• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

another forum sprouted

Status
Not open for further replies.
another forum sprouted

nursek8

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
yup another pin forum sprouted wings the other daystarted on pinpics no less. I really hate the splintering occurring after the retirement of dizpins :sad: its nice that they ae starting it but there were several other boards started up allready and i have noted that the pin community is splintering into niches! :cry:

Yes and no, being a Transformers fan there are many mainstream fan boards out there, but usually they can co-exist with one or two bad apples out there. I do not see why this would be any different

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Well I still really like this site. Your features are unbeatable! :)

Thanks for the support, guys! I'm still working on integrating the good 'ol dizpins reference center :) i'm hoping to have it done very soon, hopefully in the next few hours! :D you can add your reference center e-mails in your profiles already :D

its very annoying but im going to stay right here. :)
:bigthumb: thanks for the support! :D check out our Secret Santa forum and sign up if you're interested ;) We're also working on some other things in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Definately staying here. :) Great forum and WONDERFUL members and mods!!! Thanks so much for the hard work!!!

A few minutes ago I tried to register for the PinPics Pin Talk forum, but it's not working properly at the moment. I trust they'll work out the bugs, but it makes me appreciate this forum all the more.

I make my bed and I sleep in it. THIS IS MY HOME and I know this site will ROCK compared to others. The MODS who run this site eat it, sleep it and drink it. They have put their lives into it and this is just the start.

I have been on many other type of fan forums and none have had the customer service and attitude this one has.
Go and look at the others and it will only make you feel better knowing you are on the BEST FORUM OUT THERE.

Thanks again MODS.......

Thanks for the support, guys! I'm still working on integrating the good 'ol dizpins reference center :) i'm hoping to have it done very soon, hopefully in the next few hours! :D you can add your reference center e-mails in your profiles already :D

I'm not understanding what you mean by this? I have a lot of references on the reference center under one of my old email addresses, are you saying I can move those to the feedback system here? :)

I'm not understanding what you mean by this? I have a lot of references on the reference center under one of my old email addresses, are you saying I can move those to the feedback system here? :)
in a way, yes :) I'm fortunate enough to work on the site during my day job, but we have a lot of events coming up, so I didn't get a chance to finish it this morning like I had planned, but I'm hoping to finish this feature tonight.

Essentially, it will be similar to your pinpics ID links, only it will link to each persons' dizpins reference center reference list :)

YES,I am definetly staying put..I love it here..the MODS are the best ever around
Could not find better friends either...and Danny who would report you?That makes no sense at all

Judy

here's a question that hopefully someone can answer. Why are so many people starting up their own groups? DPF was one of the first if not first groups I heard about after learning about the closure of dizpins. I can understand that there would be a few new groups from the get go, but now that it's been at least a week since the announcement of the closure of dizpins, and most everyone there knows that groups have been started, why would someone make another? With so many groups, I'm afraid that the disney pin trading community will not be a close as it once was. I know I had a hard time over at dizpins (I felt out of the loop a lot!) and I really like it here because, well, I'm actually in the loop! Also with all of these groups, won't it be harder to keep track of references and scrapper pin releases (unless they are all willing to share this information, which, if that's the case, I guess it's ok. Still kind of frustrating.)? It just doesn't feel like a smart move to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

The internet is full of options and we're glad people now have more choices when it comes to Disney pin information and discussion. Whether 10 or 100 more Disney pin discussion boards pop-up, we feel the sharing of information and ideas is what matters most within the community. We'll keep running DisneyPinForum.com the way we believe it should be run: with you, the pin trader and collector, in mind.

Thanks again and always to every one of our members! :hug:

Everyone please feel free to join in on this discussion! :rock:

soapbox.jpg

here's a question that hopefully someone can answer. Why are so many people starting up their own groups? DPF was one of the first if not first groups I heard about after learning about the closure of dizpins. I can understand that there would be a few new groups from the get go, but now that it's been at least a week since the announcement of the closure of dizpins, and most everyone there knows that groups have been started, why would someone make another? With so many groups, I'm afraid that the disney pin trading community will not be a close as it once was. I know I had a hard time over at dizpins (I felt out of the loop a lot!) and I really like it here because, well, I'm actually in the loop! Also with all of these groups, won't it be harder to keep track of references and scrapper pin releases (unless they are all willing to share this information, which, if that's the case, I guess it's ok. Still kind of frustrating.)? It just doesn't feel like a smart move to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

I can attempt to answer this, but please keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Even when Dizpins was going strong, it still co-existed peacefully with many other unofficial Disney fan sites (yes, some of them covered pins in their subject matter). I think many of the Dizpins users were unaware of them because they were so happy with their 'home,' they had no reason to go looking for other sites. However, those sites were out there - and still are - and many Dizpins members belonged to more than one forum.

Now that Dizpins announces that it's going to close, mass panic ensues as people scramble to establish a new community to call 'home.' For whatever reason, some sites come together quickly and are online within 24-48 hours. However, for other sites, it might take up to a week or even longer to get the concepts for their forums sketched out and the boards themselves put together and ready to be brought online. You might not be aware of this, but there is much more to running and operating a forum than just putting it together and turning it live on the internet for people to register and post. You have to realise that the vast majority of the new sites weren't even so much as ideas until Dizpins announced it was closing - it takes time to go from site concept to design to actually putting it on the internet ... which could be why the sites are going up at varying intervals. And if that site is dealing with anything Disney, well, you need to be even more careful because you can be almost certain Disney will take a close look at it.

I don't know that I'd say the Disney pin community ever was 'close.' I'd say that sites like Dizpins certainly helped bring people together, but I don't think multiple sites will hurt anything or make the community any more fragmented than it already is. People will gravitate towards the site or sites that resonate with them - and IMO there is nothing wrong with people posting on multiple forums. I believe that people can stay connected (or 'in the loop' as you put it) if they are willing to invest the time and effort to do so. I've also checked out several of these forums and, as people have registered for more than one, I believe that the same information will get shared across many forums.

Creating options on the internet never is a bad idea. If those sites are well-done and supported, they will survive and help enhance the pin trading community - and it will force the other sites out there to keep improving. If not, they eventually will close. However, I don't believe the presence of choices will fragment the pin community any more than it already is - but I think it eventually will settle down into a very nice pattern. Right now, things still are in transition and I think it'll take another 4-6 months (if not longer) for them to really settle down and us to know what the internet pin forum landscape really looks like.

in a way, yes :) I'm fortunate enough to work on the site during my day job, but we have a lot of events coming up, so I didn't get a chance to finish it this morning like I had planned, but I'm hoping to finish this feature tonight.

Essentially, it will be similar to your pinpics ID links, only it will link to each persons' dizpins reference center reference list :)

I see, thank you for clearing that up! I like the feedback system on here better than the reference center, but it's nice to be able to see both. :)

I see, thank you for clearing that up! I like the feedback system on here better than the reference center, but it's nice to be able to see both. :)
that's the aim -- i know some people have hundreds of feedback on the dizpins reference center, and we want those references to remain valid, especially since a lot of people built their reputations there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back