• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

I can't even.

To release such a high-demand set at ONE LOCATION (across the country, for most of us)...KNOWING that those buying it will not only profit, but GROSSLY profit (assuming they don't keep or trade it). F*** you, Disney.

Now, if I ever want to see that set, I basically have to kiss TWICE as much as my money (or pins in trade value) good-bye.

Nothing like bending over and taking it from our lovely friends at Disney! Glad you guys love your loyal customers so much!

I just got done sending ds.com a very "nice" note stating how disappointed and sick I am about this set. I don't know if it will help but I think if we all send them a "nice" note they might get some stuff threw their heads! I am so sick with this! I can't believe they would do this...not all d23 members could make it down there! I am with everyone else...f u Disney!

...you mean a buying limit of 5? The edition size should be much higher than that...

I believe they're talking about the 110th framed set, which was a limited edition of 5...which may be the only complete 110th sets because of the 3 or 4 "lost" pins...

I just got done sending ds.com a very "nice" note stating how disappointed and sick I am about this set. I don't know if it will help but I think if we all send them a "nice" note they might get some stuff threw their heads! I am so sick with this! I can't believe they would do this...not all d23 members could make it down there! I am with everyone else...f u Disney!
what did they tell you ?

...you mean a buying limit of 5? The edition size should be much higher than that...
I agree with you Abyssinian, about bending over for Disney ! I wanted Rapunzel for my granddaughters room . She's 2 and my dear husband and I just did her big girl bedroom in Tangled Disney paint . I hung all the Tangled Lithographs . I'm working on a Tangled pin picture .
I wanted Jasmine for myself and not because she's my favorite princess . She is one of the prettiest Disney designed in this set .

Last edited:
Why are all wanting on Rapunzel pin? just curious.. Also yes the Super pin set was released today at the D23 event. There is a limited edition size of 5.

I really have no idea why Rapunzel is so popular. I'm just glad Pocahontas isn't, or I'd never get her merchandise, then again if she was popular I'd have more merchandise to choose from.

I know, I didn't realize Rapunzel was so popular- I was only wanting her because I don't have any pins of her yet. Maybe it's because not a lot of pins are out with her right now?

Wow, this makes my heart hurt. I didn't even really want this set, although I was toying with the idea because they ARE very beautiful pins. Very disheartening for all those who were truly looking foward to this set. I hope those pins find their way to you all somehow... and hopefully without the hefty price tags we've seen so far.

Disney Store has really been light on the pins ever since 2010, and since this is a fan event that is showcasing collectibles all over the place I don't find this news surprising. Hope everyone gets what they want in the end though.

So please dont hang me here, but all of our angry emails to Disney cannot encourage pin trading. Disney did not promise or announce that this set would be released online, we would not have even known about it if we were not snooping around for sneak peaks, it would have just been a surprise release at the D23 event. Isn't this what started pin trading in a sense? Something released somewhere specifically and if you wanted it you traded for it? It feels so much like this has become an instant gratification hobby where people drive up the prices by buying because they don't have patience to wait for the trade, and people don't want to trade because they see what people are willing to pay for it. What happened to true trading? I personally feel that us demanding things from Disney is putting this hobby in danger, again all of this is just my own opinion which I am sure I will hear about, but where is the fun in all of the anger stress... I am really sorry for the people that are dissapointed,lets work together and help each other out with these sets.

Maybe I'm out of line, but I don't think it's wrong to demand a little respect and good old customer service from someone who is ever so willing to take my $$ but not listen to my concerns.

Why are all wanting on Rapunzel pin? just curious.. Also yes the Super pin set was released today at the D23 event. There is a limited edition size of 5.

So now only 5 people will ever have a 110th Legacy Collection since two of the pins are lost forever. Maybe that's why they "lost" the MM Club pin. Sure does make those frames valuable. Way to go Disney. Maybe they should change the corporate to Greed Incorporated.

And thanks unibear for the dedication. I happen to really like that song and it suits how I feel perfectly.

Last edited:
So now only 5 people will ever have a 110th Legacy Collection since two of the pins are lost forever. Maybe that's why they "lost" the MM Club pin. Sure does make those frames valuable. Way to go Disney. Maybe they should change the corporate to Greed Incorporated.
I was so very disappointed witn the MM Club Pin . It was the only one out of the 110th series I wanted . :lol: Margaret ... thats a good one .

So please dont hang me here,

I won't hang you :)

There is another issue where everyone wants the next holy grail pin. Pin trading started out hot and fast, where everything was valuable. People have wanted to recreate that frenzy for years. "Lower editions sizes, better designs," how often have we seen that chant. In the old days, the most valuable pins were the ones that were released at special events. So now here's a set that meets all the criteria for creating a holy grail, and the freak out is in full effect.

Personally, I've never been a fan of lower edition sizes. Not since the DA 100 pins first came out. I think it leads to more disappointment than celebrations, and disappointment is not a recipe for happy pin traders. Unhappy pin traders leave the hobby, and so future pins have less demand. If a pin is good enough, time will take care of value. I look at the prices some of the LE1000 DA pins go for on the sale board, and I shake my head since I know many of them were $5 pins at CM pin parties in FL. But time has made them valuable. Although, not the $100 or $200 pins that people really want.

So before everyone shoots off their angry emails, I think they should consider what they really want. Pins that become grail worthy in a very short period of time, or pins that everyone who wants them and makes a reasonable effort, has a good chance to obtain (but that means they will have to be produced in larger quantities, and stick around for awhile). I'm not sure how it's possible to have both.

It feels so much like this has become an instant gratification hobby where people drive up the prices by buying because they don't have patience to wait for the trade, and people don't want to trade because they see what people are willing to pay for it.

Believe me, this is not new. This is the way pin trading started, and it became the expectation for so many years. It might have been moderated a bit more recently, and so newer pin traders might not have been exposed to it as much. There have always been the haves that seem to get a hold of whatever pin they want, and have no limit on price. And then there is everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back