• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!
Hey guys! I just went through the entire princess set. I looked at the front of them all carefully and took each of them out and checked the back. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They are all very well made. There are no enamel bubbles.

Last edited:
I saw them and they are gorgeous even with the enamel bubbles BUT I was on a budget and opted for Vinyls instead.

I am sorry, I don't understand why you posted something like this. You upset some members here for no good reason. If there was something wrong with the set I am sure it would have been mentioned by someone who actually owns it. :(

I am sorry, I don't understand why you posted something like this. You upset some members here for no good reason. If there was something wrong with the set I am sure it would have been mentioned by someone who actually owns it. :(

The set Greenhppr saw could have been flawed, it happens all the time. But, just because some pins are flawed doesn't mean they all will be. I think she was just trying to say that even though the ones she saw were flawed that she still felt they were really nice.

I looked at several sets while I was there, trying to pick out the best ones (as everyone else does too). And although there were no bubbles in the enamel, if you turned the pin just a certain direction so the light reflected off of it, many of the pins had tiny pin-point hole marks on them. But like I said, it's not seen or felt on the pins when looking at them normally. Only if you are trying to REALLY inspect each and every detail from an angle. I found them to be on at least one pin in every set I looked at.

Ack!

So I had texted my friend as soon as I saw that it was at the Expo, and I just heard back from her since she is home now. She got a set for me! Now, what do I do!

I have a bit of a mental block of "breaking sets up," but I never have low LE and wanted traders to trade for the things of that nature that I want (and there are a few: Beloved Tales, PoH pins and a few other things). I know it will be several months before I even get to see the Princess set, (my friend picks stuff up all year, and I get a box once or twice a year) so I will have time to make a decision. I just hope by the time I get it, they won't have lost all value (but in that case, then I just won't break it up).

I just got my set today...after looking VERY carefully at all of them I noticed that some have slight surface scratches, and some have pin hole marks in the enamel. I will be contacting everyone who was a part of the co-op and let them know what if any imperfections their pins have.

I bought the set from D23, and when me and my girlfriend opened the box, there were imperfections on Jasmine's dress. I'm sad that there are no more of these to exchange for because it is sort of noticeable. :(

I just got my set today...after looking VERY carefully at all of them I noticed that some have slight surface scratches, and some have pin hole marks in the enamel. I will be contacting everyone who was a part of the co-op and let them know what if any imperfections their pins have.

I looked at my set last night with a magnifying glass and saw the "tiny holes" below the enamel surface in three of the pins - maybe it has something to do with the glitter in the paint that was used?

Last edited:
I do think it has to do with the glitter paint, when dealing with glitter it is very difficult to get a nice smooth finnish, BUT saying that if there were only 150 made would it really take that long to over look the production to find these flaws???

Just FYI - when people talk about "bubbles" in the enamel I think more often than not they referring to the little pin holes people are talking about which is why I think there may be a little confusion. I think that the pin holes occur when air gets trapped in the enamel, basically making a bubble. During the process, when that bubble floats to the top and bursts, it leaves what looks like a little pin hole behind.

I do think it has to do with the glitter paint, when dealing with glitter it is very difficult to get a nice smooth finnish, BUT saying that if there were only 150 made would it really take that long to over look the production to find these flaws???

Maybe the pins that made it to the sets sold during the expo were actually the better ones. This makes me wonder: Surely some pins did not pass quality control. I wonder what happened to those? Thinking that they might seep into secondary markets makes my blood curl.:anxious:

Did anyone see the Rapunzel go for a whopping $175 in an auction on that one site. I knew these would go up in price, but never that quickly. Maybe the auction coulda been fixed, but if that is the real price for it, thats beyond crazy. That's almost the price of the original set?!?! I'm just glad a kind seller sold me hers for $50. Got it outta the way quick and painless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back