed Pins

Michelle Collects:
Stitch (Mouth Closed only)
Maleficent
Small World (Clock Face Only)
And Romantic Pins

i think that's it... of course we do have kids that collect too... so we are always looking for everything! :)

I collect Sleeping Beauty (the movie) pins so that includes Briar Rose, Aurora, Prince Phillip, Flora/Fauna/Merryweather, Maleficent, Mock Prince, etc...

We could start the blue vs pink argument I suppose (blue), but I actually prefer the Briar Rose dress to either BLUE or pink. I do have pink in my collection, but usually it is offset by something else I love about the pin. (Prince Phillip or something like that.)

I generally like to keep the pins in my collection related to the movie so the "Valentines/Christmas/Halloween" stuff usually doesn't make the cut.

My current Holy Grail: http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=41614

This is what I like to collect -

- Tinker Bell
- Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas & Vincent
- Alice in Wonderland (Mainly Alice and the Cheshire Cat)
- Haunted Mansion
- Bambi & Thumper
- Chernabog & "Pastoral Symphony"
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

I started out collecting Sleeping Beauty only, and then expanded to Disneyland Attractions. Then to 50th Anniversary pins. Then Villains. The it was just PINS! My motto for pin collecting is "If something catches my fancy, I will get it."

I collect:
Figment
Pin Trading Logo
Fast Pass
Herbie
Iago
Gummi Bears

Figment is my main focus as I've always loved the purple dragon since we first went to Epcot. When I was in the parks trading the Pin Trading Logo and Fast Pass pins caught my eye so they were added as themes. Iago is my favourite character from Aladdin and I like the look of some of his pins. I used to enjoy watching Gummi Bears on the tv and it was the first UK pin I bought as a keeper.

Hi Everyone :wavey: Here it goes...we collect:

Ariel and all Little Mermaid cast - especially the Ariel and Eric together pins -when Ariel is mooning over Eric's Statue, that is an amazing pin
Subset-All the Vanessa/Ursula pins.

Some Tinkerbell - but only the pins where her eyes look right - top pin is Tinker bell pirate lassie

Some Figment -around the world and event specials

DA Masterpieces + follow on 'Masterpiece-like Art Pins' from events or DS.com

Disney Characters Dressed as Other Disney Characters

Pins about Pin Tradine

Some Alice, like the White Rabbit and the Caterpillar

The short-lived 'build a pin' pins

And the most collectible and fun part of this hobby are those pins I never knew existed that I came across in friends' trading books. Thanks Friends!

My Daughters collect
Stitch and Chip and Dale

My husband just enjoys watching us organize, obsess and have fun....

Happy Trading!

I collect dragons and Mad Hatter. Over the years, my collection has also wandered into Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Finding Nemo. :D

Oh, this is going to be ridiculous....
I collect, in order of most to least important:
UP (completist)
Robin Hood (completist for pins without dates/anniversaries)
Boo (by herself, completist)
Pumpkins/Halloween/Characters as others (random)
Princess and the Frog (specifically the creatures-Naveen frog, Tiana frog, Louis, Ray- and Dr. Facilier, but I will get others, I also tend to like LE rather than OE)
Teacups (not necessarily the ride; this is how Tink and Alice got incorporated...)
Roses (cards painting, enchanted, etc.)
Toy Story 3 (specifically Bonnie's Toys and Lotso)
Pixar Shorts (specifically Partly Cloudy, One Man Band, and Tin Toy)
Sleeping Beauty (random)
Alice (random)
Tink (random)
Stitch (only Stitch as a dog and mostly just the ones that look like photos)
Baby Simba/Very Young Simba (no words/dates)

I think I pretty much covered it...insane, I know. My collection is still pretty small though because I am VERY picky and I get tired of things easily, or I finally get it and don't actually like it as much as I thought I would. Sometimes things are just very different once it is placed in your own hands.

Last edited:
My main collections are:

Princess & the Frog (completist)
Stitch (anything that takes my fancy)
Zero (any that take my fancy)
UK pins

I also have large collections of:

Tink
St Patrick's Day
Halloween
Christmas

And I seem to have just embarked on a Jessica obsession! My credit card is trembling with fear as we speak! :)

We have 3 pin collectors in our family. My husband, who is the primary pin collector, collects NBC, Haunted Mansion Holiday and some Haunted Mansion. Our son collects Pirates with Disney characters (Mickey, Goofy, Chip, Dale, etc.) and some NBC. My collection is less clearly defined. I am currently working on 2010 PTN pins for DLR and WDW and Jessica as other characters.

I'm such a Briar Rose fan too! The gray dress with her matching wrap and berry basket are so cute. There are also some related pins I'd love to find of the owl, birds, squirrels, and the rest of Briar Rose's forest friends. There's something about the innocence and simplicity at that point in Sleeping Beauty that's just so arresting. =D

In no particular order because all are equally exciting finds:

• Figment
  • Fantasia
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Briar Rose
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Stained Glass Pins
  • Art Nouveau Pins
  • Cutie-Style Characters
  • Cheshire Cat

~Marilyn

Last edited:
I collect:

-Tinker Bell
-Aurora/ Sleeping Beauty pins. I also love her in "Briar Rose" form the most! My Halloween costume from two years ago:
MNSSHP_Cruella.png

-Alice/ Caterpillar
-Jessica
-Other various princesses/ Tiger Lily/ Wendy

Well according to my collection on Pinpics...

I collect:
Alice (has to have her on the pin)
Ariel & Eric together (with some misc Ariel pins)
Bongo
Pastoral Symphony
Some Sets of Princesses
& the two "Audrey Hepburn" pins made. :)

Last edited:
I collect mostly mischievous characters...

Tigger
Stitch
SorcererMickey
Cheshire Cat
* Figaro
* Zero
* and
underwater pins that catch my eye
dauphinlovr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back