• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
The good news is I’ll be saving my money and skipping this one.
That's the silver lining I'm taking away from this too. I guess I will be saving money. :/

I am noticing that this series of dolls tends to have a problem with cheap fabric vs quality fabrics. Those flowery organza cutouts coming out of her dress just scream low quality to me. Yeah, kind of like Barbie quality (like you guys already said). I miss dolls with more embroidery, rhinestones (tastefully done), metallics, and finished edges and hems. A panel on Briar Rose would have gone a long way to making her look amazing. Ugh.

The good news is I’ll be saving my money and skipping this one. She actually is a pretty doll if she were just an ordinary doll. It’s Just not what I’m willing to pay $130 for. I love that the designer series takes risks and explores new territory with the characters. But I also love even more when they can do that while still keeping the characters grounded in their likeness. They already changed her face, but her hair now is just….I actually now prefer the hair of the previous Aurora doll. I want to reiterate she is a nice doll and the designer did a good job, no disrespect to them at all , but I do agree @MissLemon , this is something more along the lines of what I would expect from Mattel or Hasbro as a look for a new fairy collection and not something from Disney. She looks like a new iteration of those barbie and the enchanted forest or something movies.

In regards to the pin art we saw earlier, I can see and understand where the designer was trying to go. Taking into account the designers name and possible background, If anything the outfit doesn’t appear to me like a kimono at all but more like robes. I just wish there was a more solid and stable concept with detailed embellishments to make this doll stand out as a designer doll instead of a run of the mill Mattell doll, especially for such a price.

Well, she is LE5500 instead of 9600. Maybe Disney is hoping it won't end up at the outlets for $55 like Moana, Tiana and Merida did...

So Disney enjoyed the years of 10 minute sell-outs online for dolls anywhere from 4000 - 7000 limited edition count. BOOM, all sold and money made. Then the slow price increase and the 2021 "we want to sell 10,000 now" (so greedy). And yeah, many have said "yay, no stress, got my doll!" But you could have gotten Jasmine for the past 365 days, several times... at a 40% off discount! Can you see how Disney has reversed the process? You used to have to head over to eBay and pay more to get the sold-out more limited doll you wanted. Now you just pay Disney more to get a higher qty not-sold-out doll. I have personally switched to chasing a price rather than caring about a release date. And they want to further saturate their site with alternate dolls at $10 more? Curious if these will be 10K as well, as there is no reason to pay their new price for a doll they clearly will have in stock after several price drop offers. If price is not a factor and you must have the doll today - by no means....get it. But I personally get annoyed at sales within 90 days if I already got the doll....and am over joyed if I waited and coupon-coded my heart out. So there you have it.

Edit: I missed the next doll is LE5500. I'll be watching to see how fast that goes. I predict crickets, but that's because Disney made my glass 1/2 empty.

Last edited:
Well, she is LE5500 instead of 9600. Maybe Disney is hoping it won't end up at the outlets for $55 like Moana, Tiana and Merida did...

That’s awesome! Even with the smaller numbers, it’s a reasonable edition size and I hope everyone who likes her can get one. Aurora is one of my favorites so Even though I won’t be getting this one, she is nice and I’m glad to have seen some positive anticipation from others.

LOL I’m sure Disney wants them all to sell out eventually but Whether they go on sale or not doesn’t bother me. I’m just super grateful to Disney for releasing this line the way they did this past year.

Pictures of the Snow White are out because she is apparently now at the parks (not sure if WDW or DLR)....regardless, you get 30% off with your magic key / annual pass for another few days at DLR...

Hold on, let me figure out how to put it...

LE7700!! WOW

I see Aurora is up for pre-order. Curious - any takers? She's only 5500. Not bad....the only thing I like is her bouncy hair and butterfly hair piece - so that's not enough to drop any amount of cash. These dolls don't have to dress anything like their character...but this doll (to me) doesn't make me even think of Aurora. I know Aurora goes into a trance....but I don't want my doll to have that expression and look like some other blonde. Tired of my negativity yet? Me too..... argh Disney! If someone see's Snow White pop up for sale, let me know.

I see Aurora is up for pre-order. Curious - any takers? She's only 5500. Not bad....the only thing I like is her bouncy hair and butterfly hair piece - so that's not enough to drop any amount of cash. These dolls don't have to dress anything like their character...but this doll (to me) doesn't make me even think of Aurora. I know Aurora goes into a trance....but I don't want my doll to have that expression and look like some other blonde. Tired of my negativity yet? Me too..... argh Disney! If someone see's Snow White pop up for sale, let me know.
I'm feeling largely the same. I definitely commiserate with how you're feeling. I really want to like these dolls more, but I don't. :(

I won't be buying this Aurora. Granted, I do not think she is a bad doll but as a Disney Designer Doll at a $130 price point (before taxes!), she is not worth it to me. The outfit is pretty and I can see where the designer was coming from with Briar Rose being of the forest and having that muted grey purplish color palette. But the design is so far off from what I would imagine Aurora wearing and it is made worse by the fact that this doll just doesn't resemble Aurora. Her signature bangs are absent and I don't like the crunchy gel curls plopped on her shoulders. Her face is pretty, but again it is lacking in its resemblance to Aurora. I agree with many that she looks like a Barbie doll. I apologize for the negativity, especially because as I said she is a nice enough doll, but I will be skipping this one. I am interested in seeing the next two releases though and wonder if they will release on a schedule with Tiana in November and Ariel in December (the month the first one came out in).

Does anyone know how long auroras preorders will be up?
Presumably until she sells out. When that will be, I have no clue. She’s about half the edition size of the other Ultimate Princess dolls, so I don’t think she’ll be up nearly as long as the others, but I don’t think her design is too popular? It’ll be interesting to see how long she lasts.

I want to love the Aurora doll but she just doesn't look like her! It's not even about the outfit, but the face and hair are just generic and don't look like Aurora. Not sure what they were thinking with this one, or many of these really. I haven't liked any of this series very much which is disappointing.

So Disney enjoyed the years of 10 minute sell-outs online for dolls anywhere from 4000 - 7000 limited edition count. BOOM, all sold and money made. Then the slow price increase and the 2021 "we want to sell 10,000 now" (so greedy). And yeah, many have said "yay, no stress, got my doll!" But you could have gotten Jasmine for the past 365 days, several times... at a 40% off discount! Can you see how Disney has reversed the process? You used to have to head over to eBay and pay more to get the sold-out more limited doll you wanted. Now you just pay Disney more to get a higher qty not-sold-out doll. I have personally switched to chasing a price rather than caring about a release date. And they want to further saturate their site with alternate dolls at $10 more? Curious if these will be 10K as well, as there is no reason to pay their new price for a doll they clearly will have in stock after several price drop offers. If price is not a factor and you must have the doll today - by no means....get it. But I personally get annoyed at sales within 90 days if I already got the doll....and am over joyed if I waited and coupon-coded my heart out. So there you have it.

Edit: I missed the next doll is LE5500. I'll be watching to see how fast that goes. I predict crickets, but that's because Disney made my glass 1/2 empty.
Totally spot on!

I am not a big doll collector (pins are my game), but I told myself if Moana got down to $50ish I would buy her... so I also did the price watch waiting game. The dolls have appeared (and been restocked at least once) in my Disney store for $70 and then there was another discount of 30% offered back in September. I bought Moana at my goal price of $50ish last month. I also will not buy the corresponding pins for more than $4.98 now... since that is the price the first 6 went to. My expectations have been set.

#waiting out Disney

Totally spot on!

I am not a big doll collector (pins are my game), but I told myself if Moana got down to $50ish I would buy her... so I also did the price watch waiting game. The dolls have appeared (and been restocked at least once) in my Disney store for $70 and then there was another discount of 30% offered back in September. I bought Moana at my goal price of $50ish last month. I also will not buy the corresponding pins for more than $4.98 now... since that is the price the first 6 went to. My expectations have been set.

#waiting out Disney

Yup, I'm going to wait out Disney now for the pins. I think I bought them around $8 after discounts but then, last month, they were finally at the outlets....

What is going on with Merida!!! I see she has been released, but not on the site - usually it says "sold out" - but I can't find her. hmmmmm (Nevermind, she just popped back up!)

Whatever - I got the 10th anniversary Merida. Yes, she is $149 and not extra special with her 3 brother bears....but she is beautiful. If anyone is interested - the shopdisney asia site shows her out of box and you can see the back-view. Love the little bears at the trim of her skirt, and the bun/braid thing in the back. LE 4900 Worldwide.

ShopDisney fluffed up the info on social ... I guess they thought she was a 10" doll for the 17th anniversary, hahaha.

575d440ac58c4c1aec13d27dd315e2cb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

In a way, I am appreciative of these simpler D23 versions. They are easy on the eyes after all the weirdness of the Designer line. Heh.

Especially the D23 vs ShopDisney 17 inch Jasmine. While I don't think the $149 price tag is warranted, I actually do like the simpler version overall. The D23 version is pretty, but also unbalanced or overdone or something?

Now I just debate with myself whether I want to go forward with the new doll pricing and buy her. I have the teal 17 inch Jasmine, so I don't know if I should get another.

Back