• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!
One seller already sold 2 Rapunzel pins and she has her third one up for sale.

Another seller has sold 3 boxed sets already.

If there are limits to how many people can purchase, how do they get so many? They take a lot of family & friends I suppose.

Okay, I heard from a friend who was at the Expo last night that they are sold out as far as he knows. I hope it is not true!

Stupid question: Is there tax on this expo merchandise? I think there should be, but just wanted to check.

If yes, how much?

But just because they were limited to two, is per person is not per family . Two for the husband, two for the wife, another one or two for the child or children tag alongs . Thats 5 or 6 a family . I'd hate to have those credit card bills at the end of the month .

But just because they were limited to two, is per person is not per family . Two for the husband, two for the wife, another one or two for the child or children tag alongs . Thats 5 or 6 a family . I'd hate to have those credit card bills at the end of the month .

Oh, I don't know. Pay 6 x $200 for the sets and sell each one for $350 or more. Now that's a credit card bill I'd like to have!!

Which is why I don't have credit cards and never have. If I can't afford to pay for it - I don't need it. When I see a pin I really want I save up for it and I save a fund called "pin money". I've missed a few pins but in the end - I have no bill.

As much as I can understand that they'd want to release this at the Expo to give an extra incentive for people to go, not announcing the release in advance seems kind of backwards. I would've gladly paid for a ticket if I had any idea they were doing this, and I doubt I'm the only one. Granted, they're just going to sell out anyways, so I'd guess that whoever made this decision is actually going to feel pretty good about it? But yeah. It's a missed opportunity to boost D23 attendance, and it's just going to sour people on DS.com even more.

-JD

Gloomy I am right there with you. I would have tried to convince my sister's boyfriend to get me his tickets so I could go. :(

I mean, if their strategy was to make sure I go to the D23 Expo next year, I guess it worked? New slogan for next year's Expo: "Come Friday - Bring Friends - Make MASSIVE BANK" LOL!

-Jason

LOL Good One Gloomy !
Oops, I lied ... I have my bank visa , but its debit/credit and if the money isn't there, I can't buy it . Makes life simpler with less monthly bills to worry about paying off . LOL

The only discounts one could get at the Disney Store at the expo were if you were a Disney Visa cardholder or a cast member. I know it's not a lot but don't forget that Ebay people also have Ebay and Paypal fees. :) I saw them and they are gorgeous even with the enamel bubbles BUT I was on a budget and opted for Vinyls instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back