• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Merchandise Discussion

2021 Merchandise Discussion
28412x.jpg
28413x.jpg
29506Alt1x.jpg

Build a Bear - there are a lot more.

28412x.jpg
28413x.jpg
29506Alt1x.jpg

Build a Bear - there are a lot more.
@krand1276 - I seem to remember you're a Teddy collector??? This Build a Bear Teddy is adorable.

Side-note/trivia- the last time Dawn and I rode the MKH After hours HMH, I counted...7 (@Shelterkat was it 6 or 7...getting old is no fun...haha) Teddy's. That included the Stretching Poster in the elevator.

Disney Parks Wishables Mystery Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Mickey Mouse Disney Parks Wishables Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Minnie Mouse Disney Parks Wishables Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Vinylmation Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Series Tray – Limited Release

@krand1276 - I seem to remember you're a Teddy collector??? This Build a Bear Teddy is adorable.

Side-note/trivia- the last time Dawn and I rode the MKH After hours HMH, I counted...7 (@Shelterkat was it 6 or 7...getting old is no fun...haha) Teddy's. That included the Stretching Poster in the elevator.
Eek! So cute!!!

I believe there are 6 of them in HM. That's where I fell in love with the character. He's so cute (and a busy litttle guy!!!).

Thank you for the tag!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Disney Parks Wishables Mystery Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Mickey Mouse Disney Parks Wishables Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Minnie Mouse Disney Parks Wishables Plush – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Micro 5'' – Limited Release
Vinylmation Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Series Tray – Limited Release
Vinylmations??? Oh my goodness - nostalgic memories overload! :O

it’s almost like a time capsule. I can imagine 10 years ago production team:

“oh man, wait till the vinylmation collectors see what we have in store for the 50th!!”

….

….

Oh.

(And yet, if I had the funds, I would so get the tray just to know how it felt like again. XD)

Vinylmations??? Oh my goodness - nostalgic memories overload! :O

it’s almost like a time capsule. I can imagine 10 years ago production team:

“oh man, wait till the vinylmation collectors see what we have in store for the 50th!!”

….

….

Oh.

(And yet, if I had the funds, I would so get the tray just to know how it felt like again. XD)
I have to ask, what happened to Vinyls? I never collected them, but at one point they were huge, and then they kind of went away. Did Disney stop producing them, did they overproduce them and they lost popularity, are they still popular/sought after today?

I have to ask, what happened to Vinyls? I never collected them, but at one point they were huge, and then they kind of went away. Did Disney stop producing them, did they overproduce them and they lost popularity, are they still popular/sought after today?

The answer is ALWAYS that Disney overproduced them and killed the market. See also: Tsum tsum, keys ...

Can't justify the cost for all of the vinylmations but I'll have to figure out a cost-effective way to get the toady chaser.

Lol I figured, and same with the Keys. They were awesome at first, but Disney LOVES to ruin a good thing :p

Honestly, it goes back to, like, 1999/2000-ish with "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (Which was on the Disney-owned ABC.) It started as a primetime "miniseries" running once for a few nights. Huge hit. Bring it back for another short run! Still a hit. LET'S PUT IT ON EVERY DAY FOR FOREVER. People got tired of it. I know it's still out there somewhere, but it ain't remotely what it was. It is such a classic example of Disney not understanding "too much of a good thing." Ha.

Honestly, it goes back to, like, 1999/2000-ish with "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (Which was on the Disney-owned ABC.) It started as a primetime "miniseries" running once for a few nights. Huge hit. Bring it back for another short run! Still a hit. LET'S PUT IT ON EVERY DAY FOR FOREVER. People got tired of it. I know it's still out there somewhere, but it ain't remotely what it was. It is such a classic example of Disney not understanding "too much of a good thing." Ha.
Yep, I think Wishables are going down that same route rn.

I feel like tsum tsums kind of went the way of Beanie Babies. I feel like maybe this happened with Duffy too? Which makes me sad because I love Duffy and friends. I wish they still had a following here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't justify the cost for all of the vinylmations but I'll have to figure out a cost-effective way to get the toady chaser.

you can always try to do a co-op! :) I mean, I totally would help if my funds were in a better place.

honestly the very reappearance of them on shopdisney is making me fight rehab addictions. I guess it’s because I never even got to go to Vinylmation Anonymous. They dropped it cold turkey. I didn’t even get to say goodbye…

(ahem. Don’t worry I’ll get help.)

I totally agree with all of you though. They oversaturated the market. It was fun when you got to have check off lists for the main series and the occasional off shoot brand. But then it became where they would flood the Disney stores with a bunch of mediocre designs that never died and then the real quality designs were super rare and difficult to get a hold of.

Don’t get me wrong- I loved them. I have a ton of awesome memories that I wouldn’t take away from collecting and enjoying them as a family and I still have a collection of my favorites (i reconstructed mine after helping my nieces rebuild theirs after ‘the fire’. Among mine is my paint drip Mickey that I had such a blast finding at the park when it was first released. That’s another story). But it definitely taught me that when it comes to Disney collecting I have to just enjoy it at my own pace and not Disney’s pace. ;)

Still have my Wonderland vinylmations (not anywhere near complete but a nice grouping) on a shelf. Have a handful of Marvel ones that I randomly got somewhere a while ago. And probably a handful of traders that I never traded because the boxes suddenly disappeared at the park. But I still like the Wonderland ones because they're a perfectly fine part of my general Wonderland collection rather than a Vinylmation collection specifically.

Back