• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!
This is so frustrating. Since most of us want Rapunzel, this makes putting a co op together difficult.

is the expo solely pins or is it other merchandise which might mean they didnt all sell out??

I know there are vinyls there, quite a few actually.

This is so frustrating. Since most of us want Rapunzel, this makes putting a co op together difficult.

Most anyone buying the set wants Rapunzel, so she was automatically going to be on high demand. =/

anyone want to place bets on how much someone will put Rapunzel on ebay for if they sell them individually?? Id be guessing around $150 looking at the disney girls reveal chaser..

Better yet, they should have asked how many people on Dpf would (say) want it at a 25-50% discount first and offer the rest to the public, lol!

This! :D

Seriously though, I wish it wasn't such a low edition size. I would buy the set for snow white and rapunzel alone, but this set comes at such a bad time for me. Now with it being released at D23.... I guess I can just save up for the journals :lol:

The merchandise isn't limited, right? :eek:

anyone want to place bets on how much someone will put Rapunzel on ebay for if they sell them individually?? Id be guessing around $150 looking at the disney girls reveal chaser..

I say... 200 minimum. =x Every other princess, 20-40 besides maybe Belle and Ariel

So...if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?

Maybe they made a mistake? Or maybe a portion of the sets available will indeed go to D23 members, we'll wait and see this Sunday. Time for me to download chat room stuff I had been putting off, lol!

talking to the TheGrimGrinner. He says the princess set is still there. Says the Le5 110th frame set is sold out.

So now I have absolutely no chance of ever having the 110th Legacy set since they don't intend to release it on the website. That is so unfair to the general population who can't afford to travel to go to every event. It seems that living in California is the only way to get some of these items. I'm just plain ole giving up on Disney. They are a real bunch of jerks and I'm done being jerked around. I was loyal but no more. Who knows - maybe I'll just sell them all and be done with it.

So...if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?

Good Question. For our answer I turn the podium over to Dr. Bunson Honeydew of Muppet Labs.

Welcome again to Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. Heather asks "So if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?"
Heather, that is a very good question. We here at Muppet Labs like to believe in the goodness in mankind. However, we also have to believe in the poor communications skills of mankind, especially at Disneystore.com. Much like the infamous TinkerBell as Mary Poppins, this sets placeholder page was probably set up due to a misunderstanding at disneystore.com. The exact reason will obviously be a mystery as the people who make these decisions are kept well away from the buying public. Yes, like the elusive Sasquatch, also known as Bigfoot, the answer to your question will never be answered satisfactorily. However, there is one possible way that we might find the answer. I have just finished creating this mind reading helmut. I call it the "Read a Brain 5000". I will put it on my trusted assistant, Beaker. There we go. And now he will read the thoughts of the executives at Disneystore.com. As you notice, the flashing lights indicate that it is working. However, that smell of burning hair is not a good sign at all. oh dear, Beaker, come back. I can't put that fire out if you run away. Beaker! BEAKER!

And there you have it Heather.

Good Question. For our answer I turn the podium over to Dr. Bunson Honeydew of Muppet Labs.

Welcome again to Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. Heather asks "So if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?"
Heather, that is a very good question. We here at Muppet Labs like to believe in the goodness in mankind. However, we also have to believe in the poor communications skills of mankind, especially at Disneystore.com. Much like the infamous TinkerBell as Mary Poppins, this sets placeholder page was probably set up due to a misunderstanding at disneystore.com. The exact reason will obviously be a mystery as the people who make these decisions are kept well away from the buying public. Yes, like the elusive Sasquatch, also known as Bigfoot, the answer to your question will never be answered satisfactorily. However, there is one possible way that we might find the answer. I have just finished creating this mind reading helmut. I call it the "Read a Brain 5000". I will put it on my trusted assistant, Beaker. There we go. And now he will read the thoughts of the executives at Disneystore.com. As you notice, the flashing lights indicate that it is working. However, that smell of burning hair is not a good sign at all. oh dear, Beaker, come back. I can't put that fire out if you run away. Beaker! BEAKER!

Brilliant, LOL!

That other one does look familiar. Wonder who it is...

You can PM me if you want 2814 if you have something to say. :)

For those waiting for calls from people at the convention, I present the following.

[video=youtube;uMyCa35_mOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg[/video]

SOOOO heartbroken right now!! I can't believe this. I wanted this set so bad!! :( I just don't even know what to say if they released them all and now I don't have a chance at it. I had not wanted a set this bad in.... well forever!

This thread is almost as entertaining as the expo.... And you all thought you had to be in California to join the fun.

Who has the popcorn!?

Well, I am not waiting on any calls as I don't have the money to spend even if I was able to call someone...but I LOVE Tom Petty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually have a quote from my favorite Tom Petty song tattooed above the arch on my right foot.

So thank you, Melonballer.

Well, I am not waiting on any calls as I don't have the money to spend even if I was able to call someone...but I LOVE Tom Petty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually have a quote from my favorite Tom Petty song tattooed above the arch on my right foot.

So thank you, Melonballer.

You are welcome. Just trying to brighten a thread with humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back