• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
There's also a Herc and Meg set coming to D23. These are reportedly 12" dolls. Word is Giselle, Jasmine, and Merida are 17". As is the Snow White doll that is yet to be revealed. IDK why I keep forgetting about Snow's 85th ... It's probably a defense mechanism ... but I need that doll to be ugly, hahaha.
25d511b753a29018b1c86c8f546ebe01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

There's also a Herc and Meg set coming to D23. These are reportedly 12" dolls. Word is Giselle, Jasmine, and Merida are 17". As is the Snow White doll that is yet to be revealed. IDK why I keep forgetting about Snow's 85th ... It's probably a defense mechanism ... but I need that doll to be ugly, hahaha.

Nnnnnnnóoooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel any better, i think most people who go to the events can't get them either. Its such chaos inside the place. Especially when it comes to trying to buy things. You may be better off than those who wait all day in a line only to find out they sold out in the first five minutes or presale or something. With this economy it may be that they end up selling for less markup than usual on the secondary market and perhaps you will still be able to track one down eventually :)
I guess in light of the chaos it's a little cheering to know that my stress level of fighting crowds will be zilch. And I may check on eBay just in case there's one that's $30 or $40 marked up at the most. Thanks for that perspective.

Cruuuuuuud. Another doll set I would have liked to get...

Belle feature photo is up over at ShopDisney....really like the dress, the base with the chunky roses - pretty! Passing though

Belle feature photo is up over at ShopDisney....really like the dress, the base with the chunky roses - pretty! Passing though
I'm thinking I'm in the same boat. Just not flashy enough or suiting my taste for me to consider. Maybe if coupons work for it down the road I might reconsider.

Also, for the record (and those who don't have social media accounts), here is the 12th doll from the series everyone has already forgotten about because #D23 haha.

19a1a87605d92b35cee6c7a80ed24e7e.jpg

I have already marked her down to $57 in my head... Sorry Belle. (or in the case of the pin... $4.98... the expectations have been formed.)

I love everything about the Belle doll - dress, blue night backdrop....EXCEPT still not a fan of the face sculpt and hair (which is probably the most important thing) She's cute - but not a must have. I'll be there for her clearance maybe. Snow White rarely underwhelms me...her dress looks a little simple, but I'll be there in the queue if she is released on ShopDisney :p.

Yeah I’m in agreement with everyone else regarding Belle. Love the dress, but am put off by the face. I’ll wait for a sale.

The Shuri doll is on ShopDisney if anyone wants her! Personally I’m not interested in these Marvel dolls.

So a friend sent me these 2 pictures recently of papers that were found at D23. Supposedly they highlight the features that will be exclusive to D23 Jasmine and Merida. If the cape on Merida is off the ShopDisney version, that's pretty grievous. Same potentially with the panels on the sides of Jasmine. Especially if what I'm hearing about the price of $179.99 being the new price for these 17 in dolls, whether D23 or not. If that is a permanent hike, I will be out from buying dolls. My paycheck has not gone up and I don't keep my dolls in box for resale. It's getting way too expensive and I wonder if there are others who can't keep up either.

So a friend sent me these 2 pictures recently of papers that were found at D23. Supposedly they highlight the features that will be exclusive to D23 Jasmine and Merida. If the cape on Merida is off the ShopDisney version, that's pretty grievous. Same potentially with the panels on the sides of Jasmine. Especially if what I'm hearing about the price of $179.99 being the new price for these 17 in dolls, whether D23 or not. If that is a permanent hike, I will be out from buying dolls. My paycheck has not gone up and I don't keep my dolls in box for resale. It's getting way too expensive and I wonder if there are others who can't keep up either.

Wow interresting! I think the pictures are concept art because Jasmine has a shawl that’s not on the d23 version and I highly doubt the regular release would add a detail like that.

I fully expected the regular releases to lose the lamp & bears, but no cape for Merida and the loss of the side panels for Jasmine would be major blows. And a possible price increase too? Yikes.

Considering that both flyers say D23 variant, they can't be the regular Shop Disney version.

Rumors are that Jasmine's jewelry will be removed or toned down for the Shop Disney version, the panels removed, and no lamp.
For Merida, no cape and no bears and no gems. Those are the rumors

If it helps, when I was buying them, the sales person pointed out the bears and said they were what made merida special for d23.

$179.99, that better be just the D23 super limited souped up version only. And I'm sure it is. I remember the 2019 Masquerade d23 dolls were $199....you got the bonus guy. $179 though...that's a lot to be able to say I got the 3 bears and the cape with it.

$179.99, that better be just the D23 super limited souped up version only. And I'm sure it is. I remember the 2019 Masquerade d23 dolls were $199....you got the bonus guy. $179 though...that's a lot to be able to say I got the 3 bears and the cape with it.

Yup, but if you think about it, the Designer Masquerade 2 piece were $179 at D23, but the the Hercules/Meg 2 piece were $299.99!!!

I have to go check to see what Megara sold for on SD...she was $129.99, right?

I think they are going to do what Harrods did with those LE100 Frozen and Aurora dolls...

I remember paying somewhere around $137 total for the Masquerade Megara, so I think $129.99 was right.

Maybe I'm just questioning my doll collecting life, but these recent doll releases have me feeling worn out. This goes for Disney, MH, Rainbow High, etc. I feel like my nerves and my bank account are depleted. I don't enjoy the fun of doll hunting like I used to. And it doesn't help that money doesn't go as far as it used to, yet everything is going up in price. Feels like a madhouse trying to be a collector today.

So maybe that's why I'm not feeling particularly great about the Disney releases lately. I'm just so meh. I love most Belle dolls, and this month's release didn't inspire me at all. So I passed on her without a second thought.

The possible price hikes are wearing me down mentally. Maybe they won't happen. That will determine whether I attempt to buy a D23 doll.

I guess the ones I'm still kind of interested in are the last 3 redo dolls in the Ultimate Princess line. Then again, I don't want to be disappointed by another design... Maybe it's dangerous to have my hopes high for the redo Ariel and Aurora.

Back