• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Disney pin themes do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I started my pin-sanity with Vinylmation Pins. I have now branched out into:

Bay Lake Tower
Chip and Dale on Disney attractions
Scrump
Shiriki Utundu
Punkin the Flamingo
Duffy The Disney Bear
Heroes
Disney signage
Retro pins from Disneyland or WDW

With the occasional trip down various other themes when the pin makes me laugh.
(Like Mickey Mouse being barefoot- -it just makes me laugh.)
MickeyBarefoot.jpg

I love princess pins but especially The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast, of course then theres Chip & Dale who always make me smile and I have real trouble passing up Christmas/holiday pins. I do have to admit to suffering from the catch all of if it takes my fancy I have to have it hence the inclusion of the Mechical Kingdom pins in my collection!!

I love to collect these:
Maleficent as herself (Not as the dragon)
Anything awesome with Alice in it
Disney Dreams
Jumbo Art Nouveau
WDI Marc Davis Pirates (Just saw these and fell in love with them!)
The occasional HM Jumbo pin
Random Hidden Mickey Sets that I like!

Hunchback of Notre Dame
Pocahontas
Treasure Planet
Shere Khan
Centaurettes
Wild About Safety series
Incredibles
Disney Couples<3
Disney Horses

To name a few :p

Without looking at what I *actually* have.....

Mickey Head Icons
Minnie dressed as other characters (no dates or backgrounds, etc)
Mickey dressed as other characters (no dates or backgrounds, etc)
Other characters dressed as Mickey & Minnie
Some pin trading themed pins
Red Sox & Braves
ANY Annette Funicello pins!

Hey! It used to be worse! I used to collect ear hat pins, too! See? I'm whittling it down..... :)

Last edited:
For me, it started with..
Mickey
Mickey & Minnie together

I added these two early on..
Minnie
Figment

Later on, I added..
Tower of Terror
Maleficent
Aurora

Recently,these have stood out to me though I haven't added the "theme" just yet..
Monsters Inc
Stitch
Alice

My collection has a lot of the following:

Alice in Wonderland
DLR park-specific pins (attractions, signs, posters, tickets, and maps)
Elisabete Gomes
20,000 Leagues under the Sea

Then there are scads of other pins that fall into the "just because I like it" category.

Where do I start. LOL

First and foremost I collect pins with Spaceship Earth on them.
Anything old EPCOT CENTER or Epcot.
Older DCA pins.
Mickey
Figment
Anything that just jumps out at me.

I actually went and looked at what I have before I did this :)

*I get one pin from every place we go on our family vacations (if we eat at crystal palace, I get a pin, etc)
*anything retro looking (LOVE the Disneyland retro logos)
*Tower of Terror (my favorite ride)
*Princess and the Frog (for my 3 year old who tells people her name is Mary Tiana-it's really Mary Elizabeth)
*Enchanted (my favorite movie)
*It's a Small World pins (first ride I remember from my childhood)
*Scoop pins - never met him, but would love to

My kids collect:
*vinylmation pins
*POTC
*NBC
*Tink

My Room Mate and I share a collection but it is really huge. We are not completest and do not have to have every pin within our themes but we want all the ones we like. This is what we collect at our house...

Me
Haunted Mansion (mostly HHG and the Disneyland Mansion)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Disneyland 50th anniversary pins

Tndrheart
Pin Trading Pins
Trains
Eeyore (this has branched out into a lot of other Pooh characters as well)

Together
Maleficent as a dragon but we do have a lot of her as her too
Holiday pins (mostly Halloween and Christmas but do have some Valentines Day and others too)
Hidden Mickeys ( We collected all of them from the first few years at WDW, DLR and DLRP but this year limited it to just DLR due to all the scrappers out there)
Disney Auction pins
any collections of pins we really like such as POH pins for example
Many of the GWP sets they released at DLR ... really wish they would do those again! Even PWP sets would be alright. I miss putting the little maps together...LOL

Since we choose not to have to have everything we can collect more of what we like out of our given collections

We have some Tinker Bell, Stitch, DCL Chip and Dale and others that we have gotten just because we thought they were cute.

I think that is about it but I am sure I am leaving something out here... LOL Now you know why our wants list is over 1400 now...

I collect:

-Tinker Bell
-Aurora/ Sleeping Beauty pins. I also love her in "Briar Rose" form the most! My Halloween costume from two years ago:
MNSSHP_Cruella.png

I LOVE your Briar Rose costume, girlie! :DDD

~Marilyn

I collect the following themes:

EPCOT
Donald Duck
WDW Anniversary pins
Piece of History Pins
Passholder Pins from the years I've had a pass
Mr Toad/Mr Toad's Wild Ride pins
Independence Day/Patriotic Pins
MSEP Pins

I collect:
Monster's Inc
Big Thunder Mountain
Trains
Military

I trade for DBF online/whenever he's not there and he collects:
Stitch
Piece of History
Haunted Mansion

You can tell by my id I like Winnie the Pooh.
I also collect:
Mickey's Teddy Bear.....now Duffy
Disney Visa pins

Sorry for going OT. but is Duffy Mickey's teddy bear? I been seeing that name a lot lately and have no idea who he is.

Duffy is a new bear of Mickey's that they moved over into the US Market. He started over sea's at one of the Disney parks over there. Forget which one. Anyway, here's a picture of him:

duffythedisneybeardisne.jpg

Edit: I knew the Disney Parks blog did a story on him, you can see some of it here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/duffy-the-disney-bear-is-on-his-way/

I hope that helps!

To get more on topic again, I collect Lion King, Stitch & Disneyland Cast pins. Plus whatever else catches my eye.

My mom collects Stitch & Disney cats. My younger brother used to collect pins too, Disneyland 50th and Nightmare Before Christmas. He got tried of it and gave me his collection. So I will sometimes trade for things that go into one of his books. As I always say to people though, let me take a look at what you have, because there are so many pins it's hard to know all of what's out there! LoL!

Last edited:
Hmm... I like to collect things that remind me of my stay at WDW.

Themes:
Areas: Mainstreet USA.
Character: Chip and Dale, Goofy, and Jimminy Crickrit. Main Street Characters
Attractions: Haunted Mansion. Monorail. MK Trains
Landmarks: Any of WDW's Major Photo Landmarks.
Shows: Magic Kingdom Parades or Fireworks.
Mousellaneous: Cast Member Exclusives. Anything else.

I collect:
-Firefighter pins
-Tomorrowland Transit Authority
-Resort pins/dated pins from WDW visits
-WDW POTC pins
-Some EPCOT
-Some retro pins (especially WDW rides)

I'm still pretty new to collecting & there are so many out there that I want, but my main interests are:

-Si & Am
-Lady & the Tramp
-Villians, especially the Evil Queen
-Bambi
-Finding Nemo
-Haunted Mansion

I collect:

Halloween
Christmas
Tower of Terror
Resort Pins (for where I stay on my trips)
Mickey
Goofy
Lion King

And whatever else I find that peeks my interest :)

I love collecting pins with food themes! I love the series of Chip & Dale eating snacks from around the parks, and the HKDL Soda Can Mystery Set is one of my favorites. It's not so much the healthy food, but the junk food. :lol: I also love the HM pin set with characters on mugs. I guess that's also along food lines, but that's because I collect vintage glassware with cartoon (mostly Looney Tunes and Comic Book characters, though some Disney) characters on them as well.
I also like pins of Mickey and Minnie as a couple, since my husband and I honeymooned at Disneyland. Other than that, it's pretty much just whatever strikes my fancy! I love HKDL pins. They are just so colorful, and I feel like their designs are so much better. A lot of the U.S. pins that I feel are really nicely designed are impossible to find for a price that's not way out of my range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back