• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
I went to eBay to see if anyone had actual pictures up of the ShopDisney Merida and a few do...the back drop is gorgeous. On shopdisney it's very dark, but it's a beautiful forest scene if you let the light in from above. I personally have never had a Merida, and I wasn't really looking for one....but (again, based on actual photos) I did love her hair and face. I think the D23 has sort of a black fur around her neck, making it look a little more wintery...whereas the other doesn't, looks less weighted and more feminine or something. Yeah, I liked this one better...but those little bears are cute :)

Hm, I think I prefer ShopDisney Jasmine’s top but D23’s Jasmine’s bottom. Jasmine was the only D23 variant doll I bought. The embroidery on the panels of her skirt continues throughout the back and is just stunning out of box. So I’ll definitely be sitting her ShopDisney release out.

I like Merida, and the loss of the cape really isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It lets you appreciate her sleeves which were swallowed up by the cape in the D23 one. But I’m still skipping her. I just have other doll priorities right now lol

Just an FYI....Honey says 12% cash back in toys and games right now. Was not sure if it would work, but it did for Merida. If she stays up for a week, I predict the $25 will be offer will replace it...but at least I was able to bring her down to last year's 17" doll pricing.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but ShopDisney has Jasmine 17" Anniversary Doll featured in the Coming Soon section - 11/1/22 release.
Whaaaaa? Fudge, I'm not ready for her. I thought I had a few weeks. x_x Thanks for the warning!

Edit: I seem to be the worst at finding information on this release. Do you know who or what is saying she is releasing tomorrow? I can't even find the "Coming Soon" page on ShopDisney anymore.

Last edited:
Whaaaaa? Fudge, I'm not ready for her. I thought I had a few weeks. x_x Thanks for the warning!

Edit: I seem to be the worst at finding information on this release. Do you know who or what is saying she is releasing tomorrow? I can't even find the "Coming Soon" page on ShopDisney anymore.
If you go to ShopDisney, and click on "New and Trending", then scroll down to "New Styles On The Way"....right now you don't see her because you have to scroll left and right to see the entire list, look for the arrows. :) In case you don't find it, it does say 7AM PST release...I'm sure she will be in stock for days though, maybe weeks. Merida is still in stock.

You need to go here and scroll down a ways:

It's called "New & Trending" now in the website menu. And you have to scroll past all the already released new merch to find the Coming Soon bits.

373aec2899ebaaa527d5644a7e509cd8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you! @Rapunz and @Addicted to Alice Pins xD I am the worst at figuring out how to navigate the Shop Disney website. (And it's not called "Coming Soon" confused me so much, lol.)

That's good to know, that she may not sell out for a while. I hope? Anniversary Megara sold out in 3 days I think, but hopefully this being an alternative D23 doll Jasmine won't sell out as fast.

I have to agree, the second Tiana is really hitting the mark. (It shows some of the designers really knew what they were doing.) Since I already have the first Tiana, and I like the colors of her outfit a little more, I'll be passing on the second Tiana, but she will definitely make a fine addition to any collection. I absolutely love all the stars they put on her outfit, hair, and even her cheeks.

Holy smokes, Tiana is amazing. I love the bayou backdrop and that they leaned further into her 1920s look.

Jasmine Limited Edition Doll – Aladdin 30th Anniversary – 17''

Okay, so I took the plunge on the LE Jasmine. So with free shipping, and two cash back offers through Honey (~$12 and ~$25), that puts my total at $123.08. Not epic, but better than the increased LE price first showed.

Now I just have to wait 2 months to redeem the points.

That Tiana might just be the best of all of the 2021/22 Designers. She looks like the red carpet premier Snow White era one. Will probably pass because I have to put food on the table - for the love with these endless doll releases. 30th Jasmine is pretty, but she desperately needs whatever those jeweled things are called you often see in her hair. She usually has a headband with a big gem does she not? Needs something...anything. Curious to see actual photos in her box, because the stock one makes it look like the top of her head is hidden - surely she's not that crammed in looking. Post pics if anyone gets one!

It might just be a site glitch. Last I checked , only five of the dolls were officially “sold out”. There was a sale this past weekend, I was able to get Moana for like 65 but I HIGHLY doubt all the others sold out.

I’m sure they are just updating the site.

It might just be a site glitch. Last I checked , only five of the dolls were officially “sold out”. There was a sale this past weekend, I was able to get Moana for like 65 but I HIGHLY doubt all the others sold out.

I’m sure they are just updating the site.
they are like $65 at the outlet store currently too!

I got Merida today. This box is massive. Same height as my other 17" ones, but it's deep. 7.5". Compared to all my others which are 5.5" deep. It's also 13" wide. Have there been 17's that have been in this big of a box or have I just not bought one in a while?? I also thought the inside doors were just golden yellow colored...but it's actually a shimmery gold. Nice. Don't like how these still have open tops if you want to display them in the inner box. FIX THIS DISNEY!

I got Merida today. This box is massive. Same height as my other 17" ones, but it's deep. 7.5". Compared to all my others which are 5.5" deep. It's also 13" wide. Have there been 17's that have been in this big of a box or have I just not bought one in a while?? I also thought the inside doors were just golden yellow colored...but it's actually a shimmery gold. Nice. Don't like how these still have open tops if you want to display them in the inner box. FIX THIS DISNEY!

Interesting. The D23 dolls--at least Merida and Snow--are in bigger boxes, but I wasn't sure if that was a design choice to accommodate the "extras" those came with. But maybe they just produced the boxes in bulk to save $$$.

Interesting. The D23 dolls--at least Merida and Snow--are in bigger boxes, but I wasn't sure if that was a design choice to accommodate the "extras" those came with. But maybe they just produced the boxes in bulk to save $$$.
That must be what they did....big box for D23, and save money and use same box for the lessers. I don't have a wall of these dolls like I see on youtube videos...but this one will look jumbo and not match the rest that's for sure.

Back