• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!
So please dont hang me here, but all of our angry emails to Disney cannot encourage pin trading. Disney did not promise or announce that this set would be released online, we would not have even known about it if we were not snooping around for sneak peaks, it would have just been a surprise release at the D23 event. Isn't this what started pin trading in a sense? Something released somewhere specifically and if you wanted it you traded for it? It feels so much like this has become an instant gratification hobby where people drive up the prices by buying because they don't have patience to wait for the trade, and people don't want to trade because they see what people are willing to pay for it. What happened to true trading? I personally feel that us demanding things from Disney is putting this hobby in danger, again all of this is just my own opinion which I am sure I will hear about, but where is the fun in all of the anger stress... I am really sorry for the people that are dissapointed,lets work together and help each other out with these sets.

Actually Disney talks about the release of the pins and dolls on their blog and on the website for DisneyStore.com so it wasn't any surprise. They way they handled it was a total shock. They should never have publicly announced the August 22nd release of the pins and dolls if they intended to sell them all at the D23 event. They also blogged about the framed set of the Legacy Collection. I had asked Disney weeks ago about returning my individual pins and just buying the framed set. So yes, I think we definitely need to let them know we feel cheated. If you want it to be a surprise, don't blog about it. Disney has made some serious mistakes recently and they really need to acknowledge this and let their customers know that they hear the concerns. I'm not angry or stressed, I'm just frustrated that Disney wants to pretend that everything is fine and dandy when in reality it is NOT. That's my two cents.

Did they really, the one time they actually do, tag a release date on a pin set? And it's basically a lose/lose for everyone involved. x.x

Wow.

Does anyone know if they are sold out or not? I am going to the Expo tomorrow.

I was wondering if they might release the pins at D23 since they match the Princess designer dolls that were also being announced at D23, plus there is the exclusive D23 Cinderella Doll (silver dress) which of course is way marked up ebay as well.

Ah - Ha ... I knew there was a method to their madness . Only Disney , anything to make a buck . What's sad is I'm a D23 member and couldn't make it out to Cali . How fair is this to other D23 members that couldn't go . I'm not surprised that we got royally screwed !

I feel like these are the Jim Shore Carousels all over again....those caused a huge fuss, a few sold for like $400-$500 and then the bottom completely fell out. They just weren't as popular as people thought...only time will tell I guess.

Sounds about right with princesses.

I'd be interested in seeing what the community would think about this: which is more popular right now for pin collectors: Up or Tangled?

Yup, 150 LE ! That is a good price on Rapunzel, but unfortunately don't have $90.00 to waste on a pin . Jasmine is $55.00 , not bad either . I'm going to wait on these unless someone Co Ops . Like anything else, these are new and everyone is going crazy . Next year, we will get them for $25.00 a piece on the Bay .
The Cinderella doll that was released today was 250 LE . She looks just like a Barbie !

So now only 5 people will ever have a 110th Legacy Collection since two of the pins are lost forever. Maybe that's why they "lost" the MM Club pin. Sure does make those frames valuable. Way to go Disney. Maybe they should change the corporate to Greed Incorporated.

And thanks unibear for the dedication. I happen to really like that song and it suits how I feel perfectly.

Your other option is to try for the Japanese ones since they are basically the same pin

I feel like these are the Jim Shore Carousels all over again....those caused a huge fuss, a few sold for like $400-$500 and then the bottom completely fell out. They just weren't as popular as people thought...only time will tell I guess.

I would maybe agree with that except for the art issue. The Jim Shore pins were fugly. These, IMO, are nice looking.

It's a nice dream, though....that they'll fall. :) I hope it comes true...

So now only 5 people will ever have a 110th Legacy Collection since two of the pins are lost forever. Maybe that's why they "lost" the MM Club pin. Sure does make those frames valuable. Way to go Disney. Maybe they should change the corporate to Greed Incorporated.

And thanks unibear for the dedication. I happen to really like that song and it suits how I feel perfectly.

The Mulan and McQueen / Mater pins are back on disneyshopping.com

Wow - I now understand that most purchases did not get any sort of discount.

..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Some of the sets already sold for $350 each.. and now ppl are asking $400? That's a pretty good profit..

With the LE of 150 - I would think that the price of these pins will stay a bit high.

Last edited:
The people I have talked to that got the pins did not get the passholder discount, probably because it is a Disney Store product.

Oh - Yep, they'd have to be annual passholders to get the discount.. Did this D23 event offer annual passholders' a discount?

Even without a discount the price for each pin originally would be ~$21.50. And I guess you could figure in some of the cost of going to the event (but not all) - so that would be about $25.00 each. Hey - it's opportunity and if there are buyers - then that's the way it goes..

The people I have talked to that got the pins did not get the passholder discount, probably because it is a Disney Store product.

Sounds about right with princesses.

I'd be interested in seeing what the community would think about this: which is more popular right now for pin collectors: Up or Tangled?

Tangled is more popular. We have only seen 1 UP pin released so far all year..2 when the 110th collection pin is released. UP has kinda died down alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back