• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
Ooooh, that was my disconnect. I do not have the paid membership. Thank you for clarifying!

Yeahhhhh it was a sad day for everyone in my purse group when we realized we couldn't use it anymore. Haha. I'm not convinced we were ever SUPPOSED to be able to use it with the free membership, but either way ShopDisney caught on and fixed the glitch.

I was testing out the SAVE40 coupon, but I can't get it to work with any other coupon except SHIPMAGIC. Am I doing something wrong that I can't get Snow White down to $70.19?
As mentioned the D23MAGIC code is for D23 Gold Members...not general D23 members. In other news - if you are a Disney Visa cardholder, the 10% off DOES work! I just got Rapunzel for $50 (40% off, 10% Visa, $18 Honey bonus offer, 2% Honey cash back). Want to get Mulan, but she is not coming up with a bonus offer (maybe she is almost sold out?). I'm going to keep trying. Hope my 18yo likes her Christmas gift!

Huh. So more pictures leaked for Belle. It's better than I was thinking. A slinky dress, interesting choice. But I cannot figure out what in the world is going on with the fabric in the preview pictures.

Here we go
b77816615b9f94f69f535e19b7090704.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Re: Belle - I like her rose poof thing she's got around her waist, and all the different fabric foliage stuff going on. Updo is "ok" - just looks so tightly wound, maybe it's another rose looking style from behind. Not sure what it is, but I just don't care for her face - maybe if her hair was around her face I would feel different - sorry Belle!

@Rapunz I think I feel similarly about her face. Something is off. The hair is not working as well from this angle. I'm probably a bit picky, but the wide eyes are contrasting with the slinkiness of the gown?

If I buy her I will probably change out those earrings. Tassel dangle earrings worked on Mulan, but I'm not liking them with Belle's look. The head wrap thing on her head is enough as it is.

As we enter in to September 2022, can I just say the fact that the first release doll (Jasmine) has been on Shop Disney for 11 months is - insane. Oh the economy, gas prices,....no. When there is a sought after doll, people eat Ramen and get the doll. They made too many, they are priced too high for not really being as collectable as other releases. Please Disney (if you troll)....never do 10K again, and lower your prices instead of these random sales that just make those who got one early at full price mad.

As we enter in to September 2022, can I just say the fact that the first release doll (Jasmine) has been on Shop Disney for 11 months is - insane. Oh the economy, gas prices,....no. When there is a sought after doll, people eat Ramen and get the doll. They made too many, they are priced too high for not really being as collectable as other releases. Please Disney (if you troll)....never do 10K again, and lower your prices instead of these random sales that just make those who got one early at full price mad.
Amen to that! :D

Eh, I disagree. I’d rather have too many than too little. I love not having to fight scalpers for these dolls. I’ve been getting (or trying to get) the recent Monster High collector dolls and those drops are a nightmare. I don’t see Disney dropping the prices, so if the options are a) paying $129 for a more widely available doll & possibly having the price go down later or b) paying $129 for a more limited doll that sells out in minutes with the risk having to pay an even higher price from a scalper if you’re not lucky enough, I’d definitely prefer the former.

Eh, I disagree. I’d rather have too many than too little. I love not having to fight scalpers for these dolls. I’ve been getting (or trying to get) the recent Monster High collector dolls and those drops are a nightmare. I don’t see Disney dropping the prices, so if the options are a) paying $129 for a more widely available doll & possibly having the price go down later or b) paying $129 for a more limited doll that sells out in minutes with the risk having to pay an even higher price from a scalper if you’re not lucky enough, I’d definitely prefer the former.
Ooh, a fellow Monster High collector!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Ooo, I get you on that too! The part I agree with before was make more of each doll and drop the prices. :D

Yay, I've been a long time MH collector too! The Haunt Couture dolls are not being released well at all. Nor are the Creeproduction dolls. Ugh

I’m with you. I prefer the new way of Disney releases. I think it’s their way of trying to combat the secondary market plus disney stores are no longer around like they used to be so they had to make it more accessible. I do not miss site crashes, I do not miss scalpers and I do not miss the overall anxiety that came with a hobby that’s supposed to be fun. I’d rather have enough product to go around for everyone to get what they want. Just For me personally, Being slightly annoyed because a doll went on sale that I may have had to pay full retail price for is a small price to pay for the luxury we have now.

Looks interesting here. The lower dress is looking swanky now.

Have we ever seen Belle in a mermaid style dress, or anything tight fitting in general? I'm not against all of the decisions, but it definitely seems like this series is purposely doing contrast or opposite styles for some of the Princesses. Jasmine in red, Cinderella with pants, Belle with a tight dress. Like they sat back and thought about what these characters look like and said let's do the opposite. Maybe that's the fashion world. :p

Disney Parks Blog did a sneak peek of D23 merch ... New Jasmine and Merida dolls, and a wedding dress Giselle!

Everyone is going to lose their minds over Giselle, haha, but I want Merida!!!!

So are those the last three for the designer series?

No. ShopDisney has already revealed (sans photos) that there will be "alternate" versions of Aurora, Tiana, and Ariel to complete the 15 announced for that series.

These are anniversary dolls. Or at least, Jasmine and Merida are. IDK Enchanted's release year but the sequel is coming out soon(ish) and people have wanted a Wedding Dress Giselle for YEARS.

ETA: Enchanted is 15 this year. So yes, an anniversary. With sequel synergy, ha.

I can see where they were trying for a rose with the dress waist which i think was a cool idea. But the whole doll to me looks nothing like Belle except for the rose. Belle has the distictive wooshy sweeping bangs to both sides. The drawing seemed to kind of get that part right but the doll doesn't really... at all. The mouth looks off to me too. Perhaps if they had made the top of the dress the green stem of the rose and the bottom like the glass jar, the whole look would have drawn me in more ? Actually if the bottom inner skirt was the green stem and the waist petals went upward to form a bodice and then the clear glass jar bigger skirt would work??

I always get sad when D23 comes around. I can't make it to those exclusive events and yet I would like one of the dolls. So it's just disappointing for me in the end.
If it makes you feel any better, i think most people who go to the events can't get them either. Its such chaos inside the place. Especially when it comes to trying to buy things. You may be better off than those who wait all day in a line only to find out they sold out in the first five minutes or presale or something. With this economy it may be that they end up selling for less markup than usual on the secondary market and perhaps you will still be able to track one down eventually :)

Back