• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Pin Releases
Sleigh Ride LE is 1400.

There is a new LE 1500 Christmas pin available at Animal Kingdom for my fellow Lion King collectors:

s-l500.jpg

Oh, then it might actually be semi-obtainable.. Maybe! :) Thanks.

EDIT: Oh wow, was I wrong! On the famous auction site there is one up right now for $2500 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Well, you can only get it in the sleigh ride which is $80 by itself. And it's just one pin per party. So it doesn't surprise me it'll be pricy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well, you can only get it in the sleigh ride which is $80 by itself. And it's just one pin per party. So it doesn't surprise me it'll be pricy.

I agree it will be pricey but $2,500 is just ridiculous. I can understand around $250 but I cannot see anyone paying over $300 for the pin.

I agree it will be pricey but $2,500 is just ridiculous. I can understand around $250 but I cannot see anyone paying over $300 for the pin.
Certainly not! Major extortion. XD there's one with a few days left that's under $200, and I think it's the first auction. So it will likely set the realistic price.

Certainly not! Major extortion. XD there's one with a few days left that's under $200, and I think it's the first auction. So it will likely set the realistic price.

I hope it stays under $200 for the people who want it/can afford it. It kinda kills me seeing pin prices as high as they are.

There is someone on IG who constantly prices pins well over 500, then gets absolutely furious when people try to say that the prices are unreasonable. Went so far as to make this whole thing about it.

What I often find is that the people who defend those high prices, are always the ones selling pins for those high prices!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

There is someone on IG who constantly prices pins well over 500, then gets absolutely furious when people try to say that the prices are unreasonable. Went so far as to make this whole thing about it.

What I often find is that the people who defend those high prices, are always the ones selling pins for those high prices!

Not always, there are a few pins that I can honestly say are justified to be crazy expensive. Such as large Disney Auction pins, and grails. :3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Not always, there are a few pins that I can honestly say are justified to be crazy expensive. Such as large Disney Auction pins, and grails. :3

Oh absolutely, I agree. Some pins are justified. I should have clarified, I really mean just scalpers. People who buy pins only to turn around and sell them for a huge profit, often preventing genuine collectors from getting a pin they may have really wanted. (It broke my heart to see someone on FB asking for the Ariel PTD just for their daughter)

I'm not fond of scalpers in any hobby (I'm a gamer and scalpers are HUGE in gaming).

I apologize! Here, have a picture of one of my kitties. He's a cutie.

d3e000971fbad521c1d20ba6d072fe95.jpg

Oh absolutely, I agree. Some pins are justified. I should have clarified, I really mean just scalpers. People who buy pins only to turn around and sell them for a huge profit, often preventing genuine collectors from getting a pin they may have really wanted. (It broke my heart to see someone on FB asking for the Ariel PTD just for their daughter)

I'm not fond of scalpers in any hobby (I'm a gamer and scalpers are HUGE in gaming).

What a cutie!!

Hollywood Studios has a butt ton more of the Princess / Price reveal conceal boxes! I haven't seen them in a bit! Confirm Rapunzel, Cindy, and Mulan. Probably the rest.

That Kitty! XD

Yeah, I agree, there are so many scalpers in gaming. Have you heard of Limited Run Games?

Hollywood Studios has a butt ton more of the Princess / Price reveal conceal boxes! I haven't seen them in a bit! Confirm Rapunzel, Cindy, and Mulan. Probably the rest.

WHAT. You mean the really neat stained glass ones???

That Kitty! XD

Yeah, I agree, there are so many scalpers in gaming. Have you heard of Limited Run Games?

Yes I have. I like what they are doing with digital games, tbh. I've always preferred a good ol' physical copy.

When I started pin collecting 4 years ago, most pins never hit the 100 dollar mark. Some of the Disney Auction pins would. A few of the Rapunzel pins were ridiculously expensive but most pins were reasonable. Retail most of these pins sold for between 10-30. The fact they've jumped as much as they have is rather upsetting. I get these are collectibles so a lot of pins will go up in price over the years but to see how inflated the prices have become is upsetting.

Yes I have. I like what they are doing with digital games, tbh. I've always preferred a good ol' physical copy.

Yeah, I partnered with them before they made their first physical release so they're sending me one copy of each run. I think Octodad is my favorite release so far just because of the ties. XD

Yeah, I partnered with them before they made their first physical release so they're sending me one copy of each run. I think Octodad is my favorite release so far just because of the ties. XD

Oh wow! How lucky!! That is seriously cool.

I'm totally jealous. XD

Oh my Golly, aren't they pretty? Pictures don't do them justice. XD

YES. They REALLY don't! I knew it would be big but WOW.

So I've decided I also want Scar, Jafar, Hades, Ursula, Gaston, and if I can manage, Maleficent, but she's not high on the priority list. I REALLY wasn't all that worried about them until I actually got one. Just wow.

YES. They REALLY don't! I knew it would be big but WOW.

So I've decided I also want Scar, Jafar, Hades, Ursula, Gaston, and if I can manage, Maleficent, but she's not high on the priority list. I REALLY wasn't all that worried about them until I actually got one. Just wow.
I have Jafar and Prince John and they're among my favorite pins for those sets. I've had a Scar and Facilier pass through my possession on its way to its owner. They're both spectacular. Probably one of the best Scar pins to come out lately.

People are trading them all the time on FB, especially for new DSF pins. Other than Mali and Ursula, it shouldn't be impossible to find them :D

I have Jafar and Prince John and they're among my favorite pins for those sets. I've had a Scar and Facilier pass through my possession on its way to its owner. They're both spectacular. Probably one of the best Scar pins to come out lately.

People are trading them all the time on FB, especially for new DSF pins. Other than Mali and Ursula, it shouldn't be impossible to find them :D

I think I'd be pretty happy if I could just get one or two more. I was just surprised by JUST how good they look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back